1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Taking Back our Bolts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gonzokrb, Jan 5, 2012.

1. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    OK Bolt brethren, we all know the biggest problem with our team is ownership. To find a solution to any problem you have to identify the root cause of the problem. I had a crazy idea this morning. If every Charger fan came together, could we raise enough money to effect a change in ownership. At first I thought I had officially lost my mind but upon further review: The Chargers are valued at $907 million, I estimate at least 500,000 fans or more/ multiplied by $500 per person/ equals $250 million. Additional consideration for affluent Bolt fans/ businesses who could contribute more. Now factor in people like Mark Cuban who want to expand in other sport venues. All change starts with an idea. I value the intellect of our Bolt community. What do you all think?

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    You're right, that is a crazy idea.

Plus it assumes the Spanos' really want to sell which they don't. It's the biggest thing keeping them in San Diego vs. LA. Controlling ownership.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    In order for someone to buy a team, the owner has to be willing to sell it. Therein lies the flaw in your plan

4. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
  6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    7 posts a year and this is what we get?

:poop: lol, just kiddin'. If the team were up for sale, it still wouldn't work, I'd want to do what I wanted to do with my fraction of a percent and so would every other greedy part owner. :p

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The NFL would also have to approve such a sale. That would not be an easy approval to get.

8. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Then the only recourse we fans have is to not buy any Chargers gear and not attend any home games. Deano's money is made with merchandise sales and TV time. Let the boycott begin!!!

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Go right ahead and try and stick it to "the man" in protest like that, but even that won't do any good. Thanks to revenue sharing Deano makes enough of his money off the 31 other teams in the league to do just fine.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Yeah... No.

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Pretty sure I have read that in order to prevent a Green Bay type sale again, the NFL put it in their bylaws to prevent any such sale. So even if the fans could pony up enough to buy the team, and Dean was willing to sell, the NFL bylaws wouldn't allow it. That is if what I have seen in the past is true

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    #OccupyChargers

13. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    Sorry, I'm a fan thru and thru, thick and thin. I will support this team as long as they are in San Diego, and I will keep my season tickets (as well as 50,000 others) unless they do move out of San Diego. So, your theory will just not work.

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
  15. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    I found 37 cents in my couch, I will donate that to unseat the Buffoon Spanos Familia!