1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday 12/20 Injury Updates Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by IFiredCHart, Dec 20, 2009.

1. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Cesaire, Phillips, Mruzkowski, and Jammer all went down, and this thread can contain any and all updates as they roll in...I am not happy with losing additional linemen, and god help us, we NEED Jammer. :no:

2. BajaBolt

BajaBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Jammer looked like he was going to be all right. Let's hope it's just a bruise.

3. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    I hope none of these are to serious.

4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I thought I saw Jammer back in the game so I assume he'll be all right by Thursday. We definitely need him to beat the quick, sure-handed Titans receivers.

Philips I never personally saw but he got out of there looking like he'll be ok. Again, containing the receiving corps was his job today and we'll need him to do that even better come Christmas.

I'm much more worried about losing Cesaire. One of the heroes of our goal line defense, he is an asset to the rush defense that we all know is going to be tested thoroughly by Johnson/White/Young. I hope he can come back healthy and ready to face that trio.

Losing a lineman and especially Mruc will be tough for the Chargers. Thankfully, Haynesworth will not be on the other side but it's not like his replacements are slouches at all. I thought Hardwick had just gotten healthy enough to play. What gives?

5. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Hardwick was given luxury time to heal because Mruz has been so solid...I sure hope he is OK :/

6. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    MRUZK is now ruled out. Kevin Accee said Mruzk heard a pop when he went down, and Kevin is reporting Hardwick will probably start on friday at Tennessee, despite not being 100%.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Can you believe Castillo is our only original 1st string D-linemen thats not hurt?

8. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Damn, I thought MRUZK was playing better than Hardwick on this win streak. Correct me if I'm wrong. Who do we have if neither one can go? I thought I saw Phillips in the game again.

9. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Dennis Norman #64 finished today's game at center. He is a nine year vet at center and guard. If Hardwick is not 100% back I would prefer to start Norman and give Hardwick a chance to be healthy for the playoffs...because, we're going!!!!!

10. Scott the Rock

Ratings:
    +130
    Call me an idiot but what are we playing for now?

11. Scott the Rock

Ratings:
    +130
    Superbowl

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Agree with you on that man. Norman is a vet and will do fine. Just needs to shake off the rust and he'll be o.k. Just pissed cuz Mrckrowski was doing a great job.

13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I don't think we actually clinched the #2 seed, just currently have the edge for it now after beating the bengals.

We just have clinched a playoff berth with that Miami loss before the game, and clinched the division with our win and the Denver loss to Oakland.

Hey, where are all those Denver fans talking trash on our board??? Haven't heard from them since week 6 :icon_rofl:

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Injury Update
    12 21 2009

With Scott Mruczkowski (ankle) out this week and perhaps for the season, Nick Hardwick's comeback try loom large. Dennis Norman is another option. The Jaguars castoff has practiced with the Bolts since September. The former Princeton star has made 24 career starts.

C Nick Hardwick, wearing a brace on his left ankle, practiced today for the first time in three weeks. He hasn't played since the season opener.

Shaun Phillips, the team's sack leader, has turned the corner with an ankle injury that has nagged him for two months. Phillips said he's not wearing a walking boot today for the first time in the last six Mondays. "Now, I'm walking around with no pain. I'm starting to get back healthy again."

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    this isn't terrible..

:tup:

16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Injury update

Center Scott Mruczkowski[​IMG] underwent tests on his ankle Monday and while this extent of the injury suffered to his ankle late in Sunday’s game is still uncertain, Turner ruled Mooch out for Friday’s game in Nashville.

Defensive end Jacques Cesaire[​IMG] left Sunday’s game with an elbow injury but Turner believes Cesaire has a chance to play. Linebackers Shaun Phillips[​IMG] and Shawne Merriman[​IMG] were sore Monday but are also expected to play.

Center of attention

With Mruczkowski out, Nick Hardwick[​IMG] could make his return to the lineup. Hardwick practiced Monday and will see how his surgically-repaired ankle responds Tuesday. Veteran Dennis Norman[​IMG], who took the last two snaps Sunday, will start if Hardwick is unable to go.

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We've been plugging holes all season and it would appear we have what we need for this next game. Maybe not the best we could put on the field for Friday, but the Chargers have been playing team ball. If Norman has to play, then he'll get the boost he needs to do a good job from the team around him. Keith Bulluck and David Thornton are out for the Titans. Makes them very short at line backer.

18. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Keep Hardwick on the bench and start Norman.