1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

T.J. Simers -- IS This guy for REAL!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Jan 8, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Why the hate? If I saw him right after reading this article I might punch him in the nose!!

FU Simers, lets see you do better. You can't even write an accurate article.

DIK!!!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers8jan08,1,7139982.column?page=1&coll=la-headlines-sports

He's just pissed off because LA can't support an NFL team

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Yeah buddy! Keep it rolling, media.

Man, I don't know why, but this stuff is awesome. I'm getting more and more pumped up as the week rolls on.

Beat the Colts to advance, sure... but man, I want to beat them just to see the enormity of the national media outrage soon to follow. :D

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I wonder if he's a Raiders fan.

Some guy I know who's a Raiders fan bet $1,500 on the Titans. No point spread either. Nice... let your emotions handle your finances!!! :lol:

Then again, he feels that Rivers should not have made the Pro Bowl last season because of the talent surrounding him.
    I said "Montana had major talent surrounding him. I guess he doesn't deserve the Hall of Fame?!!!"

4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    He's still pissed about McMahan using him as a snot rag.

For those that don't know Simer's history, he was interviewing Jim McMahan (during his stint as our QB) and McMahan blew his nose on him. hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I completely agree 8.2 billion %.

Please, write more **** for our team to get pissed off about. PLEASE!!!

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Also, his daughter worked for the Chargers at one point and Spanos ****-canned her. Simers is a douche who should not be taken seriously.

7. StocktonBoltFan

StocktonBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    He's also pissed because he was banned from the chargers building a long time ago. hence the Spanos goons sentence. Dudes been negative on the team and front office ever since then.

8. Bolt Action

Bolt Action BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    How in the hell in the last few weeks did we become the NFL version of the Miami Hurricanes? ESPN shows one biased clip on national tv, reports some dumb *** quote from Chump Baily and now all of a sudden Rivers is a winy POS and the D is filled with nothing but a bunch of **** talkers. Keep adding fuel to the fire!:icon_evil:

9. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    hahaha, what a loser...AT LIFE!

10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Just like last week I will not be reading or watching much from the media and I recommend it to everybody; it makes for a much smoother week for me.

We win we move on we lose we go home. All the rest is hype. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  11. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Sunday we will find out if he's right or not. According to most, especially the Colts fans, the Chargers shouldn't even show up. I hope when the Chargers win, they don't celebrate an ounce. Just walk off the field, hit the locker room and tell the media "Patriots, we are coming for you".

That would shut them up.

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Simers is a jukebox with only one song in it, his act was tired ages ago. Jim McMahon is forever my hero for blowing a loogie on that c*ntrag.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    HAHAHAHAHAh, fawking Jim Mcmahon. :icon_rofl:

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes he is for real. A lot of people do not like mouthy or flashy players. That is nothing new. You who have followed the NFL as long as you have have seen it all. Did you ever get ticked at Deion's high stepping into the end zone? TO's posing on the star? All the plethora of players running their mouths?

Now that it is the Chargers many fans turn a blind eye but Rivers could use a hearty cup of STFU.

As far as celebrating, they were in a playoff game and the team had not won one in 13 years. They should celebrate good plays. Every team does.

But the starts of the Chargers have been getting scrutiny, some wont like what we do, so what? THAT IS THERE RIGHT TO NOT LIKE IT... Right?

15. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    As others have said, he's been doing this for years. I don't even have to read the article because I know the crap he shoves in it every single year.

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The media in the country are a shadow of what they once were. No more Ring Lardners, no more Red Barbers, no more John McKays or Harry Careys. When Vin Scully is gone, that will be the last of the breed. Major newspapers hire useless dickwads like Jonah Goldberg and William Kristol, news programs waste money on guys like Tucker Carlson and John Gibson and obsess over spoiled and ill tempered celebrities. Guys like Lee Corso and Mel Kuiper get to bloviate inanely on and on, along with Sean Sallisbury and Dierdork and Grumble. Put this stuff on the bulletin board and then suit up. Ladies and Gentlemen, buckle up, we're in for a bumpy ride. We win this game, I won't care if the Chargers line up like the Rockettes on the fifty yard line.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    TJ Simers is another mainstream media homer POS
    screw him and hte horse he rode in on

18. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Simers has always hated the Bolts. I think maybe Spanos said something to him in the past that upset him and he has never forgiven him ..

19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Simers is a nut job.

He bashes SD.
    He bashes the residents if SD.
    He bashes all SD sports teams.

This is nothing new.

That Jim McMahon snot rocket was fuking classic. :icon_rofl:

Here is Simers version of the story...
    Simers was later banned from the Chargers locker room. He is "Persona non grata" around the chargers org.

20. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    You are 100% correct. It seems like now all you have to be able to do is print stuff that will provoke a response. That's easy, ANYONE can do that. Providing insights and humor, and just plain giving a good account of what's going on, that seems to be dying.

21. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    This is the only guy where the gripes I read between here and SOSD are legitimate. The mentioned column from Mr. Simers column was unprofessional, petulent, bitter and had no credibility. In fact, I hope the Spanos at least consider a defamation lawsuit vs. Mr. Simers.

22. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    He is considered press .. I don't think there is any way in hell that is going to happen.

23. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    You have freedom of speech, freedom of the press and so on. I think that's misunderstood. While you have the right to say, write and whatever else you want, you have to take consequences for your actions, words, etc.

24. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    I know what it means .. but no lawyer is going to touch this one with a 10 foot poll.

25. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    BJ Simers has always been a hater of the Chargers. He is a true jag off who enjoys ripping anything San Diego. I love telling the LA Times people when they call and ask if I want to subscribe to their paper I ask them "How much are you willing to pay me to read that crap?".

Just ingnore Simers, he is the type of guy who enjoys this type of attention. I guess since he doesn't have a NFL team in LA to make fun of he likes to pick on us. The LA Times is trash anyway, why would anyone read that crappy paper anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  26. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Simers has dementia that is why he writes that Crap. Feel sorry for his family.:puke:

27. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    If you're looking for him, this is what he looks like....

[​IMG]

Here is his dog...

[​IMG]

28. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    This guy TJ Simers is a hardcore Raider fan.

He might as well shout the Raider fan montra...."Raiders have 3 Super Bowls! We own the world! Charger fans just wish they were Raider fans...."

Goddamn I'm gonna write this guy some serious hate mail.

29. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

30. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Anyone got a 12 foot pole? :abq1: