1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl Ticket Prices - Would You Pay To See the Chargers Live?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by dizzle498, Jan 25, 2011.

1. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings:
    +10
    If the Chargers were in the Super Bowl, would you pay this much to be there live? I know I would. I went to a World Series game for the Angels in 2002, I paid WAY to much for the tickets, but now I am glad I did, cause they may never get back.

Personally, I wouldn't go cheap, I would get the second level tickets so I had a good view and would have better memories.

Courtesy of our sponsor

Upper Reserved – 385 sets of tickets for sale starting at $2,818
    Lower Reserved and Loge – 115 sets of tickets for sale starting at $3,163
    Mezzanine and Mezzanine Club – 147 sets of tickets for sale starting at $3,600
    Main and Main Club – 233 sets of tickets for sale starting at $3,248
    Hall of Fame and Hall of Fame Club – 186 sets of tickets for sale starting at $3,840
    Founders Club – 10 sets of tickets for sale starting at $9,775

How Much Are Tickets for the 2011 Super Bowl XVL? Steelers vs Packers | SeatHound.com Ticket/News Blog

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    is it possible to "go cheap" for Super Bowl tickets? It costs couple hundred bucks just to stand in the parking lot. :lol:

3. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    I'm actually going to be at the Superbowl! (Up near the very top of course)
    Of course, I had originally hoped I'd get to see my Bolts there, but hell, just being able to go to a Superbowl makes me happy....even though my wallet has been crying for months.

4. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Yes, i would. I mean i wouldnt be paying the 9k for amazing seats, but i could see myself paying 3k for decent seats. I mean to be able to be there when the chargers won their first super bowl would be completely worth

5. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    I would definately fork out 3k should we ever make the Superbowl, even if it meant holding up the local convenience store, Id get the money somehow.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I would love to party in the host city for a week, but there is no way in hell I would pay that much to see any football game. For $2-3k, I can pay for my hotel and partying

7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Some people live their whole lives without their team going to the Super Bowl. Ask the old Lion fans. So YES!

8. BrecksOnlyBoltzFan

BrecksOnlyBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    For the cheapest ticket. You can get a great TV and still have cash left over. No way I would pay for a ticket.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    people who go dont pay for the ticket, they pay for the experince. Just like people who go to a concert. They will get better sound quality with a DVD at home, sans the screaming fans, but they go for the experience.

If they have that disposable cash, god blessum... I dont.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I would pay whatever I had to to go if the Bolts were playing. Absolutely.

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    i agree that you go for the experience, which is why I'd get the cheapest ticket available if I did go.

12. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    On Scott and BR this morning they said there were two tickets (50 yardline) on Stub Hub selling for $22,500 each!! That's some crazy money unless you have some seriuos disposable income.

13. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    The two lots closest to Cowboys Stadium are now charging $990 per parking spot.

14. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    I'm so glad I won't have to park. One of my friends lives out there. It's a bout a 10 minute walk from his apartment to the stadium. So I'm gonna crash with him a few days before, and then we're gonna hit it up.

And yeah, I'm paying for the experience! It better be a damn good game. The experience will be great, but if the game is a drag, my wallet will hate me even more.

15. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    In my opinion, anyone who would pay more than a couple of hundred dollars for a ticket to any football game is out of their minds! $10k for a superbowl ticket? That's a semister of college for your child.

16. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    yeah, you better keep that kid in school another semister instead...
    sorry, offseason shot.
    i'd do a lot to attend if the bolt was in it, not say'in anything, but a lot.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    As diehard of a fan I am I can think of a lot of better things I can do with 10,000 dollars than spend it on attending one football game.

I'd maybe consider it if attending the game was the only way I can see it, but since it is not I'd be perfectly content going to a Super Bowl party and watching it on a big screen even if it's the Chargers in it.

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,414
    Of course, if I won the lottery and 10K was chump change to me it'd be a different story. But so long as spending that amount of money at once would put a sizeable dent in my bank account I'd never do it.

19. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I was in Pittsburgh when we won that game, so yes if I had it I would pay to see the SAN DIEGO Chargers win it!

20. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That is why I don't go to concerts very often either. I don't think I have ever paid more than $40 for a concert. I am cool with paying a couple hundred for the experience. No chance in hell I would pay a couple grand.

If I had crazy money, sure. But I make about $50k, I don't have the cash to dump on one 3.5 hour football game

21. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Crowds, traffic, drunkards, $20 beer... They would have to pay me $3000 to go.

22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I dont think much of the NFL, beyond team logo items is meant for the average joe...

23. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    sounds like a great party, lets get this party started.

24. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    I was in Miami, but got them as a season ticket holder in the lottery so didn't pay crazy money. The experience was great but the game was, well...

Getting there was an experience as that was when we had 1 week between the AFC Champ and the SB.
    Lived in the bay area at the time and had to pick them up in person.
    Had a deal with a buddy(9er fan) that if I got tickets, he would get us there.
    Best phone message I ever left.

"Mike, Miami." <click>

Wed: Got the letter.
    Thurs: Flew from SF to SD to pick up tickets and then flew back to SF.
    Fri: Redeye SF to ATL ( couldn't get a flight to Mia from SF that wasn't 1st class)
    Sat: Drove from ATL to MIA.
    Sunday: Game Day.
    Mon: Drove from MIA to ATL and flew home.

25. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I was involved with a rich babe that said she'd take me to the Super Bowl last year (2009-10) if the Chargers were in it. We even reserved a yacht that would be decked out in bolts, but alas the Rex Ryan and the Jets shut that dream down. I was fully willing to go, but she was going to pay. If I had a few thousand to spend or an opportunity like that ever presented itself again, I'd go without a moment's thought.