1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Terrell Davis tells Deion (and all you doubters) to STFU!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I read it early, wasn't sure if anyone posted it. But it's definitely a great read. Terrel Davis, another RB who knew what's up. :)thumbup1: for being a local Lincoln High product)

LT is not a puss.

3. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    • Like Like x 1
  4. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Why is it did LT pussout... he took himself out of the game because he was hurt and he could not play. He did the right thing , he said himself he couldn't help out, and that Turner and Sproles could help out much better. He was right. I don't think he pussed out, I just didn't like the stone statue of him on that bench. He did get up I saw ,but he wouldn't take that stupid helmet off . If only he took that helmet off.That was embarssing to watch. He needs to know how to handle himself when losing infront of millions of people if he is going to be the icon of the team.Supporting your team is apart of being a good teammate. In no way did he puss out though . He just was hurt and nobody can say he was weak or pussed out because he was hurt. If a guy can't play they can't play leave it at that.

LT didn't puss out, his demeanor was the problem.

5. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Great article, and I will say, I was a bit taken back by LT just sitting on the bench most of the time. However, I would never judge another by what I "think" might be an incorrect action based on things I know nothing about.
    Reading what Davis had to say, makes me see exactly what LT was thinking and why.
    It was good to read something written by someone who knows LT's injury, and his mindset.
    So, let's see...03 seperated shoulder, played...04 strained groin, played...05 cracked rib, played.
    This is about the time all the fake fans, bring their lame "let's crap on LT" thoughts...I never thought I'd be embarrassed to be a Charger fan...but then, I didn't realize a few idiots could come off with something this stupid...never underestimate the masses, just when you think you've heard it all, someone steps up and makes you realize there are a few who can go lower than you ever thought.

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I can't believe that anybody who calls themselves a fan of this team would believe that. What the hell has this guy EVER done to make people think he would sit when he could play. It was probably killing him that he couldn't play.

I've torn my knee four times in my life, and they all hurt like ****. I could barely walk, much less think about doing anything athletic.

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :icon_rofl:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This don't mean ****...Terrell Davis wasn't there swilling beer and he doesn't go to TG's and do beer bongs and bowls and ****.

He's jes another player, so who cares.

9. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    great article.

I'm glad to see someone in the public eye supporting LT.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Now I haven't read every thread on this, but I was thinking about the Colts game again. Harrison couldn't finish that game, and he sat on the bench. He didn't stand up and try to encourage his team he just sat there. Where was the outrage for that?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nice read. Hate the Donks, but always admired TD.

LT doubters can go suck a lemon .... or whatever. :icon_eek:

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_huh::icon_huh::icon_huh:

13. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Terrell Davis also suffers from migraine headaches. During the Donks' first SB victory..... TD got a Migraine in the first quarter. He was taken back and treated and then brought out to the bench so as not to alert the Packers that something was wrong.

I'll try to make this short. TD was sitting there on the bench and could see little more than shadows a few feet in front of him when Shanahan knelt down in front of him and told him that they needed him in for a play.... He recalls the "Coach, I can't see" and the responses of We need you.... you'll just be a decoy. They went back and forth like this for a minute or so before Shanahan finally won the argument. Shanahan guided TD out to the field... yet it just looked like he had his arm around him as he gave him some last minute instructions.

Anyway, the play went off well, TD went back to the bench... His migraine resolved and he want on to have a great game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    People will make their medical prognostications ala Dr. Trumpy, people will say 'his demeanor was a problem' based on a few seconds of Television footage. Facts wont dissuade and of them.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That is true, but what is the point? TD was a tough SOB, just like LT is. Are you saying LT should have been in as a decoy?

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I know... It would have been soo much better to just say "NO ONE GETS A PASS FROM ME!":yes:

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

damn right

but, then again, I'm not a true fan because all I want is a Lombardi shirt and hat with the Bolt on it

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I guess the multiple eyewitness accounts from those who attended LIVE means nothing.

If you had called me from that game and said "LT sat on the bench the whole 4th quarter" and then you see shots of the sphinx in action on TV backing it up and then when you get home you post he was on the bench the whole 4th quarter and deduce like any sane human being that he was sulking, guess what?

You are a bad fan. :yes:

Funny that huh?

Only in a forum.

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Thank you Jim Trotter and Terrell Davis! :icon_toast:

20. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    That's a Vrabel level cheap shot mixed in with a little Southern Texas cow manure.

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    A migrane, I'd believe, is easier to play with effectively then a sprained MCL. And a Migrane your not as awkward in your movements and as lacked in your cutting ability as a sprained MCL

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jesus wept

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    :icon_huh::icon_huh::icon_huh:

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I've never had a migraine, so I can't say whether or not I could go out and perform while having one. But I'm hoping that the point of Carrie's observation is this:

If TD, one of the toughest SOBs to ever play the RB position, doesn't question LTs heart and toughness... then no one should.

Is that the point, Carrie?

All anyone can really bag on him for now is his lack of asspatting and cheerleading on the sidelines.

Big fukkin' deal... it obviously didn't affect the way his teammates or coaches feel about him. And that's really all that matters anyway.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Show me those... Then read the articles. But don't let facts get in your way. I know you love inventing BS to tear players down.

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I you say so, sounds like a bit of pot/kettle syndrome to me...

You say tomAto, they say tomaaato.

27. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    So what I'm understanding is Trumpy has ragged on LT for not playing through it??
    I would like to get a feel for who the real idiots are in here...Due to my job, and whatnot, I don't get to spend allot of time in here, so sometimes things get past me.
    Does anyone know who all the LT killers are?

EDIT: O.K. just read Trumpy's answer to one of my posts in another thread...and I'm relieved.
    Just as long as no one questions his heart to play, then we are all fine.
    As for the sitting on the bench, I do think that's fair game...to a point.
    We all realize LT is the type of person who takes things very serious, and takes them to heart...so when he can't play in the most important game he's EVER been in, of coarse he's going to take that to heart, and he's going to be very down about it.
    Remember, all week he was hoping with all his heart to go at close to full strength...now the realization sets in that he can't.
    OF COARSE HE'S GOING TO FEEL BROKEN
    I don't care if he's up a cheering or not, it's not going to get our 4 hurt pro-bowlers playing any better, and we still lose that game...END OF STORY.

28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :no: I think he's backed off that aspect of LTs "puss-ness" and is now focusing in on the lack of cheerleading in the 4th qtr by the best player in the history of this franchise. :unsure:

29. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I hope SNL does a skit on this cheerleader stuff or lack thereof. I have some ideas if they need them.... It's become a joke. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  30. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Was absolutely not making any comparisons. Not at all. :icon_huh::icon_shrug: