1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Studs, Duds and Zebras; Mile High

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 24, 2014.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Studs

Keenan Allen: All he does is make the Broncos his bitch
    Eric Weddle: many times he looked like the only guy playing defense
    Malcolm Floyd: He's playing fantastic even if the numbers don't show.
    Antonio Gates: The ageless wonder makes history
    Shareece Wright: I'm actually impressed with his level of play and PD
    Ricardo Matthews: Really turning into a find

Duds

DJ Fluker: Possibly the worst performance of his career
    Tourek Williams: Routinely proving what a mistake it was to keep him and not Keiser
    Richard Marshall: This man is a joke of a player
    The training staff: I take the word of Addae but between him and Verrett being out there, they're looking desperate.
    Brandon Oliver: Not all of it was his fault but he danced a great deal which contributed.
    Andrew Gachkar: If you get run over by Ronnie Hillman, you belong here.
    Donald Butler: Every week its becoming more and more difficult to defend him.
    Nick Novak: How are you the ONLY kicker in the NFL who can't kick a touchback at mile high?

Zebras

Seriously, F the Refs.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Studs
    A gutted by injury Bolt team who hung in there pretty well against (what the announcers were claiming) the best team in football, in their house, on a short week with a travel day thrown in for kicks.
    Duds
    Seriously, F the Broncos-a55-kissing refs.
    Note to Broncs
    Enjoy your W against our hospital ward. Mark Dec. 14 on your calendar as the game you get annihilated by the real Charger's team. We'll be waiting!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    I really hate blaming the refs, but man, yesterday was tough not to question some of those calls...

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Three huge plays that could have turned the entire game.

1. The fumbled kick off, which even the Mike Carey said should have been called a fumble, or at the very least inconclusive.

2. The INT by Weddle called back for holding on Gilchrist, complete bullshit as it was inside 5 yards and he did not grab move the receiver. If you can't jam a receiver on the goal line there is no hope to stop them, this is not the ******* pro bowl where they try to prohibit press coverage. Should have been 28-14 with 13:00 and our ball again.

3. The arm bar on Malcom Floyd on Rivers' 2nd pick, Floyd was unable to even reach the 2nd arm up there, it should have been our ball in the redzone. Having said that, it was a profoundly stupid decision to throw the ball into double coverage at that point in the game.

We could have won this game, or at least sent it to OT if not for these 3 blown calls. And there were a couple smaller ones too.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I'll say this again. That was one of the most interesting games I've watched in a while. Things that happened didn't, while, things that didn't happen did!!!???? Is it really possible to rate a game of this nature???????

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    You can blame the refs while still acknowledging the Chargers played poorly, they're not exclusive of each other.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I do have a DUD after all. My DUD id Oliver for ripping off a 23 yard run and not letting Philip lead the team for longest run on the night. :mad:

8. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    Eric Weddle was the only man playing defense. Throw in a sprinkle of Ricardo Mathews and Luiget

9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Studs:
    Broncos
    Duds:
    Chargers
    ........................ I hate blaming games on refs, but unfortunately there were some terrible calls. More towards the Chargers, but overall it was bad for both teams.

10. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Studs

Antonio Gates - 2 more touchdowns, a few other crucial receptions & the all time franchise receiving yardage record. Ladarius Green would be a starter & big contributor on most other teams, but you just can’t take the snaps or targets away from Gates, and rightfully so.

Eric Weddle – 9 tackles & 2 assists, a forced fumble and a brilliant 1 handed interception that was stolen by the refs. It kinda reminded me of the 1 handed pick he made while being held by Jeff Saturday in the 2007 playoff game at Indy.

Keenan Allen – Finally got into the end zone, and made numerous other contributions.

Malcom Floyd – Continues to amaze as the deep threat, should’ve drawn a flag on that last interception.

Middle Ground

Philip Rivers – The good: Touchdown pass in 28th consecutive game and 7th straight game with 2+ TDs, all with no help from the running game at all.
    The bad: 2nd game in a row in which he got greedy and threw an interception deep on a late desperation drive when the underneath stuff was being offered.

Nick Novak – Some touchbacks would be nice, especially in Denver. I’m beginning to wonder if these easily returnable kickoffs are part of a scheme or strategy.

McCoy/Reich – Perhaps it’s time to consider using a fullback (or some misdirection plays) to try to get some positive yards in the running game, all our halfbacks are meeting defenders in the backfield, and it affects our passing game as well.

Duds

D-Line – No pressure on Manning at all, hung our backup cornerbacks that were pressed into starting duty out to dry.

Refs – They sucked real hard, and definitely affected the outcome of the game. Both of the turnovers that they took from us each represented a potential 14 point swing, in a game that we lost by 14. There was not an attempt to even out the calls, otherwise we may have tied or even won the game which would’ve embarrassed everyone who has been on Manning’s jock all week.

Although I doubt if this is happening, I really hope that McCoy is sending the tapes of some of these plays to the league office for an explanation, especially Talib holding M80’s arm down on the final interception.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Didn't know we had to beat the Refs too...F*cken Scumbags!!! :mad:

And hope to hell Marshall got sh*t-canned this morning!!! :tdown: :poop:

12. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +35
    Studs

Floyd
    Gates
    Allen
    Weddle
    Rivers (he had to throw into coverage down 2-3 TDS)

Duds

Entire O-Line
    Entire D-Line
    Butler
    Marshall
    Marshall
    Marshall

Zebras - yeah, the two turnovers not being allowed to stand were hometown calls for sure, going into half maybe 14-7 up is a totally different halftime adjustment than down 14-7.

13. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    I understand the Marshall hate, but it reminds me back in high school when I tried out for Point Loma High varsity football. Coach Eden wanted me to play CB. I had good ILB-type side-to-side speed, but no way could I match up with faster wide outs on go routes. I said no thanks coach and kept on surfing.
    Marshall doesn't have the speed to keep up with the fleet footed WRs, and unfortunately for him he's not in a position to say no thanks, coach.
    Moral of the story: Richard Marshall needs to learn how to surf. ha ha.
    As for the Fossil? I surfed 3.5 hours this morning. Kawabunga!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I agree with this statement. He is all we had to put out there on the field. With our other corners injured, even Manning acknowledged that they took advantage of the mismatches and took the opportunities as they presented themselves. Marshall was severely overmatched on the field of play. He should change his name to "Toast" as he got burnt by everyone he went against.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    We aren't gonna win games with Marshall back there...that's just reality....he F'n sucks....plain and simple.....time to go hunting in free agency.....NOW!!!!

16. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    This is the 2nd straight game Marshall has blow a coverage. Against KC, a very average receiving core, he blew 6 coverages. He's had 7 the last 2 games. That's pathetic and awful.

Once again cut your ties. Give up a 5th-6th rounder and go get Darius Butler, who's just coming off injury and is also a free agent at the end of the year in Indy. We'll need the depth because all of our CBs have missed time due to injury except, you named it, Richard (Dick) Marshall.

17. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    All I can say is
    Someone understands how I see the game
    Thanks I saw and feel the same way