1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Straight-talking LT irks Chargers brass

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Apr 2, 2010.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    The Chargers maintain their respectful silence regarding the demise and departure of LaDainian Tomlinson.

But it goes without saying they are not pleased with what he has been saying about why his statistics dropped so precipitously in recent years.

After a handful of indirect shots that began in 2007 about a change in the offense and personnel, Tomlinson has been more straightforward since signing with the New York Jets last month. And comments to the New York media Thursday crossed the line, according to some in the organization.

“The things that happened in San Diego, everything was taken away from me,” Tomlinson said. “There wasn’t an emphasis on running the football anymore, my best fullback was gone, the linemen were pass blocking and it was a passing quarterback and a passing coach. So, the situation’s kind of misleading when you look on film.”

Tomlinson had his numbers decline in each of the past three seasons under head coach Norv Turner. Last season, behind a patchwork offensive line, he gained 730 yards on 223 carries, both career lows by far.

Only General Manager A.J. Smith was talking for the record Friday, and he did not specifically address Tomlinson’s comments.

He said he had heard the quotes, and while he did not sound pleased, he declined to comment.

However, asked about his level of concern given the departure of high-profile starters and the state of the running game, Smith did fire a shot across the bow — presumably of Tomlinson and perhaps others.

“I’m not concerned,” Smith said. “I’m just excited about the upcoming year and looking forward. Having outstanding players throughout your team is vital to winning a championship, no doubt about that. But having the right team and trying to put that team together is the ultimate challenge and it’s a yearly challenge. Because it’s the team that will win a world championship — not a bunch of individuals who happen to be extremely talented and focused on themselves first.

“We are looking to build that ultimate team, and will continue to do so until we get it right.”

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    LT is only hurting himself as long as no one responds.

Guess what, folks? It's all a lead-in to Hard Knocks. The writers are gonna milk the relationship between the 2 teams & the playoff loss for all it's worth.

NOW does anyone think LT is in business for the money? :lol:

3. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Ouch!

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That last sentence said it all. I am glad A.J. fired that shot at all the "me-me" morons on the team or who have departed.

On another but similar note: LT and his wife LaTorsha opened a high priced doggie hotel (I call it a doggie hoe house) because I presume they thought it was needed and that they could make money at it.

Some legacy. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    No more excuses LT. You either put up or shut up this year.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Lt was 100% correct, but he still should have just kept his mouth shut

7. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to like LT less and less everytime he opens his mouth. I'm almost glad he's not on the team anymore. Time to get my son a new jersey.

8. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh i know. He's saying some douchey things lately. instead of enough of the LT bashing we need a thread called enough of the bashing LT... shut your mouth.

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    :tup:

10. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    So LT is a true leader huh? So now he is off to NY to help tudor the younger RB Green. Based on his comments lately, it seems that what he is showing is that when you do good....sit back and enjoy the love that everyone will shower you with and when things go bad......blame everyone else like management, the head coach & your fellow players. :icon_huh:

11. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    :icon_toast::icon_toast:

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    disagree, I'll say 60%, the other 40% is that he's getting old

agree 100% here