1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stephen Cooper says.....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Oct 11, 2010.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Said Chargers LB Stephen Cooper of losing to the Raiders, "We definitely played down to their level. We lost the game. We ain't supposed to lose this game. This is a game we all thought we were going to win. We didn't. You have to take your hats off to the Raiders."

This is what I find alarming. Who do you blame, coaches or players. The coach/coaches can do only so much. In the end it is the players out there doing what they ahve to do. This wreaks of giving half effort and assuming the man next to you will make theplay. I'd say sit some players and make them think about that but we are leaning toward being thin to begin with. This will NEVER be a championship team when they aren't going full throttle for 60 minutes.

2. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    I'll contend we are not a talented team. This is no mystery.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    'We played down to their level' yet it's 'hats off to the Raiders'. That doesn't add up for me. More like 'we're a bunch of morons who (once again) came in expecting to win and so laid an egg, instead of playing our asses off like we're paid to do and performing'. STFU Coop, SOS for Brandon Siler.

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    No doubt. It's like he is giving them props for actually putting up an effort. Seems like many thought we would just walk all over them. Turds definitley had alot more to prove going into this game then the Bolts and it showed.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    STFU Cooper

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I agree. Once that guy learns to make a solo tackle rather than getting run over, then maybe he can talk

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The defense just seemed to shut it down after we went up 24-15. It's like they expected the Raiders to just quit. But it was the Bolts D that did the quitting.

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Paging Mr Siler....paging Mr Siler you're needed Mr Siler.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    BEEEOTCH! It is all your fault we lost! You were supposd to go tell the Raiders what was waiting for them, and there would be no complementary doses of KY!

I hate you now! Hate! Hate! Hate!

Ok, I am over it, wana beer?

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The Chargers always play down to their opponents level this time of year. Cooper just seems to do it better than his backup.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    And that is why you failed hard.

Our D is a mess. They looked so incompetent in the 2nd half, man, like a COMPLETELY different team out there compared pretty much to the rest of the season. WTF happened? Were these guys in that locker room @ the half laughing and joking because we had come back for 12 down to take the lead and they just expected to win because of it?

Man, I'm not totally down on the team yet, but to keep seeing them making the same ******* retarded mistakes OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER ad naseum is so gatdamn frustrating. Watching them just CHOKE it away yesterday was one of the sickest feelings I've had as a football fan in a LONG freakin' time.

Props to the Raiders for finally getting over on us and taking advantage. Someone obviously wanted it more.

12. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Absolutely right. This has been one of the most arrogant teams in recent memory, starting from the top down. Unfortunately for them, unlike other arrogant teams, they have been unable to back up that attitude with good fundamental play. They can point to all the stats they like, but unless they are performing for fantasy football numbers, no one cares.

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    QFT. The Bolts talked all that shiat last week about the Raiders not finishing. And it was the Chargers that did not finish. Period. We went up 24-15 in the third quarter and then were outscored 20-3 from that point forward.

14. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    "One of the most arrogant teams in recent memory." Could you back that up with something? I think this team has shown a healthy confidence, one they have not earned this year, but I can think of teams alot more arrogant than this one.