1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tailgate Zone Parking

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Jul 10, 2006.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456
    All,

Not sure if anyone was thinking about getting a Tailgate Zone parking spot, but a few weeks ago when I added 2 seats to my Season ticket package, they were still working out all the details for seeling these spots. On a hunch I called in today and they told me they had just sent out the forms to sign up for these spots to season ticket holders. I asked if we could sign up by phone and get ahead of the people mailing forms and they said yes. So needless to say $750 later (ouch) I am the proud owner of a spot and near the top of the list requesting a spot in B2 with a backup zone of A2. Once I get more info I'll let you guys know exactly where I'm at so you all can stop by and say hi. So if you are thinking about doing this, you ought to call them ASAP to beat the mailers.

MadMike

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude I have been in F-2 forever on the asphalt island. This year, we will just park where the motorhomes lined the exitway from our area.

We did not take those spots out of respect for the motorhomes and now we saved $750.00.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would call and protest this parking policy.

There is no reason to charge us extra for this spot.

The Chargers did a survey last year and asked our tailgaters if we would be willing to pay more for the spots "if we had improvements (water, cable TV hookups etc) and we said "YES" then they pull this chickenshiit move.

Our tailgaters are not happy the Chargers did this and are not giving anything back in return.

I would wait in line at 5AM on GameDay to get "our spots" and to save $750.00 I would do it all over again. They are ripping the fans off especially if the bastards are moving.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Not to be a dick Mike but I have been going to these things since 1965 and the Chargers are out of line on this call.

5. MadMike

Ratings:
    +456
    I agree with you, and I'll be in line to sign a petition with you, but I wanted to guarantee myself a decent parking spot, and with them Disneyland parking in A-4 where I have been tailgating for years, it wasnt gonna happen.

MadMike

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is what I need to know if they plan on Disneyland parking the rest of the parking lot?

This will create a WAR !!!

7. MadMike

Ratings:
    +456
    Yah, would be nice to know. So far only A-4 is showing Directed Parking.

MadMike