1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Andrew Pinnock Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Dec 16, 2007.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    A lot of people wondered (out loud) over the past few years about Andrew Pinnock, and why the hell we were keeping him around.

I think we saw why today.

I think this kid is the real deal and the heir apparent to Lorenzo. He knocked some heads out there today and his blocks were near perfect. Our guards were also monstrous today - Dielman and Goff were knocking people out. (That block by Dielman early in the game during one of LTs long runs when he cleared out 3 Lions was a thing of beauty). But the running game didn't miss a beat with Lo out. The **** got handled.

Nice job Andrew! :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    With all respect to Lo Neal who is one of my favorite football players of all time, that was probably the best FB performance I've seen from a Charger this year. Pinnock lays the wood and has the speed and athleticism to get to the second level. The future at FB is bright. Lo Neal will have to fight to get his job back.

3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Pinnock did a nice job and ive always said he is underrated on these forums as a FB but if Neal comes back, i dont think there is much compitition. Unless they want to go younger and are satisfied with Pinnocik as tell Neal he may not start....then he may hang em up.

4. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Don't be so sure. Norv has shown more of a willingness to replace starters than Marty. If Pinnock is playing better, he'll be in there.

5. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

You're absolutely right. I love Lorenzo, but Pinnock did a much better job sealing off linebackers and making blocks in space today, than Lorenzo has done all year. We'll see if he can keep it up consistently, and if so, we won't have to spend a draft pick on a new fullback.

6. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    In the hole, there's still nobody better than Lorenzo (that didn't come out right :lol:), but he's started show his age in space. He has not done as well sealing the edge and blocking at the second level as he has in years past.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    LoNeal has had a great career. The decision rests until training camp, but Pinnock has sealed his place on the roster. Sproles has put his stamp on more than one game. We have some roster flexibility we haven' had before. Considering the results of this game, there isn't much doubt about concentrating on fat boys for the draft. Davis stepped up. Darren stepped up. Marques stepped up. Siler stepped up. Norval stepped up. Teddy stepped up. Last year, we entered the playoffs playing below our peak. This year we are peaking for the playoffs.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    before we grant him the starting job, let's see how Pinnock does against a team that's somewhat better then the hapless Lions

9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    It doesn't matter who he was playing against, Pinnock moved well and finished blocks today. He deserves alot of credit for that.

10. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

Definitely. Consistency is key. The team needs to come out with the same effort and intensity against the Donks next week. No need to step off of the peddle right now.

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    It's living under the alias, "My apologies to D. Sproles."

12. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    He's a FB...not like he is the QB. Pinnock still sucked as a HB when they gave him the bal from that spot against the hapless Lions. All we need him to do is block well so i dont think it matters who we are playing.

We'll see how he does the next two weeks.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    still, having a great game, sealing off LBs and opening holes in the middle are very different against the Lions and Raiders and Broncos versus opening them vs. the Jags, the Patriots, etc.

14. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402

And on the other hand....the Lions give up the most sacks in the NFL and we didnt get any today.

He did well today is all i can say.

15. Showmeyourbolt

Ratings:
    +192

The Cowboys didn't get any last week either. The defense held their offense to 14 points, and that is much more important than the amount of sacks that we get.

16. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Pinnock played great. I think we can officially cross Fullback off our 2008 draft wish list.

17. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    I agree, but that wasnt my point.

BTW....Dallas had 1 sack and no INT's

18. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    That's right. Step up and pay homage to my boy! :bolt:

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Not quite ready for that, but he did a nice job today. Good game, Andrew!! :tup:

20. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep i think so, i think Pinnock is the truth

21. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I love LoNeal, he's a special player but I watched Pinnock a lot yesterday and I must say he impressed me. He blocked as well as Lo and he's quite a bit quicker. I've officially quit worrying about what we'll do if LoNeal retires. :)

22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I bought my adopted boy a gift to honor his performance yesterday...

[​IMG]

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed.

I am not sure how fans can say he was under rated or even rated for that matter when he has not played. I have not seen enough of this dude to even begin to say I liked or hated his ***.

Yesterday, he showed me he can compete but I would wait and see how he does against better defenses and schemes. He flashes the skill set so his consistency is next.

24. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    You boy was blowing peeps up yesterday! :abq2:

My boy did some good work today. He got lit up on that red zone slant and still held the ball. :tup:

25. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yes, consistency is key. But regardless of the opponent, Pinnock has shown the ability to get from point A to point B and to finish a block when he gets there. Lo has struggled to get from A to B at times this year.

26. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Pinnock had a great game, so props for that. :tup:

I hope he keeps it up and and fills Lo's shoes while he is out.

27. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Rivers threw a bullet on that slant. :yes: