1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers 'slobber' at prospect of a newbie

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06281/728304-87.stm

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

By 1983, the Steelers' defense had lost much of its Steel Curtain strength, but it still looked plenty formidable to a young, hotshot quarterback from Stanford making his NFL debut at Three Rivers Stadium.

"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself," John Elway would say later of Jack Lambert. "I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back. Just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant ...' "

Wouldn't it be great if San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers has some of those same thoughts tonight when he looks at the Steelers' defense and sees the Most Feared Player In The NFL -- or so some say -- glaring back at him?

It's not out of the question that Joey Porter and pals will put a little fright and confusion into Rivers, a young, hotshot quarterback who will be making his fourth NFL start. That's typically been the impact a Dick LeBeau-coached defense has on inexperienced quarterbacks. It's especially been true the past two-plus seasons when LeBeau has played evil tricks on opposing offenses by calling on the versatility of such players as Porter, James Farrior and Troy Polamalu.

2. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Steelers 'slobber' and piss their pants ....

Get 'em a drool cup. And some Depends.

3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Ohh My!! somebody has a high opinion of their team. Let the writer know this ISN'T last year. Besides if Rivers is scared let him get a dog.

Maybe someone should worry about Merriman, especially with Ben not all there yet.