1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to Belichick, Patriots are despised team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 19, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Article explains how Belechick has caused the Patriots to forever be associated with cheating. A little homerism, but interesting read. thoughts?

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Once again - phuc Belicheat & the Pats organization. :icon_evil:

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Because we get a sick pleasure out of reading about the public undermining of everything they've done over the last 8 years. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I enjoy watching the suffering that every cheater fan, player, and coach of that pathetic team, has to endure. The doubt about their actual accomplishmnets will be tainted FOREVER. What cracks me up is why would anyone show any sympathy for Bob Kraft. Are we to believe that he actually stood in total ignorance while all this cheating took place?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    I enjoy reading about the Boston media acknowledging their "dynasty" will forever be TAINTED in the eyes of the sports world.

No one outside of NE will ever consider their SBs to be legitimate victories. This includes all the regular season games they won to get there, the post season wins and the SBs.

Brady should be included in this cloud as as well, as how many of his 4th Q drives were the result of knowing exactly what the D was throwing at him. Kind of like taking a final exam and having someone hand you all the answers before the test.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What's really ashame is that I used to like this team.

After the Super Bowl wins, I thought they were bringing AFC Pride back.
    I thought it was super cool the way they'd enter the field announced just as the New England Patriots.
    When they came here for the playoffs in 2006, I was excited because I wanted to beat the best.

First comes that classless celebration.
    Now the spygate situation.
    I guess they were always low lives in disguise. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Footnote: In Friday's Washington Post, NFL reporter Mark Maske quotes former Giants quarterback Phil Simms contending that stolen signals are no guarantee of victory: "'I've been in games where we knew every signal, every call by the other team, and we still lost,' Simms said by telephone yesterday. 'We [the Giants] had the San Diego Chargers' signals in 1980. We knew every signal. We knew every play. We were calling out what they were going to do: 'Here comes this. Here comes that.' They still scored 44 points.'" After more Simms quotes, the article moved to other matters. Who was on the New York Giants' coaching staff in 1980? Bill Belichick and Ernie Adams.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Thumper can you ammend the thread title to read "universally despised Franchise" I think that may be more appropriate linguistically...IMO. Just kidding!

Stan :rivers17:

8. Stan_The_Man_12

Ratings:
    +38

Yeah, at some point some or one Patriots fan(s) will go postal at a stadium and claim it was all caused by the voices he/she kept hearing = cheaters, cheaters, cheaters, cheaters, cheaters, cheaters.

My question is when the Patriots come to Qualcomm how many choruses of CHEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEERRRRSSS!!

Will we hear? especailly if the Bolts are taking Brady and the Patsies to the woodshed.

40 to 50 is my estimate.

9. Blue and gold machine

Blue and gold machine BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    You know what...I have gotten past the spygate thing, the only reason is because they didnt win the super bowl. If I had to listen to 19-0 for the rest of my life I would move to the South Pole and live in an Igloo with no TV.

But now that its over( I think) I cant wait for Oct. 12...I wanna humiliate those bastards so bad!

Not just a win...complete humiliation!!!

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I was never especially fond of this team in the first place, so all I feel now is a soothing schadenfreude.

11. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I must confess that after they screwed the Raiders with that "tuck rule" crap I kinda did have some appreciation for 'em. Remove that and I'm right there with ya.

12. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    What makes me laugh is the authors insistence that the cheating they did, did little to help them win any games.

If that was the case then why would they do it? Why would someone spend time and resources in something that gave you nothing in return?

13. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Not to mention the risk that they ALL knew they were taking in getting caught.

14. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I hear ya. And what a suckup... even in the process of this "journalist" pointing fingers he still tries to cover up for the actual cheating and blame Bellicheats bad reputation on the way Bellicheat handled the fallout. F-ing brainwashed chumps.

And the Quote above goes to PROVE that the cheating mattered. He brags about the '07 season and how they almost made it. THAT'S THE POINT YOU NUMBSKULL!!! Those three other times they DID make it!!! What was difference-maker when the '07 team was supposed to be the greatest team ever assembled??? ONE WORD:

CHEATING!!!!

15. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I have a few problems with this artical;

The big question we cannot answer is how important it all was, really. Did his illegal practice of taping opponents' defensive signals aid his team's chances of victory in certain games by 20 percent? Ten percent? Three percent? One-tenth of 1 percent? Not at all? No one will ever know.

Bullshit. We know it worked. Why cheat in 127+ games? How stupid does this guy think we are?

Bob Kraft should be livid.

Bullshit. That fat bastard knew what was going on.

And now he has to live with the reality that he presides over the most despised and reviled franchise in all of contemporary American sport, and all because the coach he trusted has betrayed him.

Bullshit. See above.

We in New England will make an attempt to separate fact from fiction and real life from fantasy. With so much at stake, we will think it all out, knowing intellectually that what Belichick did, in all likelihood, did not materially affect the biggest games. We know there was no taping of that infamous Rams 2002 walk-through. We know that the issue in Super Bowl XXXVI was the way Martz went away from Marshall Faulk; that the issue in Super Bowl XXXVIII was, well, nothing, really.

Bullshit. Belichick taped the signals in their first game against the Rams that year and used the data to win the Super Bowl later that season.

The sad truth is that he is the best coach. All reasonable people know that the 2007 season was 100 percent legitimate.

Bullshit. Belichick may have stopped videotaping during the 2007 season but you can’t tell me that a known cheater wouldn’t use data he has previously collected on opposing defensive coordinators.

BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT, BULLSHIT!
    AGHHH!

16. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    8 Bullshits in 1 reply? That's got to be a record! :icon_rofl:

:icon_tease:

17. Stan_The_Man_12

Ratings:
    +38
    More Spygate questions Patsies fan don't want anyone bringing up and the NFL keeps trying to cover up [Goodell is a wuss!]

DID PATS TAPE RAMS’ SIGNALS DURING 2001 SEASON?
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2008, 9:45 p.m.
    One issue that has been overlooked by many/most/all of the media, and of which a reader has reminded us recently, is the question of whether the Patriots used their videotaping system on the St. Louis Rams when the two teams met in the 2001 regular season, only a couple of months before Super Bowl XXXVI.

Even though we now know that the Pats didn’t videotape the Rams’ walk-through prior to the game, it doesn’t mean that there was no cheating on the biggest stage in sports.

It’s unclear whether the question has been asked, but it sure doesn’t appear to us that the question has been answered. And it’s a simple question — did the videotaping of defensive coaching signals include the November 18 prime-time game between the two teams, which the Rams won, 24-17?

Of course the Patsies ONLY turned in video of game in the last couple of seasons [which Goodell had destroyed a few days after receving them from the cheating patriots] and denied ever taping in previous years, when Matt Walsh surfaced suddenly this was "OLD" news. Bull! This is one of the biggest scams ever pulled on the football buying public, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, nor do I subscribe to them but nothing about Spygate adds up logically. Nothing! There is no transparency especially since the first set of tapes were destoyed [the evidence] conveniently and now the comish can make up whatever story he wants about their contents or supposed contents.

This spygate thing is not over by a long shot!

18. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    What do you expect from those types of people? Have you ever met one? They think they are gods gift to sports.

The guy says that only they (patriot fans) know what really happened and unfortunately the rest of the country will always see them as cheaters. Uh no, we saw things as they were, they're the ones with the blue and silver shades on. The Pats cheated! Period! Just like those in baseball try to say that steroids don't help batters hit the ball. well that might be the case but it allows them to heal faster or it can allow a Tony Gwinn type of hitter hit further allowing him to get more doubles, tripples and RBI's. Again if steroids didn't help in any way why would players take them? Because of the wonderful tropical fruit flavor?

Patriots cheated. They should deal with it. the sooner they accept it, the sooner people will forget about it.

19. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Here is the thing about the statement above about the issue being that Martz went away from Faulk. If you're playing against a team that knows what you're going to run and that team has good players to defend against your plays then it makes it extremely difficult to call plays the way you normaly do. I mean we're not talking about week one against the Falcons here. This is the superbowl, the top two teams in the league and this guy is telling me that knowing the other teams plays is no big deal? How stupid can these fans be? And these same fans are supposed to be some of the smartest in sports? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! wow. That's rich!

20. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Oh, I don't think people will ever FORGET about it. At least outside of the New England stinkhole region of the world. Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens and others will all pay the ultimate price for cheating and most people will question their accomplishments. At least with baseball, there is a large group of guilty parties unlike the NFL where only ONE TEAM is guilty. They'll be a legend in their own minds and that's about it :lol:

21. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Kraft knew what was going on ..... I think it's comical to try and absolve him of all this poor conduct by his organization. It went on way too long for him to know nothing. Smart business men ask questions about how their business is being run. He is a smart businessman.

22. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    My question is when the Patriots come to Qualcomm how many choruses of CHEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEERRRRSSS!!

Stan :rivers17:[/QUOTE]

Man I hope so. Brady must be getting flat out board playing against... well, I suppose anyone at this point. He needs a reason not to retire. And you may have the solution to his problem. To shut up all the fans who are pissed because no matter how hard their team tries, however many off season moves they make, no matter how many coaching staff changes they make or how many QB's the franchise trades or brings in, he just keeps kicking the sh!t out of them. Christ, what's he lost a dozen or so games since he came into the league? I was honestly concerned Brady would consider going to another team for the challenge, like an Arizona or San Diego, just to show he can win with anyone's baggage.

So please, for the fate of Patriot Nation and the rebirth of a Dynasty, please, and I'm being serious here, please give Brady a reason to run up the score so much that all you JV types keep trying to bring down the Varsity men.

In the end, nothing will change, though. You (and not just you, the fan bases or about 29 or so other teams) will come up with your conspiracies about why your team still is "banging on the door" to sit at the big boys table at Thanksgiving dinner, but the other team must have... whatever, this time it's cheated.

So we're cheaters. Whatever.

Go get your shinebox!
    :patsturn:

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    All this agita and angst are accomplishing nothing. Sir Goodell the Gutless has decided to sweep this under the rug with the connivance of some others in the league who may be guilty of the same things. Since we're too far away from New England to make super soakers effective, I suggest we just get behind handing these punks their heads on the field. Noisily. Make some big CHEATRIOT banners.

24. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    [/QUOTE]

I could be wrong here but didn't your team lose to the JV Giants in the superbowl? How does that make you guys Varsity? Cheating your way to a 16-0 season doesn't really make you guys varsity either.

You facking cheaters can't face reality and it's so entertaining to see. No one likes you guys, no one! How does it feel to be disliked by so many people? I don't think people hated the Niners or even the cowboys the way people hate you guys. I mean every time you loud mouth *******s enter a bar wearing your pathetic Red Sox caps and Brady jerseys people will be snickering at the fact that your team cheated their way to multiple superbowl wins and how you clowns are the only ones who ACTUALLY believe your team earned those championships.

But please continue to be arrogant, it really just creates more entertainment for us.

25. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Ok you're right. But at least if they admit that they cheated, they might save a little face and not look as stupid as they do now in pretending like cheating is overrated. Which just made me think of a great Patriot Slogan.

CHEATING; IT'S OVERRATED

It would go great on a tee shirt.

26. 31-last2years-4

Ratings:
    +5
    I could be wrong here but didn't your team lose to the JV Giants in the superbowl? How does that make you guys Varsity?

well, we beat you twice...

You facking cheaters can't face reality and it's so entertaining to see. No one likes you guys, no one! How does it feel to be disliked by so many people? I don't think people hated the Niners or even the cowboys the way people hate you guys. I mean every time you loud mouth *******s enter a bar wearing your pathetic Red Sox caps and Brady jerseys people will be snickering at the fac tt that your team cheated their way to multiple superbowl wins and how you clowns are the only ones who ACTUALLY believe your team earned those championships.

ehemmm...
    I must be at the wrong table, sorry.
    But please continue to be arrogant, it really just creates more entertainment for us.[/QUOTE]

27. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I find it impossible to read your posts until you figure out how to use the "QUOTE" feature. You are either stupid or slow... I haven't decided which yet. :icon_shrug:

28. 31-last2years-4

Ratings:
    +5
    "In this crazy world you're either someone's wife or someone's whore, or quickly becoming one or the other".

Jenny Garp

29. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Hope you have a lot to drink at that "big boys table" because, based on your post, it sure seems like it's going to take a lot to wash that bitter taste out of your mouth.

I have a better solution: just throw another asterisk by the 17-1 season to make an even set with the three hanging above your Superbowl "wins." :icon_rofl:

Superbowl Win*
    Superbowl Win*
    Superbowl Win*
    17-1*

*Perfect losers

• Like Like x 1