1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tenth straight Black Hole blackout

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Posted by Mike Florio on October 7, 2010 6:55 PM ET

When the Raiders host the Chargers on Sunday, the Oakland Coliseum won't be sold out.

For the tenth straight time.

And so, per Jerry McDinald of the Bay Area News Group, the game will be blacked out locally.

The Bills game also is blacked out, and the Lions have obtained an extension.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I like how they always try to be condescending about how they're "diehard" and nobody else is, yet, just like any other team, their fans don't show up as much when they're losing.

3. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    hey guys just so know we have had two (games blacked out) in row and have only sold out one (cheataroos) game so far. so lets not throw stones

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    While that's certainly true we're not the fanbase that parades around the country in Halloween costumes beating our chests about how we're the most diehard fans in the nation while our home games don't sell out.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    While we too haven't sold out our first two home games, we still put more asses in the seats. We've had around 62,000 at each game. Last Raider game had 32,000-33,000.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    RAIDERS SUCK

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The Turds had 32,000 people at their last home game. That's beyond pathetic. That might be the lowest attendance in the NFL since the lame duck Oilers played their last season in Houston.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Whether we like it or not, fans not going to the game is really the only way they have to show the organization they aren't happy with how things are going. On top of that, Oakland has a 10.6% unemployment, just like San Diego. It is rough times for all.

With that said, the Raiders also had a blackout the last home playoff game they had when the economy was MUCH better, and things were going good for the org. That is pretty pathetic

9. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Chiefs have sold out every game except last year's Browns game (The Toilet Bowl - 2009) since 1990. The fans taking off one game in 20 years isn't so bad. I mean it's not like we've exactly been world-beaters over that span either.

I actually remember the last Chiefs game to be blacked out before last year's debacle. It was 1990. The Chiefs were playing the Seahawks. The Gulf War was starting up in full swing and my parents were overseas. As worried as I was about them, I was sitting in my room listening to the radio as Derrick Thomas racked up a record 7 sacks against Seattle QB Dave Krieg. Unfortunately, on the last play of the game, Krieg slipped out of his arms and threw up a desperation pass caught in the endzone for a dramatic Seattle win. Derrick went on to have 20 sacks that year, but that one got away. The Chiefs went on to the playoffs and lost to Miami.

Two years later, Dave Krieg moved into the house down the street and became the Chiefs starting QB.

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Its Halloween year round up there

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    is that counting the 10,000 seagulls?