1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Texans fire Gary Kubiak

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    After going 12-4 last year and collapsing this year, not a surprise.

3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    From the folks on my site I've been talking to, sounds like McNair (Texans owner) stated in his press conference that has stated he's intent on going the route of someone with both prior NFL and HC experience - which is pretty common for an owner that's fresh off being burned by the hire of a offensive-guru, first-time HC. Now, granted, that's what a lot of owners tend to say initially too when they, and their fans, still have hope of prising one of the big name former coaches turned analysts before discovering how comfortable in their cushy, highly-paid current job that requires a heck of a lot less travel and isn't a 6 day/wk gig.

Being that they will likely be looking to jumpstart their offense with a new QB in place, I'll be surprised if they don't at least offer Whisenhunt an interview.

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +236
    If Shaw can get any NFL gig to start his career with, I think the Texans just might be the best one. He's locked up write now on contract but Kiffen found a way out of the Vols contract overnight and left to USC. That team is a good QB from being what the Seahawks, Bengals, Colts are a good team with good young QB on its squad.

5. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    He was a 1 year rental anyways..

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    I don't know about you guys but I'd be fine trading them Whisenhunt for Wade Phillips.

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    As would I. I don't think Wade's got terribly long left (not that I think he's going to die any time soon, but with his own semi-recent health scares plus his father's death this year, I can see him getting to that "feeling your own mortality" point before long), but he's got enough in him to right the ship here and prep a successor (Reggie Herring was who he had with him in Dallas and Houston, wouldn't be a bad pickup for similar duty).

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I'd rather they could somehow get Chuck Noll back to coach defense. Phillips wouldn't even make a decent pimple on his arse!!!!!!!! Another original Bolt coach that did great things after leaving the Dego. Yes there are many,sad but true.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    And for your next magic trick, how about resurrecting Don Coryell?

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    Pssh... we'll go on a quest for the Necronomicon, Ant, so that we can reanimate the corpse of Sid Gillman.:laugh: Zombies are in vogue right now, aren't they?

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    One of the morning pre-game shows said that Whissy-wig is high on the list of potential head coaches for Texans.

12. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,643
    I was thinking Coryell because he can team with the Son of Bum and they can lay waste to the NFL while Coryell screams the whole time "I don't belong in the HOF right?"

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    Well, Don would make a pretty awesome zombie...

[​IMG]