1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Surprise Cuts !!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is for surprise cuts and oh my god cuts and just plain old he got cut and can maybe help us.....Let me start with Charles Rodgers...the number 2 pick 3 years ago.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

LIONS RELEASE ROGERS

The Detroit Lions have parted ways with receiver Charles Rogers, the No. 2 overall pick in the 2003 draft.

Rogers missed most of his first two seasons due to broken collar bones, and was ineffective in 2004, during which he was suspended four games for violation of the league's substance abuse policy. After the suspension, the team filed a grievance against Rogers for recovery of bonus money. The grievance is still pending.

Prior to the 2003 draft, there were reports that Rogers had generated a positive drug test due to a diluted urine sample. The news didn't deter the Lions and team president Matt Millen.

Other cuts include veteran running back Artose Pinner, linebacker James Davis, and rookie sixth-round CB Dee McCann.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    SATURDAY MORNING ONE-LINERS

The Pats have gotten to the 53-man limit by cuting LB Chad Brown and LB Monty Beisel, among others.

The Texans have dumped RB Antowain Smith and LB Sam Cowart; RB Domanick Davis is expected to be placed on IR.

The Texans will go with two quarterbacks on their 53-man roster -- David Carr and Sage Rosenfels.

The Cowboys' final cuts will include WR Terrance Copper (or, if you're Mike Tirico, Terrance Cooper).

The first wave of the Ravens' final cuts includes P Leo Araguz, K Aaron Elling, and LB Roderick Green.

The Bears have cut to 64.

Rookie Devin Hester has won the punt return job in Chicago.

RB Lee Suggs and WR Frisman Jackson are expected to be cut by the Browns.

Asked whether he is focused on landing with another team, Suggs said, "Yeah, I mean . . . yeah." (If football doesn't work out, Suggs has a future in speechwriting.)

The Broncos have told nine players that they'll be cut on Friday, including OL Dwayne Carswell, QB Bradlee Van Pelt, and P Micah Knorr.

Lions WR Charles Rogers is no longer predicting that he'll make the 53-man roster.

The Packers have promoted WR Greg Jennings over WR Robert Ferguson.

Packers G.M. Ted Thompson likely will be picking through other teams' trash bins.

The Chiefs had wanted to make their final cuts on Friday, but have decided to push it to Saturday.

DT Kevin Vickerson is on the bubble in Miami; ditto for WR Kelly Campbell.

The Fins will be checking the cut list for running backs.

Vikings QB Mike McMahon knows that his days in Minnesota are done.

Giants RB Brandon Jacobs will be the primary backup to Tiki Barber.

The Raiders traded DE Bobby Hamilton to the Jets for an undisclosed draft pick.

The Eagles are expected to cut either WR Jabar Gaffney or WR Darnerian McCants.

The Rams cut 13 players on Friday.

WR David Boston is on the bubble in Tampa.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Was Rogers a Leisure lock?

Lions | Rogers released
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 08:51:09 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Detroit Lions released WR Charles Rogers Saturday, Sept. 2.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

4. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Not only a job but he received an extension.:icon_huh:

5. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    :lol:

Just checking.:icon_rofl:

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    leisure is lying again.....:icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    No, his boy in detroit is the Yugo. Wonder if he will do anything this year.

It is amazing that Millen is still the GM. That team is a joke.

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Rodgers had "bling" written all over his *** so it just stands to reason leisure was slobbering all over his man muscle. :lol:

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Lions | K. Butler released from team
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:20:14 -0700

DetroitLions.com reports Detroit Lions OT Kelly Butler has been released from the team.

Lions | Stickdorn released from team
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:40:25 -0700

DetroitLions.com reports Detroit Lions OT Clint Stickdorn has been released from the team.

Jaguars | Hunter on the bubble
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 07:12:25 -0700

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars OT Wayne Hunter could be released by the team Saturday, Sept. 2.

Ravens | Droege released
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 05:42:55 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Baltimore Ravens released OT Rob Droege Friday, Sept. 1.

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Wow, sort of sucks not to have Reggie Bush now doesn't it?

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I agree except for #3. You are full of **** on this one. :yes:

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yup.

Being a "big tome" WR in college means dick in the NFL.

80% of those guys took advantage of the inherent college mismatches between a WR and DB that are present at 90% of the schools.

No such luck in the NFL where the DBs are often as good as the WR. Thus, most of the time, they suck when reaching the next level.

DBs in the NFL *LOVE* to lay the wood on a WR. I don't see too much of that in college.

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Raiders | J. George could be cut and then possibly re-signed
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 06:47:00 -0700

John Clayton, of ESPN, reports the Oakland Raiders could cut QB Jeff George and then possibly re-sign after Week 1 when his salary would not be guaranteed for the whole season. The team sees that George still has a very strong arm.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    "Hanestly" he makes no sense. :lol:

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Rogers wasnt a surprise, i had eluded to that for two weeks on the podcast

Kelly butler was a surprise; might be worth a look

The Pats cut BOTH their starting MLBs last year which was astonishing. But I guess they're happy with the old man express (Bruschi and Seau).

and yeah the Ford Family is a joke but Rogers was a pickup in the draft I woulda jumped on in a second and I was also clamoring for BMW. So I can't fault them for that. Ruining ford and running sanders outta town Ican blame em for

16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    When were the Lions ever great?

I mean, this side of WWII. The Fords weren't the first owners to screw up that franchise.

17. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    They were interesting for awhile with the Sanders era, but really they seem like a franchise that has been stuck in the Chargers / Beathard era for about 30 50 years...

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

Yes and i love how Marshal Faulk ALWAYS brings that up on the NFL Network and displays his disbelief over the Texans decision not to draft him over Williams.

19. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Since Wayne Hunter was the OT you wanted the most for us....you arent suprised he could and most likely will be cut?:lol:

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    and if you thought the pressure on Mario was bad enough, its really really unfair and ridiculous what they'/re expecting him to do; be Julius Peppers, Reggie White and Shawne Merriman combined and get like 6 sacks a game

21. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, I noticed that.

Well, the Texans are looking more and more like they made a $6 million mistake by not giving Reggie what he wanted back in April, since they are now without their #1 and #2 RB from last season.

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Pffft Anteater is as bad as underoath sometimes .... :yes:

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The Texans are MORONS for that move ........

24. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    He really only needs to get one a game and he'll be DROY and squelch all the doubters (like me). :D

25. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Caserly ive always said was a bad GM. I think Carr sucks too.

I do like Vernand Morency as a RB but Kubiak might be starting the rookie Wally Lundy at RB ...which i dont expect to last very long.

btw...i agree with Faulk which is why i think it is great that he rubs it in.:tup: