1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The AFC West Will Return To The POWERHOUSE Of Old This Season....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Mar 1, 2009.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    So Where Will That Leave Us????? :unsure:

:smh:I Think AJ Smith Is ****in Up Right Now And Possibly On The Verge Of Ruining This Club....

2. Layne

Layne Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +32
    Bullshit!...who the **** are you???? ****in up? let the man do his biz who the **** are you? Dean didn't hire you yet?????

3. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    With all of th acquisitions by KC and denver (even though both are undergoing serious overhauls) this could bode ill for an underachieving club. 8-8 will NOT win this division next season so these boys better live up to their potential or get left out of postseason play...

As far as AJ being on the verge, I'm not so sure of that. Lets wait and see how the LT saga plays out.

4. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Insightful! Evocative! Nuanced! Thought provoking!

POST OF THE YEAR!!!

:icon_huh:

(it was the bolded AND italicized font that really sold me)

5. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yes, it's going to get tougher, but in all honesty the other three teams in the AFC West had nowhere to go but up. As much as it was fun for them all to suck, we had to know it wouldn't last forever (except maybe with the Raiders).

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Personally - I prefer our division to be competitive, I think it lights a fire under our guys and makes the division games more fun. 8-8 will NOT cut it this year, only the very best will do. Time to get back to the business of kicking some *** boys!!

Make this mean something:

Lean, Mean, Agile, Mostly Hostile, Highly Motivated Motivated Motivated AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Lighten up, Francis. :yes:

8. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I wouldn't jump down Simba's throat because his concerns are legit. If AJ keeps sitting on his hands the only team he'll be looking down at are the Turds!

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The ONLY competition last season was who sucks the least.

This season, we'll see if the Real Chargers return.
    The other three will suck and clinching the AFC West should be a piece of cake. It should have been last season.

10. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    Matt Cassel and a old safety named brian dawkins who has never played in another system other then jim johnsons... oh my god the sky if falling!!

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Don't overlook the Chiefs. :no:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Chiefs are in a great position for rebuilding but I don't know that it will happen in one season.

Then again... look at the dolphins.

13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:lol:

perfect

we should dig up threads from the last two years instead of starting new

:tup:

14. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I'm willing to bet that Cassel was more a product of the system in place in New England than some amazing QB. Like someone else pointed out, the same team almost went undefeated the previous year. Cassel just did better than people expected and now he's got hype surrounding him.

• Like Like x 2
  15. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    If the Donks keep Cutler (and I sure hope they do) they will suffer through the next season.There is no way that they won't have serious chemistry issues. Cutler is damaged, not that that is something new.

The Chiefs are improving. How in the hell did they get Cassel for the 34th pick? Something stinks.

The Raiders are disfunctional at best. +/- 2 games.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

But who is he going to throw to? Cassel will be a blip on the radar

nothing more

And Cutler in Denver is the long term answer to the Bolts winning the AFC West for a long long time

17. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I think the Chiefs are still a bit behind but that does not bode well because our recent trend is barely beating them. Now they have Cassel to lead the offense and Vrabel to provide veteran leadership on the defense. Does it mean they will be able to unseat the Chargers? I highly doubt it but it does mean it will take THAT MUCH more to beat the Chiefs.
    I think Denver is just amping up and they only scare me on paper. I have already claimed that I think Dawkins is going to be a good fit and bring a lot to the Broncos that they never had before and it might catch us off guard. I think Denver creating a running attack with B and C rated players might also work out really well for that team. I also think Crybaby Jay Cutler and his recieving corps are almost as good as poeple think (I like Royal even after only one season).
    Oakland still sucks, wastes money/draft picks, is beginning to be run-first team but finding little success outside of statistics, and has incompetent fools running the program. I think The Raiders will be picking first in 2010. This AFC West rise is the worst for Jokeland, Haha!
    But above all I think the Chargers, with Philip Rivers at the helm, a healthy and motivated Ladainian Tomlinson, a perfect compliment to him in Darren Sproles, and Merriman leading the D, are in better position to take the title yet again then all of them. It will take some more effort, like 2007 second-half all year long effort. But I KNOW they can do it.

18. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133

SPOT ON!!!...Cassel was a product of the system. I think that Thigpen is a way bette QB. I really felt threatened when he was back there.

19. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    C'mon dude...Simba knows what he's talking about. It's a legitimate concern...I feel the same way too sometimes. If you wanna break things down then lets do it. He's the one that signed LT to the deal that he wants to back out of now. He could have given Sproles a cheaper contract for this year instead of franchising him. He's 1 for 5 with safeties. The only things he's done right since Marty left is getting Rivers a deal and wanting to keep Merriman. I know we made the AFC Champ a couple of years back but we sucked the for first half of that year. We've lost a lot of respect around the NFL. Who's fault is it?

20. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Considering that Brady was Brian Griese's back-up at Michigan, there is some truth there. Still, I think Cassell at least gives them two choice's at QB counting Thigpen. Vrable can still play and is definitely a leader. The Bolts beat them by only 1 point..TWICE and should have lost one of those for sure, the Chiefs should be a concern to Charger fans.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Cassell or Thigpen have both Tony G. & Bowe to throw to. In case you haven't noticed, Dwayne Bowe has become a good receiver in the NFL. They'll look to deepen that position in later rounds.

Curry to the Chiefs at #3. Legit impact player from the onset. With Vrabel in to provide veteran leadership, Curry is going to fit very nicely.

Again - don't sleep on the Chiefs.

22. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    True that, any additions at all were going to help them improve on how they played against us last year! let alone a new quaterback..

we should be fine if we get ourselves back on track but we cant underestimate our division rivals (cept for the turds obviously) :bolt:

23. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Teams restructure deals all the time, A.J. is not the first person to do it. Also, LT frankly isn't worth that amount now. He's older, slowing down, and has a DETACHED TENDON that may come back and bite him in the *** this coming season.

The franchise tag was just a mechanism to keep Sproles around while they negotiate. A longer term deal will be negotiated.

People have short memories. A.J. has presided over a very prosperous era in San Diego. If Marty and the players wouldn't have stepped on their ***** in 2006, and we weren't dealing with several injuries to key players at the same time in 2007, who knows how things would have shaken out. All A.J. can do is build the team, and he's done a good job of that. Is he perfect? Of course not, show me a GM who hits on every draft pick and free agent signing.

All I can ask of my team's GM is to have the team in the thick of things as often as possible, and hopefully at some point the breaks will go our way.

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It's not going to happen overnight, sure they may improve but a serious contender????? I don't see it. Besides, it isn't like we're going to just sit idly by and do nothing. Take a deep breath and give it some time, let's see how it all unfolds.

25. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Eat A Dick, Dude...I'm An E-Jock/E-Legend...Bolttalk Veteran....

And I Think AJ Is ****in Up Once Again Not Being Aggressive In The Free Agency...Let Alone...We're Rumored To Be Putting Cro On The Trade Block And Taking Back Drayton Florence :tdown:

And From The Looks Of It The AFC WEST Just Got A Lil Tougher In The Past Week...

Seems To Me That My Point Is Well In Place....

Dumbass...

Neg Rep Given, Retard...

:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  26. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

I agree but, if SM comes back well and with the addition of a full season of Rivera's influence, I think our defense comes back strong. Which, in the long run improves our offense

Nice blast :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

It takes nothing to get under that guy's emotions going crazy.
    He's a major head case!!! :yes:

28. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]

29. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Glad you came to your senses at the last.

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You seemed to had gotten a real attitude since your master punished you.
    Just remember that "tough love" is constructive! :yes: