1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Suddenly Deep Receiving Corps Quiets Critics

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, May 31, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sdg.scout.com/2/758480.html

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I think Naanee is going to really surprise some opponents this year. DB's better bring it when they go to tackle this kid. Watch - he's gonna bowl some folks over on his way to scores.

3. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Our recieving corps is better than it has been in a long time but I think were a season away from bragging about its depth.

1 and 2
    Chambers - Good number one. Not quite an elite number one but very solid.

Jackson - A low end number one lining up as our number two. Fantastic starting depth.

Parker - IMO one of the better #3s in the NFL but was out for more than a year. I have high hopes but it's a wait and see on the injury and getting his game back.

Buster - The "P" word. Didn't do anything wrong last year but a wait and see.

4+
    Nanee, Floydd - Some amazing moments (esp. Floydd) but will have both Parker and Buster ahead of them. It will be interesting to see how they are used and how much they are used if both (EDIT: or one) our "#3s" are producing. Norv could get creative here. If they build on last years *moments* they could turn out to be amazing depth.

Osgood - As Pres Bush #1 said, "Na ga ha." (Not going to happen.) Run down the field, hit the shat out of someone, pick up your paycheck, go to the Pro Bowl and Shyaaaaadaaaaap!!!

Once again... not saying that our depth isn't very promising but *this* season is going to be a defining one for a group that has been in flux for many years... EDIT: especially now that Norv has had one year to establish his offense.

I'm optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321

:tup:

no team can cover them all... the league is just not deep enough... PR's just gotta find the open one... I smell the canon, fireworks in the air...:yes:

5. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I smell pressure on the O-Line to deliver the goods.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    QFT. Hardwick's health may play a large role in our level of success. PR is a stationary target - he's gotta get time to throw.

7. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    No kidding...

I can't be the only one who isn't impressed with the right side of the line, and I believe that Hardwick's foot injury is one that might be very difficult to fully recover from.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    You and me both. I think he started out as a QB in college. He could be an interesting player in the option package down in the red zone. He could also throw to LT on a reverse and vice versa. With the addition of Hester and Thomas to the roster, I personally am not sure whether Malcolm is worth more as depth at WR than Kassim is on Special Teams. We'll see in training camp. Floyd has caught my eye more than once. This IS probably his last chance.

The O Line should be OK as long as Hardwick gets healthy before or early in the season. I am steamed at the Docs.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    WHO?????? :icon_huh:

[​IMG]

10. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    MTL ranks the receivers

#1 Chambers
    #2 Naanee
    #3 Parker
    #4 Jackson
    #5 Davis
    #6 Floyd
    #7 Osgood

11. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    so for #2 your going with potential over proven ability?

VJ came on strong at the end of last year, having him any lower than #2 is just plain stu...

oh this is MTL's rankings...