1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Stud...Vote For LT!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mapcap55, Oct 30, 2006.

1. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
  2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'll vote LT due to his great game and my loyalty.... BUT... I don't see how Manning doesn't walk away with it this week... :icon_shrug:

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Everyone is forgetting one thing. The o-line. The chargers o-line finally played with some attitude yesterday. No more mr. nice guys. They finally got tough and started moving people.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, I did my homer vote for LT, but really, Peyton deserves it this week.

345 passing yards,3 TDs, 0 INT, and 80% completion versus the Donks in Mile High? That wins "Sunday Stud" nearly all the time.

5. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Peyton will win, and prolly should, but LT still needs to beat Johnson!

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yes, Peyton was incredible yesterday. He deserves to win. But LT outplayed LJ and he deserves to be 2nd on the list.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :icon_rofl:

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    LT was better than LJ yesterday. Not saying LJ didn't have a great game, but LT was better.

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    LaDainian Tomlinson
    ATT YDS AVG TD
    25 183 7.3 2
    REC YDS AVG TD
    3 57 19.0 1

TOTAL YARDS = 240 TOTAL TD = 3

Larry Johnson
    ATT YDS AVG TD
    39 155 4.0 3
    REC YDS AVG TD
    2 26 13.0 1

TOTAL YARDS = 181 TOTAL TD = 4

Tomlinson +59 yards, Johnson +1 TD

Both had great games, Tomlinson was better IMO

10. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I voted for Michael Vick. Great game and he is finally turning into a quarterback who can run. Not a running back who can throw anymore. Good things are going to happen for atlanta in the near future and it's not a good time to hop on the Matt Schaub bandwagon.

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    LJ is a good back, but compared to LT, the guy can't hold LT's jock. LJ had the advantage last year of runnig behind one of the best lines in the league last year. At the start of this year LJ couldn't do anything. The only reason he's getting better numbers now is that his line is starting to gel.

LJ is a good back, but not as good as LT. LT is the most complete back in the NFL, period. He pass blocks better than LJ, he's a better receiver than LJ, and he's a shiftier runner than LJ. LJ is a great a running down hill. A big body with speed. But if there is no hole to hit, he doesn't have the ablity to make someone miss or stiff arm his way through tackles like LT does.

LT can hit the hole as fast as anyone, but when no hole opens up, LT often makes something out of nothing.

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Michael Vick = Great athlete, but exetremely overrated football player.

13. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    I would have agreed with you two weeks ago. The past two weeks he has looked unstoppable. The problem with him has been decision making and accuracy. He has one of the strongest if not the strongest arm in the NFL and he is finally staying in and around the pocket as much as possible and going through his progressions. We will see if he can keep this up for the rest of the season..

14. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Two games doesnt make him suddenly a great QB. And he is making his biggest throws while rolling out of the pocket or scrambling out of the pocket. He has sucked trying to be a pocket passer which is why he is moving around lately.

15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That realy is the question, can he keep this up for the rest of the season. Two weeks doesn't have me convinced yet, but if he can become a pocket passer and combine that with his atheletic abilities to escape when he really needs to, watch out. I just don't think he can do it overnight like this. This is playing a style he's not used to. I think he will make mistakes. Guess we'll have to see how he does the rest of the season.

His hype has been so huge, that even if he becomes the second coming of Dan Marino, but a Dan Marino that's mobile and can run, he'll still not live up to all the hype surrounding this guy. Don't think we'll ever compare his accuracy to Marino's though, so even if he does play well, Vick is still overrated in my book. No player can reach the level of hype that has followed his entire career.