1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Still a fan

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDRaiderH8er, Nov 2, 2014.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I just checked and I do not see a surrender flag among this bunch! Still a fan! DSCN0988_631.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I think we’re really gonna take it to the Raiders in 2 weeks! :raiderssuck:

We should have Mathews, Attachou, Te’o and maybe even Ingram back by then, and the entire team & coaching staff will have to stew on this debacle for that long.

I’d bet good money that the majority of this team almost wishes we had a game to play next weekend, just to put this stinker behind us.

3. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    The Bolts deserve to stew in their own stench for two weeks! Learn from it or live in it forever!

4. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I love it!

Obviously, three straight losses is heartbreaking, but realistically it was always going to be tough to beat KC and Denver back-to-back on a short week. Especially after dominating early in the season and getting a 5-1 lead. We were due for those losses, and we were also due for a stinker against a team that we should've beat (Miami). I'm not trying to make excuses, but we've been decimated with injuries and realistically we weren't going to go 8-1. I'm confident in McCoy and #17. After this bye week, we'll be back firing on all cylinders. Let's get a couple of easy wins against those fraud teams that abandoned So Cal (Raiders/Rams) and then ride that momentum through the rest of the season to secure a playoff spot. By that time, hopefully we're relatively healthy and then anything can happen.

Honestly, a lot of our woes have to do with our ineffective run game. I think Oliver has been a revelation and for an undrafted rookie free agent, we couldn't really ask for much more. But obviously, he's not a #1 back. I'm very optimistic that with Mathews coming back as our #1 RB, and then Oliver going back to a more natural spot as a change-of-pace back to back-up RM24, we'll be doing much better.

Again, I'm not trying to make excuses. These were some pathetic performances we put up. But I'm a fan. Dwelling on these losses isn't going to do anybody any good. All I can do is move forward and hope for the best.

Stay classy San Diego. Better days lay ahead!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    We'll make the playoffs some how. I've lowered my expectations of what we'll do when we're there however.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'll always be a fan, even when we get back to the 2-14 days.

But I can't think about this effin team right now, I'm gonna start diving into a few books I've been meaning to read to take my mind off the disgust.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    or watch the walking dead...if you havent already lol

8. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378

Maybe I can borrow one from our French-Canadian fan Jammer ??

Surely he'd have one ???

9. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    I’m very confident in Philip Rivers, but as witnessed today, when he is under constant pressure, he can really rack up the turnovers.

I’m not as confident in our coaching staff, especially after today. We had 10 days to prepare, and still could never get in a groove. Some early decisions really hurt us today, like not kicking the field goal on the 1st drive, but if we were going to be aggressive and go for it, not having Rivers sneak for the yard but instead tossing it 2-3 yard deep and having Oliver get stuffed. They seem to just accept our futility in running the ball, and let opposing teams attck Philip at will. A few screens & misdirection running plays could help, but we never attempt them – exactly why not is a mystery.

Our offensive line is putrid, they can’t seem to block for the pass or the run. I agree that Oliver has been a revelation, but with defenders currently living in our backfield, I seriously doubt if Ryan Mathews would fare much better. I do look forward to seeing the 2 of them in the same backfield though, and I think in the offseason, Donald Brown needs to bulk up a bit and be our fullback going forward – he’s just not fast enough to play tailback!

Our defensive line isn’t much better, they make every opposing quarterback, despite their experience level, look elite.

Something just isn’t right with Keenan Allen – the majority of Philip’s picks are attempts to throw to him and they cannot all be bad throws by Rivers. Injury concerns while in college are why he slipped to the 3rd round anyway, and one wonders if he might be playing though some kind of injury because the difference between the KA13 we saw last season and the one we’re currently seeing is night & day.

10. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    So this is what it feels like to be a raider fan.
    Scary
    Don't like the felling

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    If the Pats can bounce back from getting dismantled by the Chiefs on national TV, so can we. I'm not going to lose hope. This is a crazy league.

12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Still a fan too.... been through really bad days before and somehow got over them. This one yesterday is right up there though, the most disgusting disgraceful excuse for an NFL team I've seen in a long time.

People talk about backlashes. Where was the 2nd half backlash/intensity?, there's always been a motivation issue with the Bolts i.e. we can get it up and hammer a team supposedly superior and then do what we did yesterday. I gotta really question the coaching leadership now. That O line did not try a lick yesterday and yet we have one of the best O line coaches in the NFL. If they are not going to fight/try for Joe D what hope do we have?

I can't blame Rivers or Oliver for that matter behind this line. It needs to be blown up. Fluker needs to be a RG now simples, let's make Watt the center of the future starting today. Get anybody (even Willie Smith to play RT), the only guy I'd leave in his spot (due to lack of options) is Dunlap. Let all the other battle for the LG spot.

Oh and bench Butler minimum. Tell him he's not playing against the Raiders right now and ask him to show the coaches he deserves a 2nd chance.

After this season it can be bye bye Gilly, Donald Brown, Reggie Walker, Reyes, Troutman, Rinehart, Ohrnberger, JJ (bring him back as a coach), Freeney, Johnson and Phillips.

13. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    Nothing like standing up for one's addictions, awarding one's self a medal, and them to throw a little nationalistic spin on it to boot. "Hey, I've just been puking my guts out all night, but I'll never give up my Jack Daniels!"

(except that is Tennessee, vodka would be Russian, tequila Mexican, a Chargers addiction probably equates to cheap beer)

All of this loyalty crap may be true, but it may be a tad more prudent just to shut up about it for the time being. :D

14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    Some would say that sending in #10 was the "surrender flag." (I agree with getting Rivers out!)

An angry fan might say that "The Chargers could not do one damned thing right yesterday...
    not even surrender!!"

As for me, I can't remember the last time this team looked so uniformly awful...
    but fortunately, a 37 point humiliation is still just one "L"... the same as a one point loss, on the road,
    to the Cardinals...so, still 5-4, and able to reach the playoffs if heads can be pulled out of asses...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  15. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Hell yeah still a fan.

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'm forever a fan

But I'm still reeeeallly pissed off

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    Ditto.

Chargers will definitely lose a lot of marginal fans, though (some call them "bandwagonners"...)
    which makes the following graphic unintentionally funny...since some "fans" are now leaving...

Chargers say Bye.png

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Is this the stop where one can change teams for the rest of the season??????

19. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    Getting your starting quarterback out of that blowout game was the right move, and Miami did the same thing. Their backup (Matt Moore) played the entire 4th Quarter, as did Kellen Clemens.

20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    IMO this team lacks depth. We have some great starters but with the amount of injuries we had there was a huge drop off. We also need to address both sides of the line of scrimmage, games are won and lost by those who dominate that line.

21. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +341
    That’s for sure! I fondly remember the days when LT was in his prime and our line was so dominant that they could tell opposing teams where they intended to run, and still couldn’t be stopped.

22. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Still.

Til Death.

23. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    It's Monday morning. had a fight with my wifey last night (nothing to do with football).
    the first thing I did this morning is crack a beer and check the Bolttalk forums. Aye yay yay.
    On with my day

24. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    The important thing now is just to use our bye week to get our stuff together, hopefully get some of our impact players back on the field, and focus on the games ahead. Can't afford to spend too much time looking in the rear-view, we're still in a good position and have to put in work to get back on track.

25. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Makes that 1 point loss and 10 point lead to Arizona to open the season up even more crucial that we didn't close it out.

Interesting note, Chargers have never lost a game by 10+ more points under McCoy. They have for 2 straight weeks.

What worries me is, no push from the OL means no run game for Mathews either. Which means Rivers has to do even more. And as we're seeing the last 3 weeks, Rivers looks like Rivers of 2012. Forcing things and trying to be the one who makes things happen. Against 3 solid opponents for 3 straight weeks, he's had 6 INTs.

In loses, Rivers has had a completion % of 61% with 6 TDs and 7 INTs. In wins he's had a completiong % of 72 % with 14 TDs and 1 INT. Tells me this team can't win when our QB has an off day. Which is troubling.

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Good thing the season isn't over yet, well, it might be for some of y'all....... Have a great Winter and we'll see all of y'all next Spring :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I wore the colors through the 1-15 year... Through the Henning, Leaf, eras of futility... This aint nothing to make me strike the colors for...