1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Texas man exonerated for killing burglars

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by in_a_days, Jun 30, 2008.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Texas kicks ***

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This is a prime example of what woulda happened if Mansker had come shooting up my neighborhood that night.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    If that were CA dude would be facing the death penalty, the ACLU, and the two criminals would own his home.

4. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I've got to say it though Toby, I still don't consider this one to be a "righteous shoot". Don't know, wasn't there - and I DO admire that Texas law extends/acknowledges the right of a man to defend his property, up to and including deady force (despite what CNN is crying about). Just the same - this particular one (Houston, not Mankidiot) was "controversial" (even in Texas) for good reason IMO.

Edited: There is certainly a different spin on the news coming out of Houston as v/s CNN.. ;)
    [SIZE=+2]Grand jury clears Joe Horn in controversial Pasadena shootings

[/SIZE]

• Like Like x 1
  5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I think it's a lot different than Mansker. Mansker was an officer looking for a fight, this was a man looking to protect his neighborhood.

Foley was not a threat when he was shot. These criminals were in the middle of committing a crime.

We had a case similar out here a couple years ago. An elderly man killed a thief on his neighbor's property, but the two burglars were already out of the house. Same thing. No trial for the man who killed one of the punks.

This is a better deterrent to crime than any pansy assed program we've seen the Government come up with. Let people protect their homes and their neighborhoods. If you burglarize someone, they have a right to kill you. Pretty simple to me.

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    No prob, Dave, not everyone's gonna belive it was a righteous shoot...gotta tell y'all tho, it's comforting to a guy like me that if some *******(s) is/are jackin **** outta my house, that mebbe onea my neighbors is gonna be lookin after my interests, as I would for them.

9. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    My mother used to say, "If you're gonna shoot a burglar, make sure he's facing you AND he's still in the house. If not, drag him back in!!" She also was all for aiming for the leg, but considering the marksmanship required and the fact that shooting someone in the leg does NOT stop the threat.......well, I took the word of the cops who trained me in firearms handling some years ago, and learned how to stop that threat right in its thievin' tracks.

Luckily, my hubby and I live in a state which recognizes the fact that a man's/woman's home is their castle, and while I'm glad we've never had to confront a stranger in the house at some ungodly hour of the night, I'm also glad we can defend ourselves and our family if necessary without looking at 5 to Life for killing the sumb*tch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :tup:

11. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Right on. :tup:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You choose to live a life of crime, eventually you're going to get what's coming to you (aka: you reap what you sew.)

For example: you never see any old drug dealers. They're always young. The oldest you might see is like 27.
    You can only beat the law for so long. Or in this people's case... pick the wrong house to rob.

13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    sorry people, but we as a country of free law abiding citizens DO NOT have the right to take the law in our own hands

:no:

14. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    "Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life, secondly to liberty, thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can. "

Samuel Adams

• Like Like x 1
  15. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    The way I look at it, the law wasn't there so a citizen enforced the law. That's why we should be allowed to carry a concealed weapon. :conc:

• Like Like x 1
  16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    CHIPPIE!! :icon_eek: :)

17. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I think this is a classic case of bringing a knife to a gun fight. The burglars were threatening this guy and even proceeded to come towards him and this is why they were on his lawn when they were shot. When they saw they were out gunned they tried to take off. But too late they played their cards and lost. If this guy wasn't armed they would of carried out their threat. Maybe people will think twice before they try to rob someone.