1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tashard Choice Went To Georgia Tech...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Mar 14, 2010.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    So does Jonathan Dawyer. I think the cowboys are drafting Jonathan Dawyer....

and before you go bashin on this thread...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    :tup:

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    You beat me to it! :lol:

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Speaking of Dwyer, he just had his Pro Day at Georgia Tech.

Everyone said he looked like a 3rd round pick.....:rolleyes2:....as I've been saying for months, even before the combine.

5. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Fine, think he's a third-round pick. I'm thinking he would carry the load better than Ryan Mathews and Toby Gerhardt after seeing them in person. Shonn Greene has convinced me that we need a bruiser and I see Dwyer managing to do just that. The scouts can dismiss him but Dwyer is better off than Chris Wells was at this point and will transition into the NFL better than Beanie is at Arizona. Dwyer's my pick at 28, that is for sure.

6. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Boy, am I glad that you aren't choosing the draft selections...

7. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    yeh. Dwyer will be lucky to to in the league in 5 yrs!

8. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    Funny.... not what I'm hearing, at all...

Link to where people said he looked like a 3rd round pick?

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551

Chris Wells didn't play FULLBACK in college, so it was easier for him to transition. He steped right into one of the worst rushing offenses in the league and averaged 4.5ypc, and at times looked like an absolute beast. And if he'd started from day one he would have been a lock for OROY.

I was lobbying heavily for Chris Wells at 16 last year.

10. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Link, no. But do you have NFL Network?

Mike Mayock of NFL Network was at his Pro Day, and says when he talked to scouts he's "hearing nothing but 3rd round grades on" Dwyer, and he agrees. Despite his 40 time was a little faster (4.58-4.60) and his catching drills went pretty well, they are worried about his transition from B-back to standing 7yds back, saying they're not convinced on his vision and quickness, and they see him more as a big change of pace guy.

This is what I was saying months ago, he's got heavy long strides, almost no lateral quickness, and hitting the hole is far easier from the FB position than the tailback position.

11. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    I might be off, but I see Dwyer as a guy coming in and trying to do too much. Once he did see a real defense in Iowa, he struggled.

12. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    for what it's worth

The only person I've heard down on Dwyer is Mayock.

13. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    No, you and I were lobbying for LeSean McCoy I thought. I didn't like Beanie, left a lot to be desired in the passing game. That is why I like Dwyer more - I think he'll be a good blocker though after seeing his catching drills really fall short at the combine, I think he could be solely a running back and figure prominently into a winning offensive strategy.

14. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    True. Game-time situations mean more and I wasn't exactly focused on the ACC or the Big 10 but I did see that game. Saw Gerhadt tear through Notre Dame too...does that mean I think big Toby is the best RB in the draft - hell no! As far as our needs, I think Dwyer is the best for this particular team. If Sproles in particular really does stay, I see Dwyer fitting in as a great blocker for getting screens and draws to the Little Tank.

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551

Kiper and McShay (ESPN) moved him down to a late 2nd round grade.
    CBS moved him down to mid 2nd round.
    Scout.com moved him down to mid 2nd.
    NFLDraft 101 moved him to the 3rd and compared him to LenDale White.
    Walter football shredded him saying he's overweight and slow and that he actually shys away from contact more than the highlight videos on YouTube will show you.

So other than some local beat writters blowing smoke he's actually moved down on most draft boards. I'd give him a look at 60.

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    LeSean McCoy I liked for the same reason I like Jahvid Best this year, the guy is tougher than people think, extremely productive in college, and fits our scheme well.

Beanie Wells would have fit in perfectly as our "big back" with LT and Sproles, and is a legitimate 20+ carry per game guy. I really thought AJ would take the bait.

17. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I like Ben Tate!!

Or we could not draft an RB and pick up blount as an undrafted free agent the way things seem to be goin?:icon_shrug:

18. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    I think AJ likes him too.

19. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37

I think AJ likes Charles Scott

20. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    If Ben Tate falls to us in the late 3rd I could see it, but the guy was on very few radars before the combine and now he's the "flavor of the week" with every fan of a team that could possibly draft a RB this year.

All these big backs in the later rounds makes me think AJ could trade Sproles on draft day (to get rid of the contract) and draft Jahvid Best, who I think has a much higher ceiling. A Best/Scott or Best/Tate or Best/Blount combo sounds nice.

21. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    That would be kick ***! Best can help in the passing game too and when we need to get tough yards, one of the big backs can do it.

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Best scares me a little.

I see the potential Chris Johnson in him, but I also see that potential Tatum Bell starring us in the face. Injuries may limit his game to game production, not to mention the length of his carrer in general.

I still think Mathews is the safer pick, but Best gives you that "uh oh" factor whenever he touches the ball.

23. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I could see this happen, as well.

24. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

Maybe the Jets will draft him and play him at CB