1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The battle for the west begins now....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Denvers remaining games
    Nov 5 @Pittsburgh
    Nov 12 @Oakland
    Nov 19 San Diego
    Nov 23 @Kansas City
    Dec 3 Seattle
    Dec 10 @San Diego
    Dec 17 @Arizona
    Dec 24 Cincinnati
    Dec 31 San Francisco

KC's remaining game
    Nov 5 @St. Louis
    Nov 12 @Miami
    Nov 19 Oakland
    Nov 23 Denver
    Dec 3 @Cleveland
    Dec 10 Baltimore
    Dec 17 @San Diego
    Dec 23 @Oakland
    Dec 31 Jacksonville

Oakland's remaining games
    Nov 6 @Seattle
    Nov 12 Denver
    Nov 19 @Kansas City
    Nov 26 @San Diego
    Dec 3 Houston
    Dec 10 @Cincinnati
    Dec 17 St. Louis
    Dec 23 Kansas City
    Dec 31 @N.Y. Jets

Our remaining games
    Nov 5 Cleveland 4:
    Nov 12 @Cincinnati
    Nov 19 @Denver
    Nov 26 Oakland
    Dec 3 @Buffalo
    Dec 10 Denver
    Dec 17 Kansas City
    Dec 24 @Seattle
    Dec 31 Arizona

So given this, who is in the best position to win the west?!

Denver and SD are at 5-2. KC is at 4-3, Oakland is 2-5.

This is a three dog race, which dog has the inside track?

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    KC has the easiest schedule from here on out and Green starting practicing again. I'd watch out for them.

I think Denver's set for a fall.

KC at San Diego could determine the division.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    The Cincinati, and @ denver games are the ones that I really look at as the big challenges left...

4. curtisboltfan

curtisboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    of course, as always denver plays the majority of their hardest games at home, but i still think that the bolts take the division.:bolt:

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,476
    I think we can beat Denver if we dont let Plummer look like a probowler.

6. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    kc will lose at least five more games- including next week at st. louis. denver is peaced at pit next week. oakland sucks. unless the jets have a miracle run, or the bengals as well, we should lock a wild card (if somehow a snowball has a chance in hell and we dont win the division). this is assuming j-ville sputters the rest of the way, and the afc north cancels each other out, which is very likely. look at the jags schedule, its not easy.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,476
    KC is starting to scare me actually,they have looked good on the Offensive side of the ball, and have there moments on D.

But then again, we did score 27 points in the snap of a finger, and the Seahawks didnt have Alexander and Hasselbeck today an nearly won anyway.
    So I dunno.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,890
    they have two weapons; Gonzalez and Johnson
    If we could actually TACKLE we could fix that

The other option is to score so much so fast that we don't let them get the running game going

9. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7

And don't underestimate the advantage they had in playing us in Arrowhead. In my opinion we dominated a superior version of the Chiefs today. I expected the Bolts to lose in KC (and loved their moxy in fighting to make the game a nail-biter). My belief is that they'll be dismantled when they play us here in San Diego.

10. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Cincy's a paper-tiger. If you don't turn the ball over against them they aren't going to beat you unless you suck. They're suffering the '93 Chargers syndrome...a team pops outta nowhere, has a great season, gets a much tougher schedule and then proves they aren't ready for prime-time. In some ways it's even more exagerrated for Cincy, because they have all the hype generated by CJ, Palmer, and their "Colts Lite" offense.

Cincy has a good offense and nothing else.

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Gotta play one game at a time. Everyone and god knows the denver games will be huge. And denver knows it too. Looking at the schedule they really should just concentrate on one game at a time. There are many battle yet to come.

12. Burley

Burley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I have a feeling we're going to be 8-4, and it's going to come down to how we finish the season...if we win all four I'll be very pleasantly suprised, but I think we might give one away...

13. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    At this point you really can't count anybody out of the west with the exception of the Raiders. The bottom line is we have to beat Denver on their turf and we haven't proven that we can do that the past couple of years. I truly believe that we are the better team its just a matter of us showing up to play or not.

14. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Raiders are 2-5, not 3-5. :icon_wink:

15. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Ladies and Gents, we control our own destiny. We need to at worst, win all our home games. We have 5 home games left...browns, raiders, broncos, chiefs, cardnals. That gives us 10 wins. Apply that to other road wins, bills, and maybe cincy, that gives us 12. They control, not the other teams. If we can do this, we will make the playoffs. Division champs or not, I want a playoff berth. Pittsburgh needs to get off there *** and start winning again. Hopefully they start this week versus the donks. The raiders need to help us out, but not become dangerous to where we need to worry about them. The chiefs need to slow down a bit as well. We will be in the playoffs.