1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tackle Olivea agrees to one-year deal with Giants

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Kwak, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Tackle Olivea agrees to one-year deal with Giants
    Looks like the unmotivated one has found a job.

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Good luck to the Big Boy!
    [​IMG]

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    WTF? They lifted his suspension? Why don't they lift Cooper's then?

4. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Because Olivea didnt test possitive for a substance. He missed taking a drug test.

5. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

But it said that that was only part of the reason for his suspension:

I don't think that they suspend players for four games solely for missing one drug test, otherwise TO would have been suspended earlier as well. Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like the NFL gave lifted the suspension because he showed that he was getting treatment for the problem?

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Olivea is about as close to 312 as Jamal Williams or Tonio Fonoti, more likely.

7. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Dont know. All i know is they took it back after he explained why he missed it.

He still didnt test possitive like Cooper did. I am actually loking forward to seeing Waters get some playing time so i dont really care if Cooper will miss 4 games. I think Smith and Waters can fill in just fine and it could be a breaking out for Waters.

8. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Good luck Shane. We got plenty of value out of you as a 7th round pick. No complaints here. I hope you get your **** together and salvage your career.

9. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

Sorry bro, I can't leave you hanging. Last time I checked positive only came in with one s. :tup:

10. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Agree with you there.:tup:

11. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    And 'looking ' came with two o's ( which i also misspelled)

Im not a bad speller, im a BAD typer and my new keyboard which is now black especially sucks because i have a hard time when it gets a little dark. Im not a polished typer where i can look at the screen the whole time so the black keyboard sucks for me.

12. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Honest to God, when I was in high school, a friend of mine and I conspired to swipe one of those Big Boy statues and put it on the lawn of this guy who was a dickwad. :icon_shrug:

13. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    co-sign

14. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    No that's not him, his arms are way to long

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    NY fans will eat his *** alive if he doesn't show up to play. Good luck, She-li. :lol:

16. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    He quit being "just" a 7th round pick when he pocketed over $9 million these past two years in salary and bonuses.

He quit on the team.

I hope he gets past whatever inner demons messed up his life, and gets straight and off the drugs, but as a football player I really don't wish him well at all.

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    He has a second chance. This is a guy who came from obscurity and hand to mouth living to big bucks. He got busted for proscribed substances. Bad move. No DUI, no domestic battery, no prostitution arrest, no assault. Just the sort of dissapation that at my age could occur to me if I hit the lottery tomorrow and once actually occupied a substantial part of my life as a student with some liquidity. I grew into more sophisticated and less enervating forms of sin-except for my ongoing romance with gin. So might he and still be able to play without getting suspended or compromising his abilities. That's if he has enough of the leetle grrray cells to come to his senses. He merely needs to learn a little moderation and self confidence. I'll bet most of his problems grew out of a lack of genuine self confidence and maturity. A good spanking like he got can sometimes change that. Always I retain a certain residual respect for a guy who'll do enough the get there in the first place. We all stumble from time to time, but let's see if he dusts himself off.

18. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    His teammates didn't respect him. They hated him. If you don't believe that, go find any tape from the second half of the season that shows him coming off the field (goalline or "jumbo" packages). No one EVER shakes his hand or even acknowledges him.

He quit on the team, and they didn't forgive him. There was something deeper going on with him that no one has discussed yet (and I don't know what that was).

19. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    QFT