1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The befits of Bill Cowher

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rickochey, Dec 2, 2011.

1. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Bill Cowher brings a lot to table as a (potential) HC. He always seemed to have a powerful team with awesome D/LBs, and a good QB.

I believe that BC brings more to the table now after sitting out for the past few years is that is able to sit back and look around at teams and players. I believe he has a much clearer head than if he just jumped to the Chargers with no time off. Cowher brings discipline and a toughness that this team lacks. BC has/recent SB success that any young player that has watched football as a kid would most likely look up to BC as that leader/HC. This is one reason why I believe that Jim Harbaugh has been successful.

I know there is a statistic about no HC has ever won 2 SB with different teams but BC never had a QB like Rivers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    What is "Befits"? Aren't those small pet treats?

• Like Like x 1
  3. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    yes, that is what they are...lol.. I so didn't see that..:oops:

4. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Lol .. Bill Cowher idk .. could be good for SD though.. we need some toughness and his previous steeler teams were always tough... im tired of the soft label SD has

• Like Like x 2
  5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    I believe your thinking of ..............
    [​IMG] maybe ??????

I just hope Cowher gets those "befits" taken care of, those can be nasty so I hear.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Las Vegas Charger fan

Las Vegas Charger fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +35

I agree, as a analyst BC is given an opportunity to scrutinize other teams methods and personnel. That kind of experience should be valuable. He's seen what coaches have done, if they have succeeded or failed, plus I never really heard him disparage the Chargers, and he's fond of Rivers as a QB. Maybe BC could help Rivers un-f*ck himself for next year?
    On a side note, I just watched Full Metal Jacket again last night, maybe if Gunnery Sergeant had football experience...[​IMG][​IMG]

"Let me see your war yell!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

(not my pics found them on Yahoo images)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I have absolutely no faith that the Chargers will make a good hire at either the head coach or GM position. The Spanos family is completely inept when it comes to football. When they sell the team, maybe the new owner will care about winning.

• Like Like x 2
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    If Cowher is brought in the players will weep at the prospects of the history of club Med and labor the thought of the new rough acres. Oh, for the bliss.

9. Las Vegas Charger fan

Las Vegas Charger fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +35
    BC will have to clean house! The Chargers should not be a retirement home.
    FWIW Cower on The NFL Today is wearing a powder blue handkerchief in his breast pocket. ;)

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    He'd bring instant respectability back to the franchise, no more snickering about a Norv coached team, no more thinking the Chargers are cream puffs, no more thinking they can't take being punched in the mouth. It would also send a message to the city/county the team is focused on winning and will do what it takes, for season ticket holders and for those interested in investing in a stadium. It would also I think attract players who want to win, they know this is a guy who's been to the top of the mountain and can lead a team.

The negative with him is that he's a very Marty coach - he needs a good OC/DC. He'll set the tone but we need someone to run the defense and the offense. And they have to be good ones. Where we will find those are another story entirely. Ken Wisenhunt is on the hot seat in Arizona, wonder if he'd come here with Rus Grimm (that's someone to whip the lines into shape) to be the OC. He isn't a normal steeler OC of Marty Ball.

11. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Regardless if BC gets us a title he will at least turn this soft-quickly sinking team around.