1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Team Report: Inside Slant

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltsFanUK, Aug 7, 2007.

1. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Wide receiver Craig Davis' chance could come sooner than he expected.

Davis, the team's first-round pick out of Louisiana State, will have the spotlight find him after Eric Parker was lost for 10 weeks with a toe injury.
    "I think he is going to have an impact," said James Lofton, the team's wide receivers coach and a Hall of Famer. "You watch him, and every day he seems to get a little better and little more confident."

Davis was overshadowed a bit at LSU, what with playing with No. 1 pick JaMarcus Russell at quarterback and Dwayne Bowe starting opposite Davis.

While the talented Bowe, who was drafted by the Chiefs, didn't mind tooting his own horn, the more soft-spoken Davis let his play do his talking. Davis exited LSU with 141 receptions, seventh all-time on the school's list.

"He was more outspoken," Davis said of Bowe. "He said a lot and I was kind of the guy who would just try to leave it out there on the field.

"In a way it motivated me to do better. Not actually go out there and prove him wrong -- it's not all about that -- but I'm a competitor."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67068&type=InsideSlant