1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Talking Playoffs, but about the fans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So last season we made it to the big dance, and one and done.

Much has been made of the Chargers not having won a playoff game since 94. But how do you feel. I admit to a bit of nervousness on my part, but not because I dont think they can win or they are destined to choke.

So what are your thoughts and feelings on the upcoming play offs? What are you concerned with, and what give you confidence?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    My concern is inconsistent performance by PR. I’m also concerned about our Special team, which is bending big time on Kick offs. The Chargers have always made me nervous. I’m not sure what team will show up.

I’m feeling good about LT, Chambers, and seeing Gates back in the game plan again. I feel good about the Defense; Cromatie is a stud!

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    we didn't make it the big dance

:icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  4. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I have more confidence this year than last year

We dont have Marty to choke the game away and get to play a much easier opponent

As long as the game is played 11 on 11, we will win going away

5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I feel better right now than I did last year. I was worried about the Patriots since the team was so young and inexperienced. I was worried that we would let the Patriots get in our heads. This year, the team is a year older, and it has playoff experience. They're playing Sunday afternoon, with no bye week, which should let them stick to a normal schedule. We've played the Titans before, and we know what they have to offer. Young has never played in a playoff game before, and they are playing on the road. I feel like if we can get past this first game, we can get on a roll. Get this monkey off of our back, and the guys will be playing with nothing to lose against Indianapolis.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think you're paranoid!!!! :lol:

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm feeling pretty confident, actually. The OL has to do their job well & protect PR. Given sufficient time in the pocket, he'll come through. The D has been playing extremely well at home & I expect that to continue. ST will get the job done - looking for Sproles to have a big day. :tup:

Am I nervous at all? Of course, I've experienced too many Charger meltdowns not to have SOME misgivings. :icon_shrug:

I think we win. My biggest concern after that is that we come out healthy to face Indy. :yes:

8. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I think this guy would be a better ref for this Sunday's game than the entire crew we had in Nashville three weeks ago (anyone agree?):
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PcFtcoo0ic4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PcFtcoo0ic4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Last year I sorta knew the Pats were gonna come into SD and teach the youngsters a lesson thanks to Marty's tight sphincter.

This year, not nervous at all. We are not the favorites like we were last year, and to be honest, I relish the underdog role for our guys.Just go play football and everything will be fine.

10. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    I'm actually pretty confident, I think the team has learned from last year and I think it will be close 24-17 but i'm confident we will be heading to Indy :yes:

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I get what you are saying, but there are no easy opponents in the playoffs. I am actually concerned that the bad blood between the Bolts and Titans can lead to some nasty incidents.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    it's been a long life bein' a charger fan so by defaut i am always nervous when they play, especially in the playoffs.

13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    We just need to play our game. No stupid 4th and 11's from midfield and just go out and take it to them. Im not really concerned with the Titans. At home we should handle them pretty well i think.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree, but the Titans still have that great D Line that gave Philip fits for a good part of 4 quarters. Haynesworth is sad to be a go, and Vander Bosch is someone I would love to see in bolts, but until then I hate his Dutch guts!:icon_evil:

The O line will have to win this first game...

15. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    My sentiments exactly, except I would just add that this year I'm pissed off. I want a pound of flesh from every team we play going forward. We are the most talented team in the NFL, it's time to prove it on the field.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The only thing that can stop us, is US. I truly believe that!

17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We're gonna pound them everybody so get ready to have a real good time. :yes: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  18. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm flying down Sunday morning. Will be at the stadium by 10am. I am confident that we will take the next step by stomping on the dirty, cheating Titans. Our guys are ready to dominate.

19. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We're on the 7:30 flight outta Oakland sunday morning.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I have a feeling this one won't even be close. I'm glad we got Tennesee because I think the guys will be extra focused because of the game a few weeks ago still being fresh in thier minds. Just think how furious Merriman is to get another crack @ the Titans...shades of Charles Jefferson after Spicoli ruined his car!

PAYBACK TIME!

21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Nice Fast Times refernce. Someone should go f*ck up Merriman's car and write some Titans **** on it.

22. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I'm nervous as Hell!:lol:

but I'm also excited as hell!:abq1:

23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    I'm nervous, but I'd be nervous if I was a Patriots fan....it's the playoffs.

You don't know what's gonna happen till they actually play the game.

24. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    confident as hell here, we are on a roll and I cant wait to kick some ***!!!!! :icon_party:

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :yes: My neck hurts from agreeing so much!!!

26. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Which one is the West endzone? Under the scoreboard, or opposite it?

27. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I have sat in Field down there, and my current seats are in View 22, which is endzone, almost a straight shot.

When I sat in endzone Field, I hated it, some of the worst seats I ever had. Had to stand the entire game, and every score except one field goal happened at the other end. You might get luckier, because when **** is going on at your end, they are great. But when the ball is at the other end, you have to watch on the scoreboard. I wouldn't sit there again.

I'm sure you'll have fun regardless.

28. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The defense is getting healthier and the zone blocking of the O Line has cured the offense of some of it's early limitations. My major concern is PR's knee and the tendency of the Titans to chop people. Be interesting to compare the injury reports of Titan opponents to those of the league in genera.