1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans Tailgater

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rexy2006, Oct 26, 2007.

1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    So glad to hear the game will be played in :bolt:Our House:bolt: this Sunday.

I recently got tix and cant pick them up until 10am, off Rosecrans, near where the 5 and 8 meet.

How would people suggest I get to the stadium after picking up my tix? I've heard its too dang late to try and drive in by then, take the trolley. (But then i cant bring beer.):icon_toast:

Advice would be welcome.

Also this could be the thread for people to plan on what to bring on Sunday, when they will get there, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    No coolers on the trolley?

that sucks.

Let let us shiit faced ON the train from GR to Chicago

:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Dude .. you can totally bring coolers and stuff on the trolley .. I see many people doing it. I saw a group actually carrying 18 packs of Bud Light on the trolley for the Raider game.

What section is everyone in? I tried to find you guys (albeit really early .. 9:00ish) and couldn't find you during the Raider game. I got caught up in A3/B3 after that and wasn't able to get over to you guys.

4. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Please translate.:icon_huh:

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Anyone know what time the parking lot opens?

Me and Mrs Lash will be there as early as I can get her there. we're bringing mimosa fixings and lil smokies in Ray's BBQ sauce..
    Also my next door neighbor is looking for two tix as well. He's the only Texans fan I've ever met, but a great guy and his kids are always very cool to my disabled son. Can't wait to see ya all there and I'll try not to injure myself at th tailgate this time.:lol:

Damn I'm glad tghey get to have this game in SD!:flag:

6. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    I know, I think gramps has put on the Python albums and started partying a lil early:lol:

7. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    A buddy of mine has his daughter involved with the Charger Cheeleaders (some pre-teen Cheerleader thing).. Anyway, he told me that he has to check in at 8am. I don't know if the parking lot opens at that time but it may.

8. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    are you asking about Trumpet Dudes tailgate ? The location is a few yards from the Budweiser Entertainment Area front entrance .. from the trolly/Friars RD its on the west side of the stadium .. hopefuly someone here will paste a pic of the parking lot to show you where this weeks "Ho-Down" is really located .. believe me you will know where once you hear Trumpet sounding the Charge !!!

btw i am bringing the grill & marinaded pollo .. i also plan on taking an extra cooler with ice for those who want to use it for whatever !!!

:bolt::tup::bolt:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    The Junior Charger Girls is a very good program. If I remember correctly tailgaters were setting up at 8am last year.

Rexy, I think you'll have plenty of time to leave Atlas at 10am and make it into the parking lot. Take Midway or Rosecrans (towards Mission Bay) to 8 east.

The cheerleaders will be wearing their halloween costumes Sunday. :yes:

10. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    :nana_guitar:also Best Game of the Year because it Chargers Cheerleader Halloween!:abq1::drool::icon_eek::abq1:

MrsLash was gonna make me a Charegr Elvis outfit to wear, but ran out of time. maybe next year

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Gates open at 8AM.

We get in line around 7:30 am off Friars Road.
    We park between F-3 and G-3 close to the Chargers fan zone.

Rexy - 10am is still good to get in the game. So is 10:45am. Just park as close to us as possible and rock and roll.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Tailgating Tips:

Tents - Make sure they are NO larger than 10'x10' or they encroach on the adjacent parking spaces and the cops love to ticket for this heinous act.

GLASS - NO GLASS. The cops are passing out tickets left and right so you have been warned.

ARRIVAL TIMES - Forget getting in the parking lot after 11am. Go to a trolley station. Gates open at 8am. Cost to park = $20.00. Motorhomes = $150.00. Parking lot closes 1 1/2 hours after the game.

TRASH BAGS - As simple as this may seem, most forget to bring a trash bag.

Game Face - Nothing less than your "A" game for every tailgater and for god sakes - bring plenty of water and BEER !!! :icon_party::icon_toast:

13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    It would be great, absolutley great to see a full stadium on the tube this Sunday.

You folks need to make noise at this one. Make us long distance fans proud.

Get er done lil smokies!

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    partys back on. Time to have fun again. Geez. What a week.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    ill show up with a good friend of mine (and it'll be her FIRST charger game, so show her some love!)

16. TheLash

Ratings:
    +715
    I'll admit I don't make alot of games, but i've never seen you with the same woman twice i think:icon_wink: you romeo you:lol:

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    :whistling:

18. reddenedbeard

Ratings:
    +112
    I will look again .. I hope to have more time as it sounds like we are parking in that area this time.. Are there Bolttalk banners!?

19. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Just ask where the Trumpet playing dude is

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have been lagging on the banners and will bring one for this game. :tup:

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Just look at the cross hair in the center of the screen, he is just about in that spot

http://www.flashearth.com/ click on this link

you can scroll in and out by using the the tool on the right.

To get rid of that black box in the center just move your mouse curser into it, than click on it.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Do you have the link for the map of the Murph?

You posted a link one time and I did not save it.

That is a good map to show homies where we roll

edit: hahahahh - you posted what I was asking for at the same time I post this

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Bingo!!!! :tup:

Whoever is reading this will find us now with the map/link above

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    just dont move it around, it will stay in the last place you where looking at.

Save it, and you can use it.

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I use it all the time, when I have to go somewhere that I have never been to before; I familiarize myself with landmarks and such. Yahoo Maps will get me there, but Flash earth will show me what it looks like.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yahoo maps has that hybrid version which gives you Flash Earth like shots of the area but the quality is better with Flash Earth.

I wanted to also say that speech you gave on behalf of your son is something I will never forget at the last tailgater. :icon_toast: That was cool the way you said you were proud of him and drank your first beer with him also at the tailgater. We all wish him well and safe travels while in Iraq and Afghanistan. :tup:

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_party::icon_party:

:lol::lol::lol:

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072

As an Umpire, I am required to talk with my partner the night before our Game. We go over all the details. One of those being what we are going to drive, and where we are going to park. With Flash Earth, if my partner tells me he is going to park by the Tennis Courts at Steele Canyon High School, then we have a walk to get to the Baseball field, I will go to Steele Canyon High School on Flash Earth, and I all ready have made a mental note of everything! Or if I am being sent to a School that I have never been to before, and I will be the only Umpire, I have all ready scouted that School out via Flash Earth. I find that program very useful.

That speech caught him off gaurd, but I meant it.

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Party on!

30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    What to bring:

Anything you can think of including your ***:

Chips
    Beer
    Water
    Sodas
    Dip

Dmercado has a grill and we are cooking up the grub much faster this year so heads up (15 pounds of carne and chicken asada).

For the early arrivals, there will be mimosas (champagne and Orange juice) so if you want to bring champagne or orange juice, this is the traditional morning drink until beer thirty.

It is ON. :icon_party: