1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Team Players

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Recently two guys, at the top of their game, made public announcements that indicated they are truly team players. First Suggs stated he would take a home team discount to stay with the Ravens if it meant they could keep their big three LBs intact. Yesterday Larry Fitzgerald offered to restructure his contract if it would free up enough money to help Anquan Boldin stay with Arizona. Larry is at the absolute peak of his game...it says am awful lot about his character, which was already sky high with everyone!

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Very cool :) here's to hoping the trend continues on here in SD!!

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    *stares at LT*

Do what's right man.

4. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Those are two players who feel their ball club is capable of great things in the next year or two. They are also two players who's respective coaching staffs feel that they are integral to the success of the team.

The questions are, "Does LT think the direction Norv is taking the team is a good one? Does LT know that the coaching staff feels he is integral to the teams success?"

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You hit the nail right on the head!!! :tup: :yes:

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I love Fitzgerald's attitude, when he scores (at least in the NFCCG) you could see he was jumping for joy, not doing a pre-planned celebration

7. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I like Larry F. He's a Marquee player with a great attitude.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    *stares at RTL*

He always has.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Sure is. He's also in a great situation!

Whisenhunt is awesome!!!! So is Harbaugh!!!

10. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    be an ******* LT and demand more money so we get rid of your washed up old ***!:tdown:

11. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I think LT will hang around for another few years.

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just so you know - I poured your sorry-*** Bud Light out & laughed at your dumb-***.

*****. :yes:

13. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    It's amazing (and by amazing I mean sad) how you twist every post to make it a Norv sucks! one, and before you start with you're innocente "what did I say?" BS, we ALL know what you're implying :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No. You twisted it. Whisenhunt and Harbaugh are awesome. Just ask the players.

Ask the players what they think of Norv. Oh... we did.
    Remember Osgood's comments?

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I had a dream...

LT - Look AJ I will sign this contract only if you get a player that will put us over the top.

AJ - What do you have in mind LT.

LT - A KICKER!! :icon_rofl:

16. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    [​IMG]

Strikes again!! :icon_finger:

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    NICE!!! :lol:

18. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Ask Stephen Cooper and Jaques Cesair. I heard both of them EMPHATICALLY say that Norv was a great coach, live, on the radio. Jaques Cesair actually brought it up himself while in studio with Akbar [a vocal non-fan of Norv] to dispute the negative things that Akbar had been saying about the man.

So if you want to go with Osgood, who has an agenda, be my guest. But please spare us from using his bitterness as fact.

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Most players are not going to come out and say "our coach is bad," even if they feel that way. That is, unless you're a head case like TO.

We all know about Osgood's disappointment about not getting any chances at WR but he still plays like a demon on Special Teams. I think he NOW realizes that if he goes elsewhere, he'll probably still play on Special Teams.

I agree that there are certain parts of Osgood's character that remain questionable but if you're going to tell me that he's the only player on the team that feels that way... I'm NOT buying!!!

Besides... actions speak louder that words. When you look at the Ravens, Cardinals, Steelers, etc. sidelines. You see passion and the players having full confidence in the leadership of their HC.
    You don't see that on the Chargers side lines. Just a bunch of great athletes trying to figure things out on their own.

20. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    :icon_rofl:

Where exactly are these season tickets of yours? Sounds like obstructed view.... or maybe you're just legally blind hanging out in the upper view? No, no, I know! You don't like to watch with your eyes open.

You have got to be the most deluded person I have ever "met" :lol:

And just for the record - I never said you had to buy into the idea that ALL the players love Norvellous. I simply pointed out that your assertion that the entire team doesn't believe in their HC based on Osgood's comments were hardly a fact.

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Plaza 25 (hardly obstructed), 20/20 vision, and I wouldn't spend $1,000 a year to keep my eyes shut for 3 hours. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you're laughing at or why. I guess you see excitement on the Chargers sidelines after we win a big game. So what?
    Here's some examples of how much the Chargers sideline is inspired by Norv...
    I was at the game in Jacksonville last season on the Visiting Side. I watched their bench through the whole game. The players did not want to be there from the start.
    Remember the way the bench look in Kansas City this season? Until the last three minutes, they couldn't have played worse.

Sure, the bench looked great in the last regular season game against Denver. Cause we beat up a bad team.
    Steelers, Cardinals, Ravens, ect. are always focused, prepared, and upbeat... because their coach makes it that way.

With that said... I'm sure there are some players that don't agree with Osgood's comments but I'm willing to bet that there are A LOT more that do!!!

22. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    POST OF THE YEAR!!!!11!!!11!

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Gotta disagree. NO post will EVER beat this one!!! :abq1: :abq2: :icon_banana: :flag:

24. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    and there you go, you are so predictable

25. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Do you have some way to prove or measure this? You make these asinine statements all the time and you LOVE to uses **** that is impossible to quantify.

So when our guys appear to be fired up, excited or whatever else, you conveniently ignore that, and then state that everyone else has passion like there's any f*cking way on the planet to know one way of the other.

Fact is you have a hard on for Norv, so anything you see that feeds that hatred gets registered, and everything else that is contrary to your beliefs is conveniently ignored.

26. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Perhaps he has trouble seeing through his SCARY contacts.

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    WOW... I guess they sent you on a mission to follow me around, huh?
    Concudan has a collar and leash on you!!! Will you get a treat tonight? :hilarious:

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Osgood did NOT play like a demon on ST this year. Quit watching the ball & watch the GAME.