1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday NFL Countdown - Best Team in the AFC

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bucnasty, Oct 1, 2006.

1. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Anyone see Ditka this morning? He told Irvin to shut up and said "the best team in the AFC is - the San Diego Super Chargers"

YEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

2. SD2SB2SD

SD2SB2SD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Too bad we made him look like an idiot today.

3. freak6

freak6 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah pretty much, anyone saying that a team that got to play 6 pre-season games, get a week off, and still perform so poorly on offense is not the best team in the AFC, or the division.

Did you all see the Broncos travel east and beat the Patriots, that is what veteran teams do.

4. Katrina

Katrina BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Ditka don't lie - even the best teams lose one now and then.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I think Ditka was the only one yesterday of all the guys predicting the outcome (ESPN, CBS, FOX, NFL Network) that said outright that the Chargers would win.

Marshall Faulk said he favored Shawne in the Merriman vs. Lewis matchup, but didn't say the Bolts would win.

6. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    Hey Troll, We were the first team to go into Gillete and pound that Patriots team in many years. Your Broncos are very close to a QB controversy meltdown. I would keep to your own boards. You will find no love here.

• Like Like x 3
  7. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Tell me, when was the last time the Broncos beat the Colts in a real game? Not that end of the season one where you got to beat up their scrubs for 3 quarters.

8. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Whatever, it was a tough loss. It may be indicative of deeper problems, but hopefully the team learns from it. I prefer to take heart with comments like this from Peter King:

6. San Diego (2-1). Philip Rivers had a rough day, but so did McNair.
    I wouldn't be too concerned about losing a nailbiter to the Ravens in
    Baltimore.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/29/mmqb/1.html

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    ditkas seemed to favor us the last few years actually, hes the man. wonder why none of you arent calling for him to lead this team in 07

10. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    We are still wary of his Anti-AJ style trade, where he gave up an entire year's worth of picks to get New Orleans to draft Ricky Williams.

While Ditka would only be the coach this time, it's still in people's minds whenever his name is brought up.