1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gonzokrb, Nov 10, 2015.

1. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Ok, let's start the slaughter.
    Stud : That's right I saw only one, Rivers.
    Duds : Everybody and that includes the top on down. Front Office, Coaching, Players, equipment managers, custodial, and beer vendors!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Studs:

Philip Rivers – 20 yards shy of his 6th straight 300+ yard game, we’d be 0-9 without him, of this I’m sure.

Jason Verrett – Blanket coverage of Chicago’s best wideout, until re-aggravating his groin injury on his way to the end zone. Congrats on your 1st NFL touchdown!

Eric Weddle – Stepped up & took the field, and gutted out the whole game when we needed him. He led the team in tackles and even recovered Cutler’s fumble.

Danny Woodhead – It’s obvious why Rivers & the coaching staff leans on him so much, even to the detriment of the development of our top draft pick.

Melvin Ingram – Another sack, and forced fumble of Jay Cutler.

Josh Lambo – Considering the futility of our kick coverage teams, his touchbacks are key for even giving us a fighting chance.

Duds:

Everyone else, most notably the coaching staff who by all means should be unemployed right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    I disagree with Weddle's stud label. I give him that he was much better than the garbage leader on the D, cough.. cough Butler; but he was again a speed bump. Eric may very we'll be poised for interviewing RE agents early to put his house in Escondio on the market this Spring!

Another disagreement is on Melvin Ingram. It is sad that once in a while sack and that forced fumble elevates him into the studs category. The organization has done much more for him than he has done for the team!

4. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    These are personal opinions, and subjective to the person writing them – with that said, I defend both choices as “studs” for last night when studs were pretty hard to come by.

I give Weddle a ton of credit just for taking the field, while nursing an injury and with the bye week next, all for a team that he knows intends to cut him loose after this season. He could’ve taken the extra 2 weeks to heal but he stepped up for this team when we needed him, and performed well.

As for Melvin Ingram, he got a sack & forced a turnover while the Bears were in our red zone, and threatening to take the lead. That play could be why we led for the majority of this game, vice trailing early & fighting to catch up all game like we often do. He also stopped their running back for a short gain on 1st down, the very play before Verrett’s pick-six. If Langsford gets just a couple more yards that play, Chicago may have just kept running it down the field, and Jason may not get the opportunity that he took advantage of. In the next series, Ingram had a tackle for loss so I think it’s pretty easy to make the case for him being a “stud” in this game.

5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Studs
    Rivers: No explanation needed. He's the only reason this team is remotely competitive
    Ingram: Forced a fumble and generally caused havoc, until he got worn down
    Verrett: Finally caught one and housed it. Played Jeffery solid until he went down
    Lambo: Minimized the impact of our horrid kick coverage unit

Duds (in no particular order)
    Scifres: Time to hang 'em up. You're done.
    Stevie Johnson: Might have been on the other list except for that asinine ball spike. Douche move, and very costly
    The Coaching Staff: Mental mistakes are a result of inadequate coaching. Unacceptable on multiple levels.
    Strength and Conditioning Team: We have one?
    Deano: A fish rots from the head down, and this one is ripe as all get out. Thanks for nothing

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Weddle was playing hurt. He easily could've not played and waited until after the bye to take the filed, but he knew the season was on the line. That's what leaders do....... and yes, Weddle is a leader.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Studs:

Rivers- For reasons listed above, he is the only thing that keeps us from getting beat by 4 touchdowns every week.

Verrett- Elite. I dont care what anyone says. If he is on the field we have 1 side all but locked down. If he were on the field we would have won this game. All those big 3rd down conversions by Jeffery after he left killed us. The only catch he gave up was after he injured his groin. Wish he could just stay healthy.

Duds:

Everyone else from the top down.

8. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Same studs as every week: Rivers, Woodhead, Gates, Verrett.

Same duds as every week: everyone else

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Studs

Carrethers - looking good the more time he's out there
    Verrett - If healthy and holds up.....
    Woodhead - Gamer, but too many mistakes
    Rivers - shame about this year
    Ingram - Needs more consistency but he's flashing

Duds

The rest

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,726
    Stud - The Bye Week

Duds - Everyone on crutches, in a sling, wearing a boot, or wearing #34...