1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stick A Fork In LT, He's Done

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdchrger, Jun 21, 2010.

1. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    It looks like the people in NY are starting to find out what we've known for a long time.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/face_facts_jets_ladainian_is_pretty_qxy5KHbjF4z2bgyOcurpAO

• Like Like x 1
  2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The whole world will get to see what we've unfortunately been dealing with the past two years when Hard Knocks with the Jets premiers.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    It was harsh, but its clear AJ made the correct decision, and I can't wait to see what Mathews can do.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Does that mean that AJ was actually right? :icon_huh:

:popcorn::icon_toast::icon_party:

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Affirmative.:yes:

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I wish Tomlinson all the best, must be rough on him to see it vanish all so quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Aw but he just got that new Jets tattoo on his calf.

9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    http://moderateinthemiddle.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/no-****-sherlock.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Typical comments full of excuses. As bad as it sounds I want Complainian to do really bad to prove that the Chargers are right and he's wrong. I don't care if I sound bitter, he basically **** all over the Chargers and their fans.

11. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    I see laser removal in his future... :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Removal from the roster?....Oh wait....you were talking about the tattoo! :lol:

It is sad to see the body break down before the mind is ready to call it a career. On the plus side, the Jets are the ones who have to deal with it now.

13. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7

Sorry, please forgive my nooby-ness, and I haven't been paying attention to the Chargers as much in the off season as I should have (kind of threw in the towel after the playoff loss), but could you please direct me to the interview where L.T. "**** all over the fans"?

I've listened to his interview with Darren Smith on XX1090 at the end of the season about 3 times, and his only complaints seem to be about the offensive line, and how he was used in Turner's offense.

If there's another interview where he gets nastier, I'd love to hear/see it.

Cheers,

S.D.Love

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :lol:

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    SD Love, search the forums and you'll find all the articles where LT blames Norv, the Oline, AJ, your mom, the fans, everyone but himself for his decline.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Though I must admit in my own curiosity if he's playing poorly enough and showing so little ability at his old age then I wonder if (that continues and yes I'm looking far into the future) the Jets would consider cutting him

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Rex wont want to look stupid, he's already been tooting LT's horn before he got a chance to see him in pads.

Did you see that interview on ESPN with Rex? I wanted to puke, I doubt there is anyone on this planet who believes more in their own media hype.:icon_high:

18. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Yes. But he should have pulled the trigger 12 mths earlier.

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    There's nothing I want more than to see Fat Rex proven wrong, esp. about the expectations of his team.

[​IMG]

20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    L.T. may not have anything left

Posted by Mike Florio on June 22, 2010 2:30 PM ET

With more and more New York publications pointing out that new Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson didn't look too good during offseason workouts, we decided that it was time to devote a segment of PFT Daily to L.T.'s status.

And, besides, quality topics aren't exactly falling out of trees right now.

So here we go.

Video...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/22/lt-may-not-have-anything-left/

21. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    If they do, then we can claim him off waivers, put him on the practice squad and promote Andre Coleman.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    He did what?

23. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    He added a Jets tattoo on one of his calfs to show his dedication to his new team. :lol:

24. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Marty rode that horse hard. :lol:

25. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    It's gonna be hard on him to look at that Jets tattoo the rest of his life when he gets cut in training camp!

26. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    That last vid was gawd awful. That ain't my LT...

27. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    He's definitely dropped a cylinder...maybe two. :no:

If LT's trying to prove a point he may have done so alright, but it damn sure ain't the one he was intending...

28. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    its sad that most charger fans here have this negative attitude towards LT. like the 8 great years he had here never happened, just a stupid media battle with a jerk gm. i wonder how long before ppl on this site will get over it

29. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    The quote from that article that I liked was:
    I respect LT and everything he has done in his Hall of Fame worthy career in san Diego, but one must admit that he took more than a few parting shots on his way out the door. :tdown:

He’s lost his burst and although he can still be quite useful, he just cannot be the #1 horse in anyone’s backfield anymore and he blames Norv & AJ for that even though he was never reduced to a backup role here, even though he should’ve been last season and the one before too. He was only asked to take a pay cut once, and If he was willing to take a little less money, he would still be a Charger but most professional athletes equate money offered with respect.

LT definitely swallowed a little pride in accepting less money & a backup role with the Jets. Had he been willing to do that for us, he would not currently have different helmets tattooed on each of his thighs and I cannot wait to hear his excuses if he has a lousy season with the Jets, and gets let go by them next offseason.

30. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Although I read these threads throughout the off-season I have not posted in awhile; however after reading all of the comments under this topic I am a little surprised at the loyalty of the fans toward a player that helped turn around the Chargers from nothing to something.

I understand about all of the comments that have been made, and the tattoo, however he is a great player that is trying to come to terms with his situation. Just cut him some slack, he will always be a Charger and when he goes to the Hall of Fame that is what he will be remembered as.