1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Teams we need to root for in week 15

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Dec 13, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    San Diego (of course) vs San Francisco.

St. Louis vs Kansas City

Pittsburgh vs NY Jets

New Orleans @ Baltimore

Denver @ Oakland

Indianapolis vs Jacksonville

We have tiebreakers in all tied wildcard situations.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    The Jacksonville/Indy game doesn't matter either way for us.

If Indianapolis wins then the best either can do is finish 10-6, which is a tie with us where we get the tiebreaker. (Assuming San Diego wins out, of course)

If Jacksonville wins Indy is 9-7 at best and Jacksonville wins their division making their record compared to ours irrelevant.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I root for the Chargers to take care of business. If they need this much help, then they should have gotten ready sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    They're better than we are; we're not good enough. We shouldn't be thinking about beating these 49ers; we shouldn't be talking about it, 'cause the Bolts ain't good enough. And you guys shouldn't write about us being a playoff team and all that bull stuff--that's malarkey. We ain't good enough to beat those guys and it was proven out there today. It's that simple. We're not good enough yet. We've got a long way to go; we've got a lot of work to do; we're close, and close don't mean shiit. And you can put that on TV for me. I'm tired of coming close, and we're gonna work our asses off until we ain't close anymore, and it may take some time; we're gonna get it done; we aren't in their--we aren't good enough. They're better than us--black and white, simple, fact!

"Could've, would've, should've" is the difference in what I'm talking about! The good teams don't come in and say "Could've." They get it done! All right? It's that simple! I'm tired of saying "Could've, should've, would've." That's why we ain't good enough yet! 'Cause we're saying "Could've" and they ain't!

I'm pissed off right now. You bet your a s s I am. I'm sick of coulda, woulda, shoulda, coming close, if only.

:D:D:D

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074

I have said it before, if you do not control your destiny, you do not deserve to be there. If KC Losses one more game, we control our own destiny. IF KC does not lose one more game, then with the way this team played this year, they do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

6. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I don't think so H8er, I think KC HAS to lose to Oak or lose two more games

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Huh ?

I thought if KC drops one more game and we win out we win all tie breakers. We both end up 10-6. I think we win ????

• Like Like x 1
  8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Nope, the Chargers have the tie breaker already so the Chiefs only have to lose one more game. At that point, the Chargers and chiefs would have the same record as the Chargers, but since the Chargers have the tie breaker, the division would be SD's.

Best way to secure a division win for the Chiefs is to win out, which isn't likely if Cassel misses any more games

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Especially if they keep their total offensive output to 80 yards and they don’t put any more points up on the board

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I'm good with that.

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That is what I thought. Cool. Then we are good to go.

Watch both teams LOSE and the drama continues to next week. Things get really interesting just like a horse race.

12. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    At this point 9-7 is not mathematically eliminated from the wildcard. We can still get the 6 seed at 9-7.

If NYJ goes 1-2 (not unlikely), and/or Baltimore loses out Jags and Colts could both make the playoffs. Both would be bumped by us for the 6 seed if we do end up 9-7.

Yes its extremely convoluted, but its just cleaner if the AFCS beats up on eachother.

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Thanks. What a mind fck to figure out.

At 9-7 along with a Chiefs 9-7, we still win and get our seed regardless.....I think....

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Be that as it may, I'd rather the Chargers be in the playoffs than not be in the playoffs. In order for them to be in the playoffs they need a bit of help so I'll gladly root for other teams to win.

And we don't need to root for ALL of that to happen, it's just that if all of it does it increases the odds.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    KC winning or losing another game is independent of what San Diego does from here on out.

Yet, here we stand and San Diego is not in control of their own destiny, so according to your claim they do not deserve the playoffs. But, you're telling me that if Kansas City loses one more game suddenly this same team with all the same mistakes they made to this point of the season suddenly deserves it?

Makes no sense to me.

Ideally I'd like for the Chargers to control their destiny throughout the season but that doesn't always happen.

A team would have to finish 13-3 or better every year to always be in control of their destiny throughout the season.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    This is true.

They either have to lose to both Tennessee and St Louis, or just Oakland for us to win it by winning the next 3.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Not true.

If KC beats Oakland and the Chargers win out both teams are 3-3 in the division shifting the tiebreaker to common games, which KC owns.

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I may not be as extreme as H8R to say they don't "deserve" the playoffs if they need too much help but I still agree with the sentiment to the extent of saying they need to take care of their own business and finish 10-6, not 9-7.

That being said, if we're going to hope to increase our chances at getting in at 9-7 "just in case" that means we need to root for Jacksonville in that game. Jacksonville wins the AFC South and Indy can't do better than 9-7.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Only if one of the two losses the Chiefs get in that scenario is to Oakland and San Diego's loss isn't to Denver.

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    IF the Chargers win every game for the rest of the 2010 season, will they go to the playoffs?

The answer is

NO.

Therefore the Chargers do not control their destiny, so therefore they do not deserve to be in the playoffs, it is that simple.

How many times does this need to be explained to you?

21. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    ???

how can you make that claim? and don't tell me about what other teams have to do or not do.

If we win 10 games, we might make the playoffs. so, we don't deserve it??

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    we can win every game and not make the playoffs.

We need some other teams to lose, do we not?

so if the season ended today, we are not in the playoffs.

NFL.com news: Playoff Picture 2010

23. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

fixed. ;)

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    you can think what you want to. But we need other teams to lose for that to happen. We need the Jets and the Ravens to lose 2 times in the last 3 games to even be considered for the Wild Card. And we all know what game the Chiefs have to lose for us to get in as the AFC West Champs. Therefore right now, today, we do not control our own destiny. We lost control of that when we let the Raiders come into our house and beat us.

25. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    you are correct saying we don't control our destiny.

but you are wrong saying if we win out we will NOT make the playoffs. cause you don't know what other teams are going to do.

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    None of it matters. I have been told by countless fans taht the team will be one and done if they make it, so who cares...

27. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    true dat!!!

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    but those teams control thier own destiny. They know if they WIN, they will advance. Its a lot easier to prepare for and play a game when you know what you need to do, instead of watching the scoreboard while you are playing.

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    H8R, if they miss the playoffs at 10-6 they have only themselves to blame. I get that. But it's a bit much to say they dont deserve the playoffs because they needed help to get there.

30. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    but I am a fan, I love having my gut ripped out, besides I need to lose some of that weight.