1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Team Report: Inside Slant

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltsFanUK, Aug 7, 2007.

1. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Wide receiver Craig Davis' chance could come sooner than he expected.

Davis, the team's first-round pick out of Louisiana State, will have the spotlight find him after Eric Parker was lost for 10 weeks with a toe injury.
    "I think he is going to have an impact," said James Lofton, the team's wide receivers coach and a Hall of Famer. "You watch him, and every day he seems to get a little better and little more confident."

Davis was overshadowed a bit at LSU, what with playing with No. 1 pick JaMarcus Russell at quarterback and Dwayne Bowe starting opposite Davis.

While the talented Bowe, who was drafted by the Chiefs, didn't mind tooting his own horn, the more soft-spoken Davis let his play do his talking. Davis exited LSU with 141 receptions, seventh all-time on the school's list.

"He was more outspoken," Davis said of Bowe. "He said a lot and I was kind of the guy who would just try to leave it out there on the field.

"In a way it motivated me to do better. Not actually go out there and prove him wrong -- it's not all about that -- but I'm a competitor."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67068&type=InsideSlant