1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

That one play was funny!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I got a laugh when Rivers threw that really high pass to Sproles. I guess he forgot that Sproles isn't 6'3 - 6'5. :lol:

2. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I feel like this happens a few times every game. :lol:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I don't know. This is the first time I recall Rivers throwing deep to Sproles. When he throws to Sproles, it's usually no further than 5-8 yards and Sproles makes it into a big play.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, the announcers were mentioning this. Rivers was thinking he was throwing to one of his 6 footers. He tried a back-shoulder pass and Sproles couldn't reach it.

If Rivers throws it in front of Sproles, Darren catches it and runs in for an easy TD.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    This must have been while I had to run out to the store real quick and had to follow the play by play with my cell phone. (pretty much the entire 3rd quarter)

Or during the first part of the game when the internet stream I found that was supposed to be the Chargers game was airing the end of the Saints game instead.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Since Rivers has basically all targets at least 6'1 (minus the backs) yeah he just must've forgotten.

Betcha Rivers said "Damnit sorry Darren I thought you were one of my receivers"

7. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    I doubt Rivers (or any good QB) "forgets" who they were throwing to. It's just a tougher throw to a shorter guy with shorter arms. He missed on that one, no big deal. I've seen him do that to Sproles a couple of times this season and LT maybe once last season. We've also seen both of them make catches other RBs wouldn't.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I know it was no big deal... it was just funny.