1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Swagger

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4817598

Swagger found only in one locker room

By Mark Kiszla
    Denver Post Staff Columnist
    DenverPost.com
    Article Last Updated:12/10/2006 11:54:50 PM MST

San Diego - To the victor not only goes the spoils and the AFC West championship, but the right to talk smack.

San Diego pummeled the Broncos 48-20. But the Chargers did not stop there. The winners rubbed what they regard as physical and moral superiority in the dejected faces of Denver.

Where do we start with the smack talk? Forget decorum. Let's begin with San Diego defensive lineman Igor Olshansky, who not only called Denver a bunch of wussies before this showdown, but lived to grin about it.

"I didn't go shake their hands, and I'm not going to," Olshansky said Sunday.

Anybody who thinks the most-hated rivals of Denver are the Oakland Raiders did not see Broncos defensive lineman Gerard Warren spit an angry stream of tobacco juice as he contemplated being swept in the season series by San Diego for the first time since 1982.

Looking for the baddest, cockiest team in the division? It's not the Kansas City Chiefs. No way. The Broncos have lost their swagger. San Diego stole it.

The Chargers walk the talk, and are not bashful about saying who's best in the West.

With confidence so unaffected it's hard to call him arrogant, San Diego's Shawne Merriman, who figures to play like "Saw" in the nightmares of rookie Denver quarterback Jay Cutler for weeks, wants to be more than the scariest defender working in the NFL. Merriman intends to go down in history as more frightening than Dick Butkus.

"I want to be known as the greatest who ever done it, and I'm going to keep working until it's officially said," vowed Merriman, who abused Cutler like a rented donkey, recording two sacks and forcing two fumbles.

In at least one corner of the victorious locker room, San Diego thought the Broncos had this Shamu-size whipping coming to them.

Olshansky, as pleasant and unthreatening as a 6-foot-6, 309-pound fellow can be when he's out of uniform, had been itching to get back on the field with Denver since a nasty, on-field confrontation in Colorado last month.

During the waning moments of that defeat, as then-quarterback Jake Plummer spiked the football to stop the clock, Broncos center Tom Nalen threw a block in the direction of the knees of Olshansky, who responded violently, with a punch. The NFL fined both combatants.

Nalen "waited for me to turn my head, as he shuffled, and then went for my bad knee," said Olshansky, explaining why he holds a grudge. "Because he had so much malice in his heart, he specifically went across to hurt my leg. In this business, there's no room for that."

Is Nalen a bad guy? He's a doting father and a loyal teammate. His policy of steadfastly refusing to speak for the record with the media, however, leaves Nalen defenseless when Olshansky attacks the character of Denver's veteran center........CLICK ON LINK FOR MORE

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    hey trumpy, I didn't want to start another thread, but ant and you are now famous :tup: you were all over fox news last night, you playing taps next to that donkey fan and ant talking trash to the donkey girl

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2006/12/10/cutlers-second-take-at-215-pm/

Take a moment to feel the Broncos PAIN :lol:

118 Comments »
    Denver’s defense can’t stop a thing that the Chargers are doing. Time to pack it up and get ready for next year. I think it is time for Coyer to find another job. We need somebody who can put together defensive schemes that work in the regular season (not just the first couple games).

Comment by ds — December 10, 2006 @ 3:06 pm

Don’t just blame the defense. The offense is sorry as well. Plummer wasn’t the problem. Cutler is just as inept behind that line with the lack of talent they have.

Comment by Neal — December 10, 2006 @ 3:37 pm

Wow, we need some beef up front on defense. The Chargers O-line is beating us down.

Ouch, they just threw one up to Gates. 28-3.

We’ve been on Gates both TD’s but he’s too strong. I don’t think we have many guys who fight for balls like that.

Well, I was expecting a loss, but this is embarassing. Another great return by our special teams.

I think we may be seeing our Broncos giving up a bit. Just can’t stop the avalanche…

Comment by Greg — December 10, 2006 @ 3:40 pm

Its not too late, put back in Plummer for the final 3 games, 9-6 is attainable. Then hand the reigns to Cutler next year. If there is anything left in this season it is not in Cutlers hands.

Comment by orangecrush — December 10, 2006 @ 3:43 pm

The team has lost faith in the planners/coaches. This is not the Broncos team of even two weeks ago…

Comment by orangecrush — December 10, 2006 @ 3:44 pm

lts half time at Qualcomm and from 6000 miles and 8 time zones l can hear the fat lady singing,stick a fork in this pig the seasons over.Dec 31 to Sept 2007 is a long long time.Time to regroup and get down to some serious training.

Comment by David Blank — December 10, 2006 @ 3:45 pm

The manhandling of the sissy broncos has begun in earnest. Is this depressing season over yet…

Comment by mb — December 10, 2006 @ 3:46 pm

This is just an old fashioned *ss beating.

With the terrible offensive line, and the defense’s inability to stop anyone that can throw to the TE or away from Champ Bailey, they should ahve jsut let Plummer finish the year and take the balme.

Cutler would have then had a year under his belt on the pine to develop properly and be starting with a clean slate.

As it stands, this may ruin him.

Comment by Andy — December 10, 2006 @ 3:48 pm

I JUST SHUT OFF THE TV!!!!! I’VE SEEN ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Comment by kevin — December 10, 2006 @ 3:49 pm

Oh My God!!! The defense is getting exposed again! Is it in the rocky mountain water that defensive backs can’t cover?!? I mean how many defensive coordinators and db’s have come and gone & the same result continues to occur…ball goes up, denver defender either off the receiver or falling down when the ball arrives. A couple of 1st half comments:

D. Williams can’t cover and D. Foxworth can’t tackle. Special teams is an absolute joke from our punter to our kick coverage. Rod Smith looks way slow and the team looks anemic out there. This is too difficult to watch!

With Carson Palmer waiting in the wings…it’s going to get even worse than better. Will the Broncos win another game?????

Comment by SoTXBroncoFan — December 10, 2006 @ 3:58 pm

Broncos STINK! its obvious that they aren’t going to get better under Shanahans coaching, Bowlen wake up you need a coaching change the weasel can’t get the job done. Total rebuilding job needed. Shanahans draft choices are awful! he needs to get big corners instead of midgets, williams couldn’t defend against a one arm blind man. This team is the worst team since the 60’s. They are disgusting to watch. Get rid of shanahan and his lousy coaching staff!

Comment by lv john — December 10, 2006 @ 3:58 pm

Time to question the coaching leadership of Shanahan. The game as passed him by.

Comment by tugboat — December 10, 2006 @ 4:02 pm

Whoa, wait one second. Suddenly they are looking golden!

Comment by orangecrush — December 10, 2006 @ 4:28 pm

Well, looks like Shanny is finally going to open up the offense in the second half. Maybe we just might have a chance to win this game behind the ARM of Cutler…

Comment by Bob — December 10, 2006 @ 4:30 pm

There’s some fight in that team… one thing you gotta give Cutler… that arm is scary.

I’m impressed with the effort, we’ll see what happens.

Comment by Greg — December 10, 2006 @ 4:33 pm

man, my sister kicked me out of the t.v. room i left the game while it was 20-28 whats happened while i was gone

Comment by Jonathan Salas — December 10, 2006 @ 4:49 pm

Time for a coaching change and put Plummer back in.

Comment by Doug — December 10, 2006 @ 5:06 pm

Hey Mike
    As long as you’ve instilled a ” bench em if they cant get the job done” policy, how about trying it out on #27. Williams is absolutely the worst corner Ive ever seen on this team ( and boy have we seen a few!). To make matters worse, he acts as if he’s Bailey..without any of the class or skills. Bench this punk please!!!

Comment by jimmy C — December 10, 2006 @ 5:07 pm

I don’t understand Shanny on these short yardage tries. Bell has run for over a 100 is getting good yards off the line and he lets Cutler go for it on 3&2, 4&2, 4&2
    It’s mind boggling

Comment by KobeBroncoFan — December 10, 2006 @ 5:07 pm

Bye Bye Mike and give us Jake back.

Comment by doug — December 10, 2006 @ 5:09 pm

Two bone-head coaching decisions by the mastermind is now underminding the Defense. Going on two 4th down plays with soo much time left on the clock says how much he trust his Defense. Its the poorest coaching I’ve seen in 30 years. No chance now… We can wait till next year.

Comment by Bob — December 10, 2006 @ 5:10 pm

Man, who goes for it on 4&2 on your own 20 with that much time left on the clock. If you don’t trust your Defense that much why would you hand the ball over that close to the goal line. Of course San Diego is going to all out blitz.

Comment by KobeBroncoFan — December 10, 2006 @ 5:10 pm

The Broncos need to start playing for next season, that is, losing the rest of their games to give themselves some better draft picks. They need to start evaluating the younger talent that they have on the offensive and defensive lines as well as the linebackers, wide receivers, corners, safeties, tightends, and running backs. They cannot play with the big boys this year, they cannot even play with the mediocre teams this year. I question whether or not Shanahan still has what it takes to adequately coach this team or any team. Although I saw flashes of brilliance out there and also some questionable non-calls by the lousy officiating crew (i.e. the offensive pass interference call against the great (NOT!!!) Antonio Gates on John Lynch in the second quarter or the defensive pass interference call against Brandon Marshall on Jammers in the start of the fourth quarter) makes me believe that even if Denver did everything right they would have still lost because the NFL already has the teams they want in the playoff picture and Denver isn’t one of them. It’s too bad that Denver has had such a miserable lackluster year. They really should have played Cutler from the beginning of the season, then if we washed out we would have been near the top for a much better draft pick. Just my thoughts.

Comment by JohnElway4Ever — December 10, 2006 @ 5:11 pm

Does Cutler have small hands? What’s up with three fumbles? Did he fumble at Vandy?

Comment by Homer — December 10, 2006 @ 5:13 pm

They held true to form and choked…

Comment by mb — December 10, 2006 @ 5:13 pm

shanahan is a 3rd rate bozo coach at best get rid of the weasel!!!!!!!!!

Comment by lv john — December 10, 2006 @ 5:13 pm

how about that denver defense…you donkeys wer in la la land in the early going

Comment by dan — December 10, 2006 @ 5:16 pm

scratch that, they just got lucky on that KR fumble. It is a blowout!

Comment by orangecrush — December 10, 2006 @ 5:18 pm

i am laughing at your vaulted defense

Comment by dan — December 10, 2006 @ 5:19 pm

Unbelievable…unbelievable…unbelievable. I think we might have a really difficult time beating the Lions. Time to start planning for next year: O-line, D-line, Cutler practicing all summer with the receivers, something that needs to work all season. we played one quarter of football today and slept for 3 quarters. I am embarrassed but still a broncos fan!

Comment by embarrassedbroncofan — December 10, 2006 @ 5:19 pm

I think officially Broncos are the worst football team in NFL for the month of December. Whats needed is not a QB change, but a coach change. Shanahan has gone insane and calling crazy plays.

Comment by brocofan — December 10, 2006 @ 5:21 pm :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4817595

Chargers 48, Broncos 20
    Struck by L.T., lightning again

Cutler shows life in second start in third-quarter rally
    By Mike Klis
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    DenverPost.com
    Article Last Updated:12/11/2006 12:39:06 AM MST

San Diego - This was not so much a game between AFC West rivals as a one-sided, schoolyard whipping.

By halftime, the Broncos were flat on their backs, knocked silly by a superiorly talented, rugged and spirited group of San Diego Chargers. All seemed lost, not only for this one game, but for the season..........CLICK ON LINK FOR MORE

5. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    thanks for the carne asada trumpet man! it was delicious.

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Jesus...what the hell is this writer thinking? Fukk him! Seriously FUKK THIS BASTARD. :tdown:

Once I cool down I think I'll pass along a comment to him.

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Found this on OrangeMane.com, thought ya'll would appreciate it...

[​IMG]

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    And look at that cryin' horse on his helmet...!! That's some serious equine misery right there. I love it. :lol:

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No **** ? I have not seen it. I know we had a Bolttalk chant going on at some point after the beer chugging contest and FOX Sports was there interviewing ANTEater.

The chick motioned to interview me and I refused. I am not sure why but I wanted to be in the background for a change I guess. :icon_mrgreen: :lol:

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey you are very welcome.

Post a picture so I know who you are as it helps my brain. :icon_mrgreen:

The playoffs will be totally off the hook !!!

I promise. :icon_party:

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    No dufus, we had a QB who fukd you guys when you tried to Blitz this time around.

They broke your will.
    That last TD said it all.

The entire free world knew who was getting the ball on that final TD and you could do nothing to stop it. :icon_rofl:

12. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    A rented donkey ! :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :bolt:

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Well, at least their "fans" are spreadin it around...no one is spared their wrath!!:icon_rofl:

14. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I agree with your vitriolic retort to Warren's subtle insult. He's probably just troubled that he will spend the rest of his career being known as the underwhelming player that the Browns selected instead of Ladainian.

15. **2~FOR~1**

**2~FOR~1** BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    ...I'm going to keep working until it's officially said," vowed Merriman, who abused Cutler like a rented donkey...

:icon_rofl: :lol: :deadhorse:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  17. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    you even appeard on the graphic that's behind the news anchor leading into the story

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I love the fact that Cam ran this play against the Broncos. A defense that many were touting at the beginning of the season as potentially one of the best of all time. Now look at 'em. Gettin' Bumarooski'd at the Q! :icon_rofl: :icon_toast:

What's not to love!?

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Cool.

Every year we get on TV or some crazy crap via the media, radio, whatever.

There have been times when there were several TV stations all trying to get a "piece of the action" :lol: It was like a zoo at times but all good fun.

The tailgaters who got seperated and were forced to park across our normal spot were giving me a ration of ****. They wanted to make sure I remembered them and did not get too stuck on myself after the years of getting on TV - Jay Leno etc etc .... :lol: Fuggers.... :icon_mrgreen:

20. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    yeah, you gotta stay humble, we don't want you going around other boards saying that you'ra a famous poster from San Diego or any of that **** :icon_eek: :icon_rofl:

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I could not figure out WTF happened?

I thought it was a direct snap to LoNeal and Cam's genius is something to behold.

He porked the Broncos and even Marty lipped "that is crazy" or something to that effect when he heard the play called.

22. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    I thought that Rivers had fumbled the snap :icon_shrug:

23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I miss Charger Chick :icon_sad: :icon_cry:

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I saw the play, and onea the guys in Stats said WTF, and I said fumblerooskie...thats what the TV guy (Simms I guess) said.

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I didn't even wait for the replay. I hit the rewind on the TiVo and told my wife: "Watch this sh*t" She said: "WTF was that?"

"Fumblerooskie baby!!!" I yelled.
    "You guys are weird" was her response, I think.
    Then she just laughed at me 'cause I was loaded.

I believe Marty's lips indicated: "Fvkin' crazy". But I'll have to watch it again tonight.:bolt:

26. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    That is exactly what it looked like to me. Fuking Crazy :icon_rofl: I was like "holy ****" , the old codger is starting to change. I am starting to believe that he has seen the light!!

27. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    DAMN!! Wish I could be there with you guys :icon_cry:

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, me too! Sometimes it sucks being an east coast Bolts fan - but better than not being a Bolts fan at all!! :nana_guitar:

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You missed the contest where we flew in posters to see 3 home games on the 50 yard line. :bolt2:

30. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    You'll have easy access to Miami for the Super Bowl. :helm1: