1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

TE F. Jones hangs it up

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Aug 7, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261
    <strong>August 7, 2005</strong>
    Source: <a href="http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2005-08-07-campline_x.htm">USA Today</a>

Carolina Panthers tight end Freddie Jones, who signed with the team in April after playing eight seasons in San Diego and Arizona, announced his retirement Sunday.

"It was in the best interest of my family that I conclude my career at this time," said Jones. "I appreciate the Panthers signing me. It's a top-notch organization and I"¹m glad I got a chance to experience it before I retired.

"I'm looking forward to whatever God has planned for me next."

The former North Carolina standout had 404 receptions during his career with a career high of 71 for the Chargers in 2000. He spent the first five seasons of his career at San Diego and the last three with Arizona.

He entered the NFL as second-round draft choice of the Chargers in 1997.