1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

TBF's grades SD V KC....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Dec 3, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    The 14 point differential for the KC game IMO is not a true indication of the game. I rate the true indication of the game by the feeling I get in my gut and how late in the game that damn feeling lasts...

I rate this game a "battle" by every stretch of the word. KC played hard, KC battled, and never gave up. Even though we were up by 14, KC had the ball with about 4 minutes left and were driving and that feeling in the gut was still there. Playing in KC isn't easy regardless of records. We won in KC...That IMO gives this team an "A" for overall team grade.

Onto the grades.

OL Run Blocking (A).
    OL Pass Blocking (C-) McNiel got owned all day!
    Running Backs (A+)
    Wide Outs (B)...I saw some damn good efforts out there, blocking, trying to make plays etc...
    TE (B) Gates wasn't much part of the visible game, but he battled hard all day, drawing double teams the majority of the game.
    QB (B-)... Find the pocket PR, and use it. Step into it, not out of it.

Defensive Front 7 Run Stopping (B-) We let them move the ball on the ground...They did it with a Rookie RB and a weak OL...
    Defensive Frotn 7 Pass Rushing (A+) Awesome Effort. I saw each and every player we have on the team that plays DL or LB involved in some way shape or form...Great schemes and great tenacity.
    Defensive Backs (B)...Letting a damn DE catch that ball on the fade route was a disgrace. Cro, and Drayflo get picks. Drayflo fell right to the ground cause he was scared of making a mistake.

ST...(C-) Poor effort, but some of the miscures can be blamed on the elements.

TBF

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    QB - C
    Rivers did just enough

RB - A+
    LT did great

WR - B-
    Gates held to so little its astonishing, Chambers and Jackson was awesome

OL - B
    Great job run blocking, minus McNeil, ok job pass blocking

DL - A
    Cesaire looked like he was playing volleyball, Williams, Olshansky (who has really cranked up his game) did great.

LB - A+
    DOM-IN-ATION!

DB - A
    Helped on a few sacks early by great coverage. Cro's a stud. Hart should be benched for letting Jared Allen torch his ***.

ST - INC
    With all that insane wind, they all deserve a mulligan

3. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    Hart will be the next guy to lose his job, followed by Goff pretty soon afterwards (with the emergence of "Mooch.")

I still did not like how easily Gonzalez got open, nor did I like watching him drag guys down the field.:icon_evil:

Glad to see Cottrel "let loose the dogs of war" (that Merriman guy is pretty good):tup:

Rivers threw an awful lot of passes into double and triple coverage...:icon_eek:

Really good to see LT and the O-line have a good day:tup:

4. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

OK? McNeil got beat like a damn drum...Rivers was sacked at least 3 times...Granted he's slower then most!

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    The comma was in a bad spot

OK pass blocking IF YOU SUBTRACT Mcneil's performance
    no doubt he was beaten regularly.

But Clary did well against Hali, the interior tackles didn't get jack and minus one sack by Derrick Johnson, they all picked up hte blitzes nicely.

6. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He got beat like a drum by dwight freeney too.
    Frankly against major pass rushers (Freeney, Allen, Kampman) McNeil has been torched this league.

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Yeah it was frustrating watching Gonzo go nuts but to be honest he pretty much owns everybody in the AFC West. They probably feel the same way about LT.

Like the grades although I bump Rivers up just a bit as the wind was ****ing with both QBs and that throw he made to VJ was one of the best throws I've seen him make in awhile. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Agreed. Allen got two sacks, but the one on the first play was because of an error in the alignment. It wasn't his fault. The other sack was on him, but Rivers did hold the ball for a long time on that play.

As far as McNeill getting owned, I'm not sure I agree with that. I thought he handled himself pretty well.

9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    What do the three have in common Leisure?
    That a damn good left tackle, especially a pro-bowl one, should be able to shut down or at least quiet, not let them beat em like a drum. Don't give me Jonathan Ogden in his prime he would've. Pace, Jones, Smith, etc. would be able to hold them down.

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    ?McNeil has been torched this league?

Did you really type that Ant? He was a pro-bowler HIS ROOKIE SEASON at left tackle. A nearly unheard of feat. This season the whole line has struggled. He was beat a few time but not consistantly.

You need to check your self on Big Mac, ant...

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Kampman torched him? When? Last year? Kampman didn't register a sack against McNeill in the only game they played against one another.

12. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Agree w/your assement L...He did go up against a stud DE.

That being said, failing is failing...If my kid gets an F on a test he doesn't get an 'out' if this particular test was a difficult one.

TBF

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148

MAC had a great year last year.

MAC is goind through the same sophomore slump that PR is...

Both have played better and both have yet to play thier best games.

TBF

14. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    On PR...My grades are more based on his "presence" then anything else. He stepped into the pocket once that I recall yesterday...He tends to bleed a 7 step drop into a 9-10 step drop...He still isn't feeling the rush, he is watching it...Bad QB sign.

TBF

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Gonzalez and Gates do this to just about everybody, but the Chargers don't do a good job on elite tight ends. Sooner or later, Rivers will learn to look 'em off and find the more open guys.

16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'm a huge fan of his but its obvious he's having trouble this year. Sophmore slump? I can accept that, since Rivers is having the same problem. Next year will be a big determiner in whether he really is THAT outstanding of an OL.

17. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Trumpy, are you going to let him get away with this comment? Hart is the next to lose his job? How does a pro bowler this year lose his job? Everyone at Michaels Pub knows Hart is a pro bowler, thanks to you!!!! :icon_party:

18. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    :icon_rofl:

19. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Maybe it was the bean burrito you ate....:icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1