1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Smith has message for rookie Jarett

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 31, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2007/10/smith-has-messa.html

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Jarett can watch all the film Smith wants, but it still won't get either of them the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Nor will it bring gimme the ball johnson back:yes::icon_rofl:

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Yet another in the long line of USC WR busts. Where are the people that were pissed that AJ didn't draft this guy now?

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Maybe he should look at what's happened to Mike Williams, because if he doesn't change his attitude he'll be just like him, and some were complaining we didn't pick him. :no:

Buster may not have lit the world on fire yet, but at least you know he's working hard.

6. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Not really boltzrule, had mike williams entered the supplemental draft absolutely we would have had him, and who knows what that year wouldve meant to him. Jarrett looked to be a slimmer mike williams to me anyhow, only same speed. Mike is a big target, that's about it, no thanks on sc reveivers.

7. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155

What makes you think AJ had any interest in Mike Williams? Even if Mike fell to our pick in 2005 I believe AJ would of passed over him for Merriman or Ware, whichever one was available. AJ loves guys with a great work ethic and Mike Williams never had that.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Wonder how Me-Shawn feels :lol:

9. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Because if you remember correctly he was close to being eligible for the supplemental draft in which we would have had first stab at him, the age thing came into play and when maurice clarrett was denied so was mike, which kept him out of football for a year, I remember being very excited about the possibility at the time, maybe you don't. But it was a very possible scenario for a few weeks.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Guilty as charged, I did the same thing, I've had some bad picks in 03-04-05

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    A.j. seems to have this thing about drafting hard workers that are basically the opposite of meshawn.. Doesn't sound like either usc wr fit that bill.

12. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Eh, me too, but I was never excited about the sammy davis draft, mostly because i didn't know who the fuq he was, nor was I engulfed in happiness by the Merriman draft, that feeling came about a year later.

13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Still doesnt mean AJ had any interest in him.

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Guilty as charged man. I was pimpin BMW back on the forum. Man, thank god AJ didn't take my advice on that move. BMW now officially stands for "BUST Mike Williams" But man, that dude is a BIG Mofo. He should try to be a TE if he wants to continue his career. He actually made some nice catches against us when we played the Faiders. Still a bust though. AJ probably knew this all along....

However, although I pimped BMW, I also chose Merriman, so I'm 1 for 2...:yes:

15. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Heh .. I feel this is a pretty classless move from Steve Smith. If you have a problem, talk off camera. I don't care if he is a bust of not, you don't err your locker room crap on live TV.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Here's the thing to understand about USC recievers:

They excel because a) the qb throwing to them are heisman caliber qbs and basically make the recievers look good, and b)USC is SOOOOOOO loaded with talent that defenses have an incredibly tough time trying to figure out who to double and whatnot

Look at the last 5 years of USC teams and guys in the pros. Palmer. Leinart. Bush. White. Udezi. Latui. Tatupu. BMW. Jarrett. Colbert. Smith. All DRAFTED into the NFL. That's being loaded.

17. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    Ok that's nice and all but I still don't see what makes you think AJ, not the fans, wanted him.

Just because he was hyped and all that doesn't mean AJ had any interest at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, AJ drafts guys with great work ethics and Mike Williams never had one. If you don't believe me look at all the players he drafted.

18. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Just like it's way too early to call Craig Davis a bust it's also way too early to call Dwayne Jarrett a bust.

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Have there been any Non-Bust WRs from USC? :icon_shrug: "Gimme the damn ball guy" doesn't count. He was always more mouth than ability.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Having a loud mouth doesn't remove his ability to catch the ball.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Curtis Conway

???

:icon_shrug:

22. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    But if he had spent more time focusing on his game and less on running his mouth, he might have been Great instead of just good/avg.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    While this may be true he's far from a bust, and therefore does "count"

24. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    It sure doesn't mean he didn't. It wasn't only the fans that saw what could've been. Every analyst on the planet had something to say on the subject. Do you all know A.J personally? Well enough to know he would have no interest in the best receiver coming out of college that year in the supplemental draft? No question he wouldn't take a shot on that with the receiving corp we had, rookie qb just drafted with brees on his way out.

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    How can you ask others if they know AJ personally as a way of putting into question their assertion that AJ had no interest in BMW, but then turn around and boldly proclaim that he did, like as though you know AJ that well?

All we can do is presume, none of us will ever know the real answer.

26. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Ok, he is worth .5 of a WR then. :lol: He never lived up to his incredible hype. He was the #1 pick in 1996. That makes him a half-bust in my book.

27. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    You gotta be pretty foolish to think had he been eligible he wouldn't have been a charger, I know espn is wrong on many things, but the odds are against you if you think/thought otherwise, besides what a stupid argument this was to begin with. It was a simple point and then someone comes up with the "how do you know a.j. was interested" bit, how do i know? because our receivers sucked and he would've been booed by the same people arguing had he not taken him.

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    While this may be true for the most part, in the end it's still just speculation.

You don't have any idea what AJ thought at the time anymore than anyone else.

AJ doesn't make his decisions based on whether or not he'd be booed

We learned that when he suspended Antonio Gates.

29. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I really hate to continue this, but...I'm gonna. I didn't suggest he would draft him in fear of being booed. Just saying anyone on this forum would have booed him had he not. I'm confused:icon_huh: