1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The ARROGANT NFLPA says YOU FANS ARE BEHIND THEM

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/...sage-From-All-NFL-Players-to-Our-Fans/KICKOFF

MESSAGE FROM ALL NFL PLAYERS TO OUR FANS

We are men, and we are family men who love our country, our game and our fans.

As we face an uncertain future and the threat of being locked out of the game we love and rely on to provide for our families, we make to you this solemn promise:

To the Players who have come before us, fought and paid the price for pensions, health care and free agency—to men like John Mackey, Alan Page, Dan Marino, Freeman McNeil, Boomer Esiason, Reggie White and Kevin Mawae;
    To the stadium workers, officers, businesses and everyone who gets their hands dirty working for this game;
    To each and every player who risks everything for the thrill of this game;
    To everyone who loves this game and lives as we do for kickoff;
    And to the few who stand against us;
    The Players and fans will STAND AS ONE.

- NFLPA Executive Committee: Charlie Batch, Drew Brees, Brian Dawkins, Domonique Foxworth, Scott Fujita, Sean Morey, Tony Richardson, Jeff Saturday, Mike Vrabel, Brian Waters & the Players of the National Football League

Excuse me ?

The fans will stand as ONE with the players ? :tdown:

Hey Fuc you NFLPA Executive committee. :pissed:

Who the hell are you to be so presumptuous as to think the fans are behind the greedy millionares who play for the even greedier billionaires.

Speak for yourselves and not the fans you aholes :tdown:

2. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I will be rooting for the replacement players.

The ONE thing the players will get from this fan is ONE MIDDLE FINGER.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I stand behind having football and I stand behind my team, the rest is of no concern

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    And how do you feel having the NFLPA speak for you - the fan - and standing as one with them ?

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    If the owners lock out the players, who will the fans support? I know where you stand, but in general, will the fans support the players or the owners?

That said, the NFLPA has caved before. I'm not buying the whole "unity" BS.

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    In general, I think the fans will resent both. That is what happened during the last strike if you remember. Greedy owners against greedy players and the fans are the small guy getting screwed. Fans were pissed off big time. I was and most everyone I knew that went to the strike games were pissed but we made due.

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,421
    Trumpy's right here. It doesn't matter who's seemingly in the right. In the end it's millionaires arguing with billionaires over money while the fan is left standing in the cold.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Fans need to treat this like it is their last year watching football.

A few fans thought the players would cave during the last strike especially when the replacement players took the field. The players did not.

The difference back then is we knew the system needed tweaking. There was no free agency or a CBA in place. Teams literally bought Super Bowls (49'ers Eddie DeBartolo). **** had to change.

The fans were the ones who took it in the *** and eventually they all came back for more with smiles. I never left so the screwing has been continuous.

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I call it presumptive arrogance that the NFLPA thinks the fans will lock arms and march goose step in unison to the cadence of greed when the economy sucks ***.

This pisses me off more than our weakass lines and special teams play.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Gotta agree w/ the Trumpet on this one.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I started a thread on the 2011 lockout and it was locked.

How can you negotiate a deal if you don’t even know the Owners want?

If it is the Rookie Salary cap, then how many vets do you know that will sit out for them?

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The Packers CEO said:

The two sides are at odds over different points of a player’s career—taking care of retired NFL veterans and rookie compensation.

Read more: Packers CEO Says NFL Strike Unlikely in 2011

13. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    You mean a player that made Millions and Millions of $$$$$$ playing needs help AFTER he quit playing? I guess they should make sure the players have a degree from the College they went to when they played College Football.

14. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The lockout... I'm done. PERIOD.

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Liar.

You will be back and just as sick as ever.

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Sorry Trumpy. Not this time. If there is no football in 2011... I will not be back as a fan of any team. When the NFL does return, I'll just watch and enjoy the sport itself. Nothing more. I can't get behind any of this nonsense on the business side. Bunch of multi-millionaires whining about **** while the ones who made them rich (the fans) get screwed.

F.U.C.K. THEM ALL. The best way you can show your disdain for it all, is to not spend any more money on their product. To watch games I'll just rob 'em from web.

17. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Hand in hand with the fans? Morons have no clue like that idiot Ewing wearing fake glasses trying to look smart.
    Screw them all.

18. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Next year is going to be so ROUGH and TERRIBLY LONG if there is no football. I will be a College Football NUT if there is no NFL...

We can always watch the D-League known as the UFL.

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074

I might be in the same boat, this is absolute BS!!!!!!!!!
    If thats how they want to treat us, the fans, then I will devote all my spare time to Baseball. Winterball is hot and heavy during Football Season and I turn down games so I can be with MY Chargers.

20. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    A lot of the guys earlier on didn't make as much money, so I do feel bad for them. It really comes down to what level do they want to take care of retired players.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I agree with you. The players speak for themselves. Why should I support them, they both want more money and guess who gets screwed to pay it to them.

Rookies should make significantly less (especially the top 10-15 picks), it's disgusting watching bums like Jamarcus Russell stink it up and get paid 10's of millions for it. Earn your pay like everyone else.

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    They play sports for just a couple of years as a professional. If they don’t like that, they are free to pursue employment elsewhere while choosing a new career. They went to school on a full scholarship, something a lot of us only dream of, if they blew that, then blew their wages then it is time to live like an ordinary person and get a job. No one held a gun to their heads and told them to play professional Football, a sport that everyone knows a average player will only last for a few years.

23. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    It is in the best intrest of the veteran players to have a rookie salary cap (more money for them) but it's the agents taht do jedi mind tricks on the players to make them think that's a bad idea, after all, big rookin contracts, big comisions for the agents

24. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Definitely getting a slotted pay structure down for rookies is a must. But that is just 1 issue of a 100 that still needs to get ironed out.

25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    thats a good question. Who runs the players union. The players or the agents. Or both.

I'd allow agents to put in their ideas. But I'd totally leave the agent ambulance chasers totally out of the decisions.

• Like Like x 1
  26. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34
    This is insane

27. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Camilo and I have already discussed this.

28. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Go Sacramento Mountain Lions or whoever they are lol

29. D4L

D4L BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    I am still unclear what the players want. Do they want the NFL to pay for all the former players retirements. Can't thier Union dues do that? Do they want the NFL to pay for thier retirement? Can't the Millions they make now be put into a 401k plan the Union can control or do they not trust thier union enough? Whatever ends up happening, WE, will get screwed. Increase salaries for them means increased ticket prices/parking and concessions for the game. And of course the mark up on those chinese made jersey will go up just for the honor of having the NFL logo on there.

• Like Like x 1
  30. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm sure you have. It's a done deal for me. And I don't buy for a second this BS about taking care of retired players as a key point of contention.

Bottom line is this: The owners don't need football in order for them to remain wealthy. And that makes the players really upset. Tough shiit. The fans pay the players' salaries... and we pay them very well. I say get the fucck out there and play or I ain't gonna pay.