1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

SWAT Raids Bears Tank Johnson's house

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Bears player's home searched by police

By Courtney Flynn and John Mullin
    Tribune staff reporters
    Published December 14, 2006, 3:23 PM CST

Gurnee police executed a search warrant Thursday at the home of Chicago Bears defensive tackle Terry "Tank" Johnson in what sources described as an apparent drug raid.

Johnson, a third-year Bear who has had two previous run-ins with the law since joining the NFL team, apparently was not home when Gurnee police executed a search warrant shortly before 11 a.m. in the 400 block of Delany Road in the far north suburb.

[​IMG]

Tank Johnson (US PRESSWIRE photo by Jerry Lai)
    December 14, 2006

Sources familiar with the case said police apparently were seeking drugs.

Charges could be filed later this afternoon as a result of the search, sources said.

Johnson declined to talk with reporters in the Bears locker room midday Thursday and was not seen at practice. Bears officials refused to comment on the incident and Coach Lovie Smith was expected to be asked about the situation later this afternoon.

The Bears already are without one starting defensive tackle because of the ruptured hamstring injury suffered by Tommie Harris that sent him to injured reserve for the remainder of the season.

In a news release, Gurnee police said "some items sought in the warrant were discovered inside the home," but police refused to disclose the nature of the items recovered.

Police did say two adults — a 26-year-old male and a 25-year-old female — were in the Delany Road home along with a toddler and an infant.

Officers with the Northern Illinois Police Alarm System assisted Gurnee police in the six-minute search.

Last March, prosecutors dropped battery and resisting arrest charges filed against Johnson in February when a police officer who scuffled with Johnson outside a Rush Street nightclub refused to proceed with the case, authorities said.

The February arrest also led to violation of probation charges to be filed against Johnson, who had been placed on 18 months' probation in November 2005 after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor unlawful gun possession charge.

The violation charges also were dismissed when the battery case was dropped, prosecutors said.

Johnson, a third-year defensive tackle out of the University of Washington who celebrated his 25th birthday on Dec. 7, has 20 tackles and 3.5 sacks this season.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jesus, thot this was the No Fun League!! :icon_eek: :no: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    :icon_huh: Sometimes it takes me longer than six minutes to find my keys in the morning...

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    yeah, it take me longer than 6 mins to wake up after my alarm has gone off

5. ChargerBoy

ChargerBoy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I for one am kinda getting sick of all the damn thugs and gangsters in this league. Week after week it's drugs this, hit and run that.

I think that the NFL needs to take a hard line against issues like that.

I know it has affected our team, but I still don't stand for it. Players are supposed to be role models, now they're just a ton of street thugs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,890
    this is getting ridiculous
    this is some ****ed up repugnant *** **** going on in the NFL, its almost getting as bad as the NBA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.