1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Take a good look....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    This is a championship caliber roster:

http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/

Sometimes I find myself forgetting how incredibly strong and deep our team is. Even before the draft...which we will own (again)...this team is just freaking strong all across the board and has little to no weaknesses in any area. I totally believe that every other team in the league has more question marks than we do.

Matt Wilhelm is going to be a player folks...and if you're not a believer in Stephen Cooper...Go watch tape of the Baltimore game when he stood up Jamal Lewis near our goal line and caused a fumble. We are going to be ferocious again with the best front 7 in football.

I think Cromartie is going to take over the other CB spot this year and will emerge as a star. Florence would give us one of the best nickelbacks in the league. Whichever safety takes over for Kiel will be at least a wash...and we're likely to upgrade there in the draft.

On offense, I think the trio of VJ, EP and Floyd can get it done. One burner will probably be added in the draft. Our biggest potential hole was filled this offseason when Dielman decided to return. We are going to crush teams again with our running game. Another year of experience in this offense and the cohesiveness of the unit as a whole, and we will only be better.

With all of our key reserves re-signing, even our ST unit looks strong.

I could coach this team to a winning season. Norv should wake up ever morning and kiss a picture of AJ's ***.

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I remember that play and Coop plays hard. :tup: The only thing I'm worried about is the WR position but there hasn't been anything there in free agency.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    WR and SS, need to work on both of those
    beyond that, no one's getting in our way

4. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Im pretty sure that wasnt lewis that Cooper stood up

I think it was wilcox (backup TE)

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I'm still worried about the safety and wide receiver positions, but we should be a strong contender next year. I think I am most looking forward to seeing the progress Volek and Whitehurst have made. It felt last year like we had a pretty significant drop off in talent after Rivers, and that always made me a bit uneasy. I would love to see Volek really come out and take the #2 position decisively.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Since Volek played like three snaps and attempted one pass, I don't think you can say he was a huge dropoff from Rivers. It's kind of difficult to judge a guy on such a small body of work. Ditto Whitehurst. He did not take a single meaningful snap.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I would MUCH rather see Whitehurst come out and grab that role with both hands. He is a player with value and upside- two things that Volek lacks.

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I don't think it was as big of a drop off in talent as we had way back when Ed Luther was our #2 QB behind Fouts. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    ohhhh snap!

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Nor Hunter Enis behind Jack Kemp!! :icon_eek: :no:

11. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I was judging Volek based more on his work with Tennessee. I certainly didn't see him play a lot, but obviously did more research after the Chargers acquired him. Whitehurst is still a virtual unknown to me. I like what I have seen so far, but have way too little data to form an opinion.

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    yup

13. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    You can't talk about my adopted Charger like that! :glare:
    Only, I can. :icon_rofl: