1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Cred's AFC West Predictions

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Chargers #1 in the afc west? Like, duh! Still a god read.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    He was spot on in his analysis and the areas of concern he listed. One of the better reads so far this year.

Rivers needs to change his perception, as he said about people should be talking about his game and not his mouth.

Gates and his toe, LT and his knee, WRs need to improve over last year. All points we already know.

JMal and the NT is an area of concern as well. His knees are not getting any younger. Castillo needs to stay on the field all year.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    #1 in INT's
    #5 in sacks
    #1 in opponents QBR

I thought Teddy Cottrell wasn't aggressive enough? :icon_shrug:

:)

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    LT is getting healthy fast. Rivers is healthy. The WR's improved plenty in the second half with the arrival of Chambers and the emergence of VJ as a consistent receiver. Parker will be back, Davis has another year of maturity and Naanee is about to graduate from his apprenticeship. Jamal is feeling spry again. Waters is health, Tucker could be about to step up, Siler has more seasoning and so their is depth. The review is as good as any I've seen, but everyone so far is underestimating the Chargers. They are especially underestimating Rivers who has put on his Gunny stripes.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Rivers needing to keep his mouth shut is one thing. But saying he's a head case is just off base.

In that game where Rivers was talking so much in Indy, he also had what was probably his best game as a pro. That's just Rivers being a competitor. I think anyone that has concerns about Rivers performance is just way off base.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Like it or not, it is how some are perceiving him. He gained a lot of respect on how he played in the AFCCG, but peeps still talk more about his mouth and popping off on fans then they do that gusty performance.

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Exactly. And in every game on TV this year, that's going to be the storyline. If Rivers says anything, it will be accentuated. If he does anything contrary, nobody will mention it.

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Nah, **** that. Rivers doesn't need to change anything. I don't give a rats *** what 'people are talking about.' I hope Rivers talks 10x as much **** this year on his way to a ring. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I have to admit that was a pretty good review. I mean, let's face it, we're going to meet the Cheats somewhere down the line in the playoffs, no doubt. We are really fighting for home field in the playoffs, not just the AFC West which I fully expect them to win. The question is are we going to face the Cheats here or at NE like last year? But you know what, wherever that game is played, I do believe we will get over the hump and exorcise the demons and beat the Cheats to propel us to the Super Bowl. That's my prediction. Write it down. :yes:

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Well if it's a God read it must be good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    don't know. I prefer satanic reads myself. :icon_huh: