1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Marion Barber!!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!, Dec 11, 2011.

1. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Stepping out of bounds then fumbling when driving to beat the Broncos!

2. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    The Cowpies were right to cut him.

Start walking Barber...you f'ing loser.

3. Vardog

Vardog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    No kidding. Now we have to hear Tebow-this and Tebow-that all damn week!! Dammit!

4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    It's not just Barber... it's Rod Marinelli (before Barber even had the opportunity to step out or fumble) who decided that for some reason when greater defensive minds than he had failed doing the exact same thing that he'd still call prevent and nothing but prevent as soon as his team had a two score lead.

I don't understand for the life of me how it is that defensive coordinators can absolutely own Tebow's ability to be an effective passer for 3 quarters only to revert to something different and something that plays the most of his skill set when it comes time to closing out a game. Just stick with what's been working and you'd actually win the damn game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    fatigue

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I don't get why some people want to vote for Tebow as the MVP when his offense scores 13 points a game, his defense deserves more credit

• Like Like x 4
  7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Mostly the hype and the "just wins" philosophy. It's the same people who would have been campaigning for Vince Young to win it his rookie year - though he was deserving of ROTY.

Honestly, wins aside, Cam Newton has a better case for MVP than Tebow does as he's carrying a team with an injury-ridden and absolutely horrible defense still to wins that might keep them out of drafting Top 5. And that's not even considering the number of players with legitimate MVP aspirations like Rodgers, Brees, Brady (if for no other reason than the media jocking him gives him an extra nudge), Demarcus Ware (statistically speaking and he has flat taken over at least 3 games this year). Heck... you could even make a case for Rob Gronkowski over Tebow, but Gronkowski would have no hope because he's receiving those passes from Tom Terrific.

8. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I doubt a defensive player would ever win. It'll be a QB for sure. As far as Ware I don't think he'd even win DPOY though. I'd have to say Suggs, Ngata, then Allen then Ware (this is just my opinion)

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Really depends... the AP loves stats so I could see Jared Allen getting the nod even though his team has a horrid record. Then again, you've got Polamalu last year who wasn't a statistical Top 5 in any category last year and yet won it. So it's possible someone like Ngata gets it, though you're probably right that they would go with Sizzle as the best of both worlds for the voters. Two guys on the same team can tend to divide the voters though and leave the door open for a dark horse candidate...

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Patriots will likely have to keep the Broncos out of the playoffs for a week, but one more win and they face Buffalo and KC after

11. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Yea this whole season I've been leaning towards Ngata as being my DPOY because he's just so disruptive, but with Suggs beasting the last few weeks especially hard, he's sort of pulled ahead there.

If Tebow wins anything, someone needs to be punched in the dick... Rodgers MVP, Brees OPOY

12. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Buffalo game is at home which is crucial. Buffalo did help us out back in '08 against the Broncos hopefully they'll do it again. KC already has a blueprint against Tebow and should be playing as spoiler. I can see a 3 game drop out of them. BUT it all starts against NE.

How yeah did I mention that the chargers also have to undefeated in the remaining games.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    That's the big issue; the Chargers don't have cupcakes in Detroit, Baltimore and yes the Raiders. Denver has a much easier group even if you include New England (which is a likely loss). All it takes is one loss by us, and one win by them. Very like 2008 but I remember denver having a medium road with only Buffalo being the cupcake that they were expected to win

14. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    I don't see us winning next week. Even though they've played great the last two weeks and it IS December afterall, remember it was the Bills and Jags... NOT the Ravens.

15. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    If you're relying on Marion Barber to carry you through all the ****** up mistakes your team made, you have issues.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Oh we have issues all right. Pretty sure that's not in question.

Barber is still a stupid poopface though. Gah! How Marlon McCree of you Marion :mad:

I'm not sure what's more irritating. Donkey's winning a game the Bears should have wrapped up but just, didn't thus hurting our already slim playoff chances... or having to bear through the Tebow suck-off mania... :sick:

• Like Like x 3
  17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Media: It's funny how the trouncing by the Evil Lions is conveniently ignored.

Back to the Bolts: you can't rely on other teams players to bail you out of your own teams' mistakes. Only leads to pulling out hair.

Chargers easily could have taken care of business against Chiefs and Broncos. They didn't. So now we get to watch Tebow take his team to playoffs. The Steelers/Ravens/Pats will kill the Donks. And next year, every team in the nation will have that D worked. That's why you see Elway cringing. No worries.

I just want to see the Bolts figure out a way to get better. The Tebow-led Donks are NOT a team to worry about. They will go nowhere.

18. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Tebow-mania by so much. It's so much more irritating and infuriating than Brady in 2007 (and I HATE Brady) because Tebow doesn't deserve the insane hype. Rodgers deserves all the media time that Tebow is getting (more appropriately, Denver's defence and luck deserve the media time)

19. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Tired of the pass this guy gets. He gets sucked off by the media for the comback when most of the credit should go to the Broncos defense and Matt Prater for hitting a 59 yard FG to force OT, and a 51 yarder to win it. And here's another thought: maybe if Tebow didn't suck so hard for three quarters they wouldn't have needed to come back.

• Like Like x 1
  20. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Barber you f$%&ing wally.
    Im sick of this Tebow crap, I hope the Pats stuff him next week.
    In terms of our division hopes, that was a sickner last night in Denver.

21. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    So Marion Barber screwed up............ yeah it's frustrating and all (Chargers/Norv always good for a tease)

Marion Barber won't be the reason we are gonna be home for New Years. Our players and coaches are the reason. I'm not even going to mention all the 'what ifs....'

Just fire Norv and Manusky minimum and let's go get ourselves a proper coaching team that will finish games aggressively.

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nobody wants to be known as the guy/gal hating on jeebowsus.

23. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Just so annoying the fact that we broke Jay Cutler's thumb and then they play the rest of the divison afterwards- ******* **** **** **** **** **** ****

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    This thread is what happens when you don't handle your own business.

NO ONE to blame but the Bolts.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    This thread is what happens when folks look to blame anyone except the party(ies) responsible.

ALL of them, not just the easy targets.

26. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Preach it brother, we could've beaten the Broncos (and the Chiefs, and the Raiders) earlier in the year, we didn't so we have to rely on Lovie Smith last week and Bill Bellichek this week

• Like Like x 1
  27. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    13 points a game. Lucky number? Sounds more like maybe he made a deal with the prince of darkness, too bad he didn't ask him for the power to throw a pass...

28. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    I do. I'm atheist and hate Tebow.

• Like Like x 1
  29. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    This

30. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Uhh... being mad at Marion Barber for being stupid doesn't mean you don't blame the Bolts for putting themselves in this situation. But thanks for the assumption :p

I root for my Bolts to win and I root for them to have a chance and I HATE it when the Donkey's win or the Raiders win or (sometimes) when the Chiefs win. So yes, I am pissed off at Marion Barber for being a stupid-fumbling-running-out-of-bounds-moron.

Oh and the Tebow media obsession only makes it worse. He gets all the credit while everyone else who was truly responsible for their win or who has actually played WELL this week gets ignored. And it's ALL BARBERS FAULT :cry: :mad: :sick:

**EDIT: I blame him for the Occupy movement too btw - and the worldwide economic struggles - and the rain in Southern California right now and all the car accidents that happen as a result**