1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

T.O. attempted suicide....... again

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,406
    Recent 911 call: T.O. attempted suicide
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2011, 3:38 PM EDT

In 2006, receiver Terrell Owens created a major stir with a drug overdose that was believed to be a suicide attempt. Last month, Owens reportedly had another overdose, as reported by TMZ.

Now, TMZ has obtained the 911 call that was placed earlier this month. Asked whether the ingestion of prescription medication was a suicide attempt, a woman who was speaking to the 911 dispatcher said, “Yes. I believe so.

The last time something like this happened, Owens was a member of the Cowboys. He held a press conference at Valley Ranch to declare that he hadn’t attempted suicide. The event punctuated by a clumsy declaration from publicist Kim Etheredge that Owens has “25 million reasons why he should be alive,” a reference to the $25 million contract he had signed with the Cowboys earlier that year.

This time around, Owens is trying to attract the attention of an NFL team, and he has said nothing publicly regarding the incident. The content of the 911 call likely will do nothing to assist his chances of getting back into the NFL.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Hell, if you want to go that badly, here's another bottle of pills for ya...

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    People who truly want to kill themselves don't fail.

TO just wants attention. What a shock.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Seconded
    Coming off having a practice that no one attended or cared about? Way too convenient

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    This was a MONTH before the unattended practice. TMZ reported on it but it was brushed under the rug pretty quickly.

Suicide is serious business people - not a joking matter. Is he a prima donna? Sure. But anyone who feels like suicide or even attempted suicide is an answer to anything is need of help and support, not mockery. Sad. Sad. Sad.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,406
    I'd say it's apparent that anyone needing to be in the spotlight all the time has serious self esteem issues.

7. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Marry Lindsey Lohan an start a reality show TO get all the publicity you crave!!! You two would make a great match.

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind taking a chance on T.O.

If he can take a 1 year 5 mill deal why not? Guys, Floyd does not play 4 quarters.. I think T.O. can play 4 quarters! Guy looks to be in good shape and has played through pain.. He's a competitor and imagine the fun Rivers would have hitting T.O., VJ, Gates, oh and Floyd as a third down/red zone receiver.. are you kidding me? He does bring that edge and energy on the sideline on gameday as well that the Chargers could use..

Its not realistic at all because I'm sure AJ doesn't want the attention and neither can Norv take control of this guy in the locker room so it is a risky deal.. He's a guy who can really make a difference on your team, in a positive or negative way though.. That's the thing..

• Like Like x 1
  9. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    TO would be a disaster in the locker room!!

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    And after we get T.O. then let's lure Moss out of retirement and run a 5 WR set and then all will be right with the world. Unless the other guys utilize the thunderhammer D...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Diana Bianchini told TMZ the following: “Terrell Owens absolutely did not attempt suicide nor did he attempt to overdose on pills on Oct. 6, 2011.

"The facts are that [T.O.'s assistant] arrived at his home that evening after he had already taken a sleeping aid to fall asleep. He was unresponsive because of this.

"Unaware he had taken a sleeping aid prior to her arrival, his assistant became concerned and decided to call 911.

"When the ambulance and police arrived, Owens was responsive and was not held in the hospital. Reports released with the 911 call today are misleading and not factual."

TMZ...at it again.

12. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Some people are just epic failures in life and in attempting death. You'd be surprised, some people surprisingly don't know how to commit suicide properly. Pretty much as sad as it gets.

13. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Exactly, this isn't something to joke about.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Well said.

15. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    Owens has always been a favorite of mine. Say what you will about his antics away from football, or his so called 'diva' personality, but unlike more talented players like Moss who don't play hard, T.O. gives 100% and plays hard.

A lot of Receivers are big ego types who have trouble or some kind of negative press surround them, Moss, Owens, Chris Henry, Holmes, Edwards, Crabtree, Bryant, to name just a few...

I hope he does find a team, and i hope that if he really did think of suicide that he manages to overcome whatever problems keep getting him down.

16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,153
    I think you're right on, here Syd. Obviously sports stars & other celebrities are opened up
    to unlimited national ridicule and mockery, but suicide is a whole 'nother deal. Anyone who has watched
    family and friends try to cope with a suicide know how brutal it is. Even if one isn't a big fan of T.O.,
    showing a little class and decorum is still a good idea, given the serious subject matter and how devastated
    those around him would likely be.

• Like Like x 3