1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Team Report: Inside Slant

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    <TABLE class=bdy style="TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=5></TD><TD width=590>
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> var currentTab = 0;function changeTab(tabId, newClass) { if (DOM) { document.getElementById(tabId).className = newClass; } else if (IE4) { document.all[tabId].className = newClass; }}function overTab(tabId) { if (DOM) { var e = document.getElementById(tabId); } else if (IE4) { var e = document.all[tabId]; } if (e.className != "tabOn") e.className = "tabOver";}function offTab(tabId) { if (DOM) { var e = document.getElementById(tabId); } else if (IE4) { var e = document.all[tabId]; } if (e.className != "tabOn") e.className = "tabOff";}function changeDiv(tabId, tabSet) { if (tabId == currentTab) return; for (i=1; i < tabSet.length; i++) { //alert(tabSet[0]); newClass = "tabOff"; if (tabSet[0] == tabId || tabSet[1] == tabId) { showLayerDisplay(tabSet[1]); changeTab(tabSet[0], 'tabOn'); } else { hideLayerDisplay(tabSet[1]); changeTab(tabSet[0], 'tabOff'); } } currentTab = tabId;}function hideLayerDisplay(whichEl) { //alert("hideLayerDisplay =" + whichEl); if (IE4) { document.all[whichEl].style.display = "none"; } else if (DOM) { var e = document.getElementById(whichEl); e.style.display = "none"; }}function showLayerDisplay(whichEl) { //alert("showLayerDisplay =" + whichEl); if (IE4) { document.all[whichEl].style.display = ""; } else if (DOM) { var e = document.getElementById(whichEl); e.style.display = ""; }}</SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="49%"><!-- Sporting News Team Report --><!-- begin team report--><TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHdr1><TD>Team Report

February 27, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Posted: 7 hours ago
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript> var currentTab = 0;function changeTab(tabId, newClass) { if (DOM) { document.getElementById(tabId).className = newClass; } else if (IE4) { document.all[tabId].className = newClass; }}function overTab(tabId) { if (DOM) { var e = document.getElementById(tabId); } else if (IE4) { var e = document.all[tabId]; } if (e.className != "tabOn") e.className = "tabOver";}function offTab(tabId) { if (DOM) { var e = document.getElementById(tabId); } else if (IE4) { var e = document.all[tabId]; } if (e.className != "tabOn") e.className = "tabOff";}function changeDiv(tabId, tabSet) { if (tabId == currentTab) return; for (i=1; i < tabSet.length; i++) { //alert(tabSet[0]); newClass = "tabOff"; if (tabSet[0] == tabId || tabSet[1] == tabId) { showLayerDisplay(tabSet[1]); changeTab(tabSet[0], 'tabOn'); } else { hideLayerDisplay(tabSet[1]); changeTab(tabSet[0], 'tabOff'); } } currentTab = tabId;}function hideLayerDisplay(whichEl) { //alert("hideLayerDisplay =" + whichEl); if (IE4) { document.all[whichEl].style.display = "none"; } else if (DOM) { var e = document.getElementById(whichEl); e.style.display = "none"; }}function showLayerDisplay(whichEl) { //alert("showLayerDisplay =" + whichEl); if (IE4) { document.all[whichEl].style.display = ""; } else if (DOM) { var e = document.getElementById(whichEl); e.style.display = ""; }}</SCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Norv Turner's ears are as keen as his ability to draw up offensive plays.

<!-- FOXBITE -->He hears the talk. He hears the chatter about being handed the Chargers job despite being a two-time loser (58-82-1) as an NFL head coach. He can decipher the yakking about being nothing more than a lap dog for demanding general manager A. J. Smith.
    Shout out that same refrain to general manager A. J. Smith and he disagrees. He brushes off comments that he settled for Turner, and that his first head-coaching hire was a safe pick.
    "Safe pick doesn't mean anything to me," Smith said. "It was the right pick. I don't categorize them."
    But Smith's choice did little to ease the fears in a Charger Nation all too familiar with Turner's mishaps in Washington and Oakland. Chargers fans, to put it lightly, have done little more than shrug over Smith's surprising pick.
    "The fans shrug all the time," Smith added. "They shrugged when I was (named) general manager, they shrugged when Drew Brees left town. People shrug. They just want a winner, so we will see if we can do that."
    Turner is upbeat that the Chargers will have a seamless transition with him. The offensive playbook the Chargers still lug around is the one Turner once plopped in their lap some six off seasons ago.
    Cam Cameron, the Chargers' offensive coordinator after Turner left in 2001, has done little tinkering with Turner's scheme. Why should he? That offense led the league in scoring last year.
    "The offense I installed (in 2001) is the one we run," Turner said. "Cam Cameron worked for me for three years in Washington and he's done a great job with these players. I think those are things we can build on.
    "I know when players come into that first minicamp, they're going to run the same things -- the ones who have been here for five years -- they're going to run the same things they've been running for five years. Talking to some of the players (recently), there's certainly a comfort level and a relief. The staff is in place and I think in those areas we're going to hit the ground running. " He better. The Chargers are anticipating a deep run in the playoffs, something Schottenheimer couldn't do despite his considerable regular-season success.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67068&type=InsideSlant

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Preach it, Brother!!:yes: :tup: :bolt: