1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

T.O. says using 'heroic' wasn't his idea

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Jul 14, 2006.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11930053/from/RS.2/

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    "Professional athlete" and derivatives of "hero" generally don't play too well in my household.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    TO is a tool.

There are some athletes who are heros. You dont hear much about them, and you NEVER hear of them being kicked off of a team.

There is a player in Tampa Bay, who gets houses, makes the intitial payments, furnishes them, then GIVES them to single working moms with a family. They take over the payments, with little hassle and they get a house they couldnt get on their own. Impacting peoples lives in a positive way like that is in my book HEROIC!

TO is just a pile of scum that the media knows will give them a story.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Cowboys | Publicist says T.O. not misquoted
    Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:12:22 -0700

Jean-Jacques Taylor, of the Dallas Morning News, reports stories that suggest Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens was misquoted in his recently released book are disappointing and absurd, his publicist said Friday evening, July 14. "It's most unfortunate that a person would want to take his words and make it sound like he isn't telling the truth and writing his own book," Kim Etheredge said. "There's no discrepancy. It's absurd that a person would try to do that." In the book, Owens' described his return from a broken leg during the 2004 season in time to play in the Super Bowl as "nothing short of heroic." When a reporter asked Owens Thursday, July 13, why he chose the word heroic, the receiver said co-author Jason Rosenhaus picked it, "As I wrote that, that was one of the words that Jason used. Not only myself, but a number of commentators have said the same thing. I can't really say that I called it heroic." Owens called it a blessing to come back.

~~~~~~~~~

Somehow I get the feeling that these are just the opening salvo's on T.O.'s 2006 implosion tour.

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, he usually gives a team one good season before it all falls apart.

This time, TC hasn't even started with his new team. :lol:

7. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Did you hear Charles Barkley on Total Access ?

(paraphrase) "T.O. needs to shut up and go play football."

• Like Like x 1
  8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    :lol:

From big mouth to big mouth.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    pft.com

KEITH DAVIS SHOT

The Dallas Morning News reports that Cowboys safety Keith Davis has been shot in the head and the thigh, in connection with an apparent drive-by shooting.

Per the News, Davis is recovering from the wounds at a hospital. There had been rumors that he was dead. As it turns out, the rumors are not regarded as life threatening.

He was shot at 5:00 a.m. local time while driving on Interstate 635. A vehicle pulled alongside his car and someone fired several shots. Police are investigating potential suspects and motives.

10. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I heard this was the second time the guy got shot. Sheesh....talk about making yourself a target.