1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

stupid announcers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by exodus, Nov 6, 2006.

1. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    You guys prolly already talked about this, but I have to say. Those dumbasses in the booth yesterday were horrible. They kept calling Vincent Jackson Vincent Johnson. And then, when LT scored a td to go ahead they said it was our first lead of the game. I don't expect much from these losers, but they could at least look at the scoring of the freakin game they are calling.

And then, I only saw like 2 mins total coverage on ESPN and NFL net combined!

And now they can't even respect our comeback.

One other thing that was pizzing me off was when the chargers picked up a couple yards, they would always short it. Like, "It's 2nd and 5" when they picked up 6 or 7 yards. But for Cleveland, it'd be "wow, that's a nice 9 yard pick up" when it was only 8. You know, stupid stuff, but was frustrating to listen to them.

Yeah, just wanted to express my displeasure for the sloppy job these ***** are doing.:tdown:

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Lucky for us there was so much screaming, cursing and things being thrown at my place that we couldn't hear those assclowns.

Good thing my wife was at the 49ers game. :yes: :lol:

3. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I was at a bar full of friggin stealer fans. All day long I keep hearing chargers suck from them. Don't know why, since they all hung around to watch us beat to browns for them...

O, and check this out. Gil Brandt doesn't even bother to mention that the chargers even played a game yesterday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9781153

:icon_huh:

4. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    For what it's worth Salisbury put us in his top five teams in the NFL last night.

As for the rest of them they'll take notice after we win the next two in a row on the road. There's no way Marty let's this team drop another crapper like yesterday. I expect a top notch performance this week.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654

Fuc em.....Flat out fuc em. :icon_evil:

Let the disrespect continue which makes it even that much sweeter to run it up their collective assses when we run the table......:bolt:

6. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Exodus were you watching the game in the City? I heard there's a big Steelers bar over there. We almost went by there and tossed a few m-80's out the window after we beat them but we thought it thru and figured it probably wasn't a good idea. :no: :lol: :icon_party:

Fuc em is right. Fuc em all the way to Miami. :bolt:

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Gil Brandt is an idiot. :tdown:

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Yeah, I'm out here. I was at Pizza Orgasmica (don't ask) out in the avenues. We had a whole couch and everything to ourselves though.:yes:

I don't know about the steelers bar though. They got a huge bandwagon. They're everywhere.

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Yeah that's really lame...and was there even two minutes on the NFL gameday wrap-up? If there was I must have blinked and missed it.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Maybe we should start calling the announcer, Gus Johnson, Gus Jackson?

CBS flat out sucks.

11. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I was at a place with a bunch of Browns fans. One guy who was there by himself was pretty cool, but this table of six of them were obnoxious, and they didn't even show up until halftime (I heard them say that they decided to come ONLY because they were winning).

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I heard they kept calling my boy Coop Stef-fawn, too.

And we haven't even mentioned the fact that CBS should be embarrassed about their piss poor HD coverage.

13. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Back on subject the only thing I liked better about CBS than fox, was that they were very simple in their use of graphics and special effects and stuff last year as opposed to fox, which makes me feel like I am playing Madden with all their fancy effects, but this year CBS's effects are bigger and are in the way more, ruining the only thing CBS had going for it.

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey man we have not seen your *** at a tailgater in a while. You have a bottle of scotch coming from Bolttalk.com and where the hell are you these days ? :icon_shrug:

Oh and the banner rocks.... :tup:

15. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    CBS, in a move to improve credibility and to better represent there coverage, will drop the "C".

16. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    My wife works Saturday Nights. She doesn't get home until around 5am. We haven't even gotten into the parking lot before 12:30 this year...:no:

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Ahhh **** ..... Alright then

I just was starting to take it personal. :lol: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

Not really but you know. :icon_mrgreen:

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I think it was in the first half, when CBS put up their "Red Zone" graphic and it completely blocked one play.

Their announcers are second string. Same with their production, editing, replay, etc ..... If I had HD then I'd have that to biitch about too.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    We got cut off on our call yesterday from BFISA's phone right after the game. I am not sure if it was you or BFISA's POS phone. :icon_mrgreen:

I just wanted to let you know that you did not come close to getting me to hang up on your asss. :lol:

20. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

I told Toby when he called that I was in No Man's Land .... in between San Angelo and Eden, TX - fixin' to head into the Hill Country edges. All that's out there is scrub Mesquite and sheep, with just a couple cell towers. I crested a hill and started off the other side, and y'all were gone ..... Damn. I had a couple more blasts to get off my chest !!! :icon_eek: :lol:

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, thot I'd getta meet'cha this weekend :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_sad: :unsure:

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Unload it now, Bro!!:icon_mrgreen: :lol: :yes: :tup:

23. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    No **** I am pissed about the HD coverage. So far this year only two games have been in HD, and one was on ESPN. :icon_evil:

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You know normally I would say tough titties but since we have broken bread and wind it gets more "personal" :lol: :icon_toast:

25. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Feel free to let it out man, it wont bother me. :icon_wink: I just wish I lived in SD so I could see the games in LD. Then I wouldn't need to worry about HD on DirecTV. I will be back out there next year for a game or two. :icon_banana: :bolt: :icon_toast: