1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Ticket Info

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Jun 23, 2010.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    For those that are not aware, Superfan is now included with ST. Currectly it is running 6 payment for $49.99 or a one time payment of $300. BUT.....they now offer To-Go where you can watch it in your phone and that is 5 payment of $9.99 and you get signed up for that automatically if you had superfan last year because that is replacing superfan.

Ok everyone here we go. I called to have the auto sign up for ST To-Go and they took it off. Then without even asking he offered me an additional $120 off the ST price of $300 and called it something like a ST retention discount (supposedly because I have been a long time good standing cust). So I am getting ST with SF for $180. These folks are crazy but awesome. I did tell him that I really don't use Direct TV and that I only have it for the football package. So maybe they want to hold onto my service by offering the discount.

Good luck everyone. I know it was a feeding frenzy last year for folks trying to get the money off of service.

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    For those who don't really care about full length "other" games, the Red Zone channel kicks ***. It's only a few bucks a month, and it's like having a dude with a remote just keep switching you to whatever game has something cool going on.

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Just to clarify...

There are two versions of the "Red Zone" channel.

One, "The Red Zone Channel", is packaged with NFL Sunday Ticket, which is only available on DirecTV. You cannot get this channel by itself. You must spring for the entire Sunday Ticket package to get it. There was some speculation that DirecTV might just offer their "Red Zone Channel" by itself. So far, this hasn't happened.

The other is "NFL Red Zone", which is a spinoff of the NFL Network. For those that receive the NFL Network (Time Warner Cable STILL doesn't carry it), this channel is available for an extra fee. DirecTV does not carry "NFL Red Zone" as it would compete against it's own version of this channel.

I have DirecTV and used to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket. I loved their "Red Zone Channel". But when Mrs. CBF lost her job last year, I dropped it to save some money. I'm at all Charger home games anyway so I really wasn't able to enjoy it, except on away games or bye weeks.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Since I am moving out of SD, and will be dropping my season tickets, I will have to get ST to watch the Charger games. But for me, spending $300 a year on ST is cheap compared to the $2000 I was spending on Season tickets for the wife and I

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    They are running a few specials (as always) and the one I wish they would just do it across the board is they are offering free HD for life ($10/month savings). I asked the guy if they ever intend on expanding that to everyone since most cable companies don't charge for HD and he said that he believes that eventually they will offer free HD.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    It is funny to me that the cable companies say they offer free HD, when in fact, the HD cable box is more expensive than the standard cable box, so it really isn't free.

Unfortunately, the apartment I am moving into for the next 5-6 months while my house i built, has a contract through QWest, and all DTV service has to be ordered through Qwest, I am not able to go directly to DTV. This means, I do not have access to all the same specials as if I was going directly through DTV. Oh well, it will only cost about $20/mo extra overall, and my housing cost will be dropping by about $1000/mo

7. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

Dude, from your posts I thought your were no more than 14 years old. :icon_rofl:

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Nope, I am 30

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Damn, kids! :icon_tease:

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I wish I was still a kid. Responsibilities suck :tdown:

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yes, thanks for clarifying. I go to the local sports bar for Charger games (if I don't drive down) and watch NFL Red Zone at the house.