1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Super Fun Injury Updates!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Hang on to your hats folks, it's about to get interesting...

MartyCaswell: At least 5 Chargers starters not practicing today- Malcom Floyd, King Dunlap, Shareece Wright, Chad Rinehart, Jeromey Clary (about 3 hours ago from UberSocial for BlackBerry)

MartyCaswell: Make that 6. No sign of Nick Hardwick either. What the heck is going on with the Chargers Oline... (about 3 hours ago from UberSocial for BlackBerry)

MartyCaswell: It certainly appears the Chargers will have both starting ILB's for the 1st time Sun. Te'o says he expects to start...is full go (about 1 hour ago from UberSocial for BlackBerry)

MartyCaswell: Jeromey Clary says he suffered clavicle injury early versus TN but played through it best he could. Says doesn't think it's season ending (36 minutes ago from UberSocial for BlackBerry)

MartyCaswell: D.J. Fluker, who suffered a concussion last week when he collided w/Jeromey Clary in practice, was cleared today & says he feels "great." (21 minutes ago from UberSocial for BlackBerry)

MartyCaswell: Chargers literally had no Olinemen left Sun. Rivers joked (I think) that TE John Phillips or DT Kwame Geathers was next man up. Seriously (3 minutes ago from TweetDeck)

2. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Ay YO Sydalish (PR17 hurt too) ?? (Pointing fun)

3. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :eek: quiet you!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Thursday will be critical but it's nice to see that Fluker, te'o and butler will be out there. Dunlap is the one I'm really concerned about. Clary, I say we hold him out just to be safe and put in Troutman (snicker)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,179
    Oh no, not Clary! He was on my fantasy O-line squad as team captain...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100
    But if Clary doesn't play who is going to fall down everytime they pull?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Any way we can borrow some guys from somewhere? SDSU maybe, or one of the local high schools? It hasn't gotten quite that bad yet, but we're close :eek:

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Glad Steve Schilling was brought back, I'm telling you he is suited to play as a LT/LG, he played well there his rookie year.

Mike Harris, Rich Ohrenberger, Nick Hardwick, Jeromey Clary, and DJ Fluker could be the line for Sunday. God I hope he motion Phillips wherever DeMarcus Ware is.

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,179
    ^^^ With those five holding down that line, we really don't need anyone else...

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,631
    LOL's @ the thread title, nice work Sara :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,703
    sdutPosner: As @UTkrasovic notes, no practice all week for Clary, Rinehart & Dunlap. That's 60% of Chargers OL, and not like it was a great line anyway. (2 minutes ago from web)

UTkrasovic: Absent today are King Dunlap and Chad Rinehart. Neither were at a practice this week. #Chargers (18 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

UTkrasovic: Also not practicing today or this week is CB Shareece Wright (hamstring). #Chargers (20 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

UTkrasovic: Jeromey Clary isn't practicing. An 0-for-3 week for him. #Chargers (23 minutes ago from Twitter for iPhone)

UTkrasovic: @Chargersmoose rinehart hasn't practice this week. doubt he plays. RO was in for him last Sunday. Expect he'd go vs. Boys. (about 17 hours ago from web in reply to Chargersmoose)

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    So now we won't have Dunlap, Rhinehart, Clary and Wright again

So our starting CBs will be Cox and Patrick (oh brother)
    and our starting OL should be Harris-Ohrnberger-Hardwick-Troutman-Fluker
    Sigh............

13. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Damn! Y'all know my policy: I won't watch unless Clary plays!!!

clary.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,512
    Good thing, the Cowboys don't lead the league in sacks this year......... Oh, wait. :oops:

15. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +509
    If ever there were a quarterback as inconsistent as Rivers, it would be Romo.
    So, yes...I'm saying there's a chance.

16. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Sucks that we aren't at full strength, but oh well. It is what it is. Bolt up!

17. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +318
    If Dunlap keeps resting 'til Sunday, maybe he can go...if not start, then be available in the 4th quarter for a game winning drive. :)

18. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +509
    There it is again. This phrase has it out for me...

19. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Excited to see what Johnnie Troutman could do. I really hope he plays at RG, alongside DJ Fluker because he is clearly a mauler in the run game. I also hope he out plays Jeromey Clary to the point that Clary doesn't win his spot back, but against this Cowboys front 7, I don't know.

I know Rich Ohrenberger will start at LG, but I think it should be Steve Schilling. This is also why I am not a coach, but I just feel like Schilling is the better pass protector. I'm surprised we didn't try to give him reps at LT.

Also Richard Marshall expected to start in Shareece Wright's place and not Johnny Patrick. I still hope Brandon Taylor is active for this game, that way Marcus Gilchrist can move to the nickel.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Official inactives...

eric_d_williams: #Chargers inactives: Brad Sorenson, Brandon Taylor, Shareece Wright, Jeromey Clary, King Dunlap, Chad Rinehart and Malcolm Floyd.

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    I am a Floyd fan, but I am not sure how long the Chargers can keep relying on him as they do with his history of injuries. Though to be clear, he could not have avoided any of them, especially the last one.

22. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    wheres manti teo

23. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +325
    I had a similar thought pre-game but ironically, the Bolts ran to the left all day.... and had success... go figure.

24. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,703
    He was active but wasn't in the game a ton - mostly just on base packages (which makes sense considering how much time he missed) he'll be in the mix more as the weeks progress I bet.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bummed about Freeney :( such a freak accident too. I hope he comes back next year b/c the dude can play and I'd LOVE to see him, Melvin, T'eo and Butler all on the field together.

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    TT go find us some LBs...