1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tailgate Party Bwonks / Bolts Monday Night!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,152
    I think that this will be one of the defining games of the season for the Chargers. And we need to have some serious Bolts fans whether they are Bolt Talkers, or just fans of the team show up in force for this one! I spoke to Ivan the grillmaster last Sunday, and he will be cooking up tri-tip again, since that particular cut of meat is good for serving many. We expect a good crowd, and we would like to see some people posting what particular food item or items that they will be bringing. Do we really need a theme for this one? Hopefully, we will have Bolt Soldier doing his "donkey" call and we can do this party up a notch or two. For those of you who attended our last two tailgate gatherings, you know what I am talking about. It's about having fun, sharing a few laughs, eating some great food, and knocking down your favorite adult beverage in a dysfunctional family atmosphere... Please, tell us how many people you are bringing with you, whether you are bringing a food or beverage item, and be ready to rock the Q on Monday Night! Should we make signs for this game? Anyway, let's hear your ideas if you have them, or tell us whether you are planning to join us for what should be a raucous night of football! Let's show the folks how the group in M4 does a tailgate. Can we get a DJ for this?

Thanks!

Pointy :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    I'm just a little curious, and I hope someone can step up to the plate on this one. Is there anyone in our group that can make it into the stadium lot and hold our spot until I get there sometime Monday morning? I actually have to work and cannot get out early enough at my usual time to be able to hold down the spot. It would ease my worry to know that someone else is covering for me and is willing to get there around 10:30 to 11:00 or so, and I will most likely be there by 11:30 or when the gates open up for us ticket holders with parking passes at noon. If you can help me out, it is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Pointy

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I'm off work at 2pm and will be heading down with the mister, my bff and her hubby in tow. Hopefully we are able to make it down with time to tailgate :) assuming none in my group gets delayed we should be there by 3pm.

Wish I could show up early to hold down the fort Pointy :(

Not sure what we'll be bringing yet but I'm sure beer and some side or dessert will be involved ;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    I will be making my 1st trip in..... No car tho looks like the trolley to the Q

Let me look to see whats near the hotel to see what I can bring! :helm1:

5. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    ^^^ Which hotel? When you exit the trolley at the stadium, just follow the tracks and you will find us under the trolley bridge at the very end in parking lot M4. Only about 3 or 4 hundred yards or so...

6. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    Gaslamp Plaza Suites

7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    Nice, I live just a few blocks from the Gaslamp District. There's an Albertsons at 16th and Market, and a Ralphs at 2nd/3rd and Market.

8. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    Anyone else coming to this game? Let's hear it, people...

9. Jr.Fargo

Jr.Fargo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    POINTY!!!

Jr.Fargo here, my fiancee and I are going to be at this game...Few things...

What should we bring?
    What time is everyone meeting at?

I am so excited to see all you guys again, and for all you to meet my beautiful fiancee!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    ^^^Ah, so we will have Canadians in our midst, once again. Welcome back, Kyle. As we get nearer, I will let you know what we come up with on our list.

Thanks,

Pointy :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    And I hope you all party like there is no tomorrow for this one, it will be my Birthday, please have a cold one for me!

• Like Like x 1
  12. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    I will be coming to this!! :D Anyone able to give me a lift from Point Loma? I'm on holiday and visiting from the land Down Under, and having a look at public transport there - not the best, so a lift (and a quick visit to BevMo's on the way) would be awesome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jr.Fargo

Jr.Fargo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    If you can find a way to hotel circle i'm sure we can all head down together...I am also visiting (from Canada eh) and we will more than likely be taking the trolley to the "Q".

14. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418

Thanks Pointy.............

I think I'll pack some Zin to bring to the tail gate [​IMG]....How many wine drinkers?

15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    The trolley is just two blocks from my hotel in the gas-lamp its about a $30 taxi trip from there also..... Your welcome to head over with me........

16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    You're welcome. Actually, there's a few vino heads in our group, you will make a few people happy. Suggest bringing some small plastic drinking glasses.

17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    Junior;

So it's just you and your fiancee? I guess Pops is working while you are out here having fun, huh? Give your folks my regards...

18. Jr.Fargo

Jr.Fargo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Pointy

Yes it's just me and my fiancée, possibly the folks you met last time we were there, John and Stephanie. Please please please let us know if there is anything we can do/bring!!! Other than Canadian Beer :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    Right now, we have Ivan cooking up a few tri-tips, and I am bringing my nearly world famous Mexican zucchini dish. If John and Stephanie and company want to bring some desserts or another side dish like potatoes or a pasta salad that would be cool. What I noticed from the last tailgate, is that we need someone to bring a cooler with ice, so that visitors can chill some of their favorite beverages. Or they can put some beverages in the magic cooler. So on that note, if you like you can bring some bottled water or soda pop. It would be very much appreciated. We should have a fairly large crowd showing up for this one.

Just a note to all of you regular attendees to our tailgate event, if you plan on coming and enjoying the fare, please let us know in advance how many of you or your group will be attending so that Ivan can purchase the proper amount of meats and supplies needed for this shindig. Also let us know if you are bringing a side dish or food item.

Thanks,

Pointy

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    does anyone know of a DJ that can set up quick and spin some tunes on the wheels of steel? Or maybe program a CD player and turn some drastic plastic? Just an idea.

21. Jr.Fargo

Jr.Fargo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Will do! I will be driving with Stephanie to the tailgate, so on my checklist I have:

-Water
    -Soda
    -Pasta Salad.

See you all soon!

• Like Like x 1
  22. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    Just changed my accomodation to Downtown, so will be catching the green line from the Gaslamp Quarter and up to the Q :D so certainly can meet up with a few of you in the area and go up together! Will be so much easier than Point Loma, and also for getting to the USS Midway which i will be visiting.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Jr.Fargo

Jr.Fargo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Bring some Tooheys new!!! :)

24. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    Thats horse piss! Plus I'm already in New York, so no chance of me bringing any local brew!

25. Jr.Fargo

Jr.Fargo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Ah that's all I drank when I was down under!!!! Have a safe trip, meet you soon!

26. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,152
    Alright, let's start a list. Here is what we have so far:

Entree Tri Tip - Eat My Boltage / Boltage Bimbo

Side Dish Calabasitas (Zucchini Casserole) - Pointy

Side Dish __________

Side Dish Pasta Salad - Jr. Fargo / John & Stephanie

Side Dish ??? - Sydalish

Dessert Item - Sydalish

Dessert Item __________

Water, Sodas - Jr. Fargo / John & Stepahanie

If you want to bring something, please cut & paste this list, and add the item to the list. You can even bring something that is not on the list, it's up to you.

Thanks,

Pointy

27. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    Entree Tri Tip - Eat My Boltage / Boltage Bimbo

Side Dish Calabasitas (Zucchini Casserole) - Pointy

Side Dish __________

Side Dish ??? - Sydalish

Bread - Pumpkin

Dessert Item - Sydalish

Dessert Item __________

Water, Sodas - Jr. Fargo / John & Stepahanie

Wine - Pumpkin

• Like Like x 1
  28. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +418
    I'll be making a trip to the team store on Monday morning!

[​IMG]

To support the fight against breast cancer!

29. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Angela and I will be there! Which would everyone prefer: the beans I made the last few times or some macaroni salad?

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Beans are almost always more entertaining.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1