1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Study: Steroids Found in Suppliments

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LaDeezie21, Dec 5, 2007.

1. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82

Rest of Story

This is just for those people who were asking a few weeks ago if Shawne could "get back on the roids" in order to get his production up, as well as the rest of the doubters out there.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Shawne needs to get back on the roids.

3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    :no:

SAD...

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That's just what Shawne said last year. :icon_shrug: :yes:

5. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    yes but some still believe he was on roids and was lying. People don't believe that that actually could happen (tainted suppliments). I wont lie I even thought that so I was very pleased to read this article.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'd like a list of the brands that actually have the 'roids... I'm gonna get ripped this winter!!!! :lol:

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    If Shawne was going to cheat, he'd just use one of the performance enhancers that they don't have a reliable test for, like HGH. There is not test for it. Harrison was suspended for HGH use, because they could prove he bought it. But there's not test for it.

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    At least with this information out there all the "fans" hating on my boi are doing so with complete ignorance, now they know.

9. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288

ANYTHING from MuscleTech :yes:

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    This is a very interesting read and does lend some credence to anybody who has claimed "tainted suppliments" over the last several years. However, this really doesn't have any impact on how I feel about Shawne and his situation. We will NEVER know for sure whether he took something on accident or a'purpose. Now that there is some factual evidence that tainted suppliments are out there, his story is more believable. But other than the fact that he plays for San Diego I really have no reason to believe his word over anybody elses. The truth will never be known so it just doesn't matter.

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Do they have any drinks with alcohol in 'em? I wanna get ripped x 2!!! :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The only thing I really fault Merriman for is using a non-NFL approved supplement.

By doing such, you can't guarantee the purity of the supplement because the manufacturer hasn't been verified by the NFL to be free of such risks.

Any thoughts that Merriman's numbers were steroid-enhanced should have been nullified by his performance after he returned from his 4 game suspension, since any 'enhancement' would have surely worn off several months after the initial positive result. 8.5 sacks, 5 pass defenses, and 21 solo tackles (4 for losses) in the final 5 games of 2006.

Throw in the fact that he tested NEGATIVE all the times before and since his one single positive test at the beginning of last season.

This year, even though he's being used much more in coverage and less blitzing, he's still on pace for 12.5 sacks and 62 solo tackles, with about 6 tackles for loss so far.

In the 17 regular season games since his return from suspension (5 last year, 12 this year), and at least a dozen negative drug test results, Merriman has recorded 18 sacks, 68 solo tackles, 10 of them for losses, and 9 pass defenses.

Yeah, not 'roiding' (if he ever truly did) sure has slowed him down.....

13. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I played a double-header in softball monday night and I'm still hurting.

I'm going to start juicing. :yes: :guns:

14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :yes: :tup: I'm in my offseason for softball right now. But the winter Mt bike riding season is gonna be brutal. I'll need all the help I can get to be ready for spring ball :lol:

BTW - have you seen "Beer League"? If not, you better watch it this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    so, does Shawne ask for a public appology, especially from the dikks around the league, and get those 4 games back....

:icon_sad:

16. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Just from those (like Jason Taylor) who whined that he didn't deserve DPOY or Pro Bowl consideration last year.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'll have to check it out. Hard to believe we're still playing in Dec isn't it? The lady that runs the Alameda league isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. :no:

Oh well just another championship for my monday night team. :abq2: :icon_party:

18. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hey BDH have you heard of this legal supplement called HGH Infusion? They advertise the chit out of on local radio here. It's supposed to improve recovery time.

19. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    This is all true

But since I believe in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" I'm willing to give Shawne the benefit of the doubt.

I was when I only thought the concept was very rare, but plausible.

Now that a study shows it's actually a bit more common I'm definitely giving it to him.

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Kinda' depressing that we're now at that point in our lives where we need this kind of help to recover from a softball game!! :lol:

21. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    No shet. I am recovering from putting up x-mas lights and luging all that on the roof. Had one of those, "poping" sound from my back when I was carrying a load of stuff up the ladder.

Was a "Ahh fuk, that's gonna hurt for a few days" :lol:

22. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    has anyone started a thread on the Phins forum??? or ESPN??? would love to pile on....:lol:

where's Trumpy... :icon_rofl:

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Whats slowed merriman and the rest of the team this year was they got so much publicity after last year they kind of relaxed.

Now the monster is waking up. Who ever put down merriman and the chargers really messed up. They just woke up the monster.:yes:

24. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :lol:

Actually I have heard of it but IMO glucosamine works well enough I just haven't taken it lately.

Then again if I feel like hell tomorrow fuc it get the needle. :yes: :bolt:

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :lol: My x-mas light pains are coming this weekend. :tdown:

26. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I did it at an NFL general forum I posted at and got these responses. :rolleyes:

(That one was posted in sarcasm by a Chargers fan, but someone posted that he wanted to say the same but was being serious, so I posted it anyways)

27. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

28. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Being a big Charger fan, I was giving SM the benefit of the doubt saying that he could have taken a tainted supplement. My thinking was, SM is a smart guy, esp. for being 22 at the time. WHY would he risk his reputation and all those endorsements juicing up? I mean he didn't seem like Barroids and his blatant use of the juice (or clear, whatever) So I figured SM could be telling the truth and I believed him. This story gives his story credence and it's been known for years that supplement companies have thrown in a little, "sumpin, sumpin" to get that extra edge over their competitors. A story like this won't clear Shawne's name, but as least it gives his story some credibility now.

29. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Well to BDH's credit it was actually two softball games. :lol: